• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

AMC's 'Hell on Wheels'

Phil

http://chevronone.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Hell1.png

http://www.amctv.com/shows/hell-on-wheels

--

AMC is quickly following the path of HBO before it where it seems to be churning out great series after great series. Hell on Wheels is poised to be another one in line of them of late if the premiere is is anything to base the rest of this season on.

A bit brutal, but considering the context that's actually quite appropriate. The jury is still out on Common as far as I'm concerned, but I'd say this is well cast otherwise.

Colm Meaney and Anson Mount are such underrated actors. Hopefully this program gives them some just due.

Anyone else watching this?

The jury is still out on Common as far as I'm concerned

This is a fucking joke, right?

The guy has the personality of wallpaper. His line delivery is abysmal AT BEST. It's painful to listen to him deliver dialogue. I literally cringe when he opens his mouth to deliver a line. I'd rather watch a rock trying to act than this clown.

He should never be allowed to act under any circumstances. No ifs ands or buts about it.

This is a fucking joke, right?

The guy has the personality of wallpaper. His line delivery is abysmal AT BEST. It's painful to listen to him deliver dialogue. I literally cringe when he opens his mouth to deliver a line. I'd rather watch a rock trying to act than this clown.

He should never be allowed to act under any circumstances. No ifs ands or buts about it.

That's why I said the jury is still out, holmes. It's only been one episode, so I'm willing to give him a couple to try and prove to me he's capable of doing another other than making Devo faces (Friday) and playing "angry black guy" the character.

That's why I said the jury is still out, holmes. It's only been one episode, so I'm willing to give him a couple to try and prove to me he's capable of doing another other than making Devo faces (Friday) and playing "angry black guy" the character.

There is nothing for the jury to be out on. He is horribad. Plain and simple.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just finished season 2 of this and must say it was amazing, Amazing writing and sets but TRULY amazing acting in some instances such as Christopher Heyerdahl who performed one of the truly most creepy characters I have ever seen. Season 3 just finished supposedly and I'm worried they won't make a fourth? Seems unclear, maybe someone have more info on this? Would be a shame for a show like this to only get 3 seasons.

I LOVED this show, it started out SOLID good but about 4-5 episodes in to the first season it just took off with one amazing episode after another through both first and second season.

It's set in such an interesting time in the history of the US and it's just a show with great writing and with awesome performances all round. Even if you're not into westerns you should be able to like this one.

Can't say enough good things about this one.

It's AMC second most watched show after The Walking Dead

EDIT: Just saw they renewed the show for a fourth season the day I wrote this. AWESOME!! Don't miss this show folks.

Archived