• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Skrillex

Phil

I am not a dubstep fan, but Skrillex is fucking brilliant.

Whomp. Whomp. CALL 9-1-1 NOW! Boom. Boom.

I've yet to even get into anything else dubstep. I've seen people rave about acts like Nero, Burial and Skream, but I've only gotten into Skrillex lately. I guess I'll have to try the others, but I agree, Skrillex just has a way of composing really high-end music. His tracks, even if you removed the real dubstep elements, would still be really catchy.

What's funny is I remember hearing Skrillex a while back but only the one track off that first record he put out. Never really looked into it. I should have. Mistake waiting this long.

I am not a dubstep fan because the hardcore dubstep is undanceable weird shit, but Nero is pretty amazing and I love the more drum 'n bass style acts like Pendulum, Noisia and Chase & Status. They are somewhere in between The Prodigy and Skrillex I guess, but you are right, Skrillex is so much more than dubstep and is catch with the layers, rhythms, samples and voice things he does. Overall, it's just really good stuff.

I am not a dubstep fan because the hardcore dubstep is undanceable weird shit, but Nero is pretty amazing and I love the more drum 'n bass style acts like Pendulum, Noisia and Chase & Status. They are somewhere in between The Prodigy and Skrillex I guess, but you are right, Skrillex is so much more than dubstep and is catch with the layers, rhythms, samples and voice things he does. Overall, it's just really good stuff.

Skrillex really does remind me a lot more of drum and bass than it does dubstep, though admittedly I know very little of what dubstep really entails.

I'm on a total Skrillex kick the last few days. Shame he only has two full albums out, and the second is mostly remixes.

This Nero track is pretty typical pop/dubstep and was a huge hit single in the spring in Europe:

Basically dubstep is breakbeats and a beat with a pause in it. Like this song has. This is dubstep 101, but it gets way more complicated and I hate that stuff, but this is pretty good if you ask me. And I'm a guitar guy who grew up on Metallica, Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd.

Archived