• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

20 Years Since Nirvana Released "Nevermind"

Parsley

It is 20 years since Nirvana released their landmark album Nevermind.

Its blistering songs influenced generations of artists and put the grunge scene and Seattle on the musical map.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/travel/3833787/Nirv-centre.html

---

Where does time go? Entering my teenage years at the time, I fell in love with this album and this band. Yes, the album Bleach (often forgot about) was released prior to Nevermind, but obviously it was Nevermind that grabbed the mainstream's attention.

My favorite from the album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgFg9PpArNo&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLEE759365A39E9690

All amazing music. It was a great time to be a teenager in the 90s.

I was 10/11/12 around the time, but was really getting into music at the time. By 15 I had hundreds of CD's. I spent all my money on music. All of it. My dad made fun of me all the time for it telling me I should be saving for things that actually have value. He was kinda right. LOL.

I was 10/11/12 around the time, but was really getting into music at the time. By 15 I had hundreds of CD's. I spent all my money on music. All of it. My dad made fun of me all the time for it telling me I should be saving for things that actually have value. He was kinda right. LOL.

I was the same way, I remember being in the BMG CD club, and ordering like 5-10 CDs every month in the mail. It was crazy.

I was the same way, I remember being in the BMG CD club, and ordering like 5-10 CDs every month in the mail. It was crazy.

SAME! HAHA. I used to get three or four at a time through them. I also had a "Wall Club" card for the old CD Store "The Wall" where every ten albums bought gave you one free or something like that. I spent a ton at that place, too, usually buying two albums at a time once a week.

As a young kid who grew up on late 80s hair bands and metal I won't lie and say I was a Nirvana fan because I never really was (although I did like many songs of theirs and still do). But without any question they changed music forever. Rock was already leaving the spandex and hairspray behind for a new wave of unshowered and unkept grunge by a bunch of rebellious kids who had nothing to truly be rebellious about, but still it came fast and furious and for a good five or six years it was the only way rock was played.

Nirvana didn't start the wave per say, but they were the ones who put it mainstream, no matter how much Cobain may have hated that idea.

As a young kid who grew up on late 80s hair bands and metal I won't lie and say I was a Nirvana fan because I never really was (although I did like many songs of theirs and still do). But without any question they changed music forever. Rock was already leaving the spandex and hairspray behind for a new wave of unshowered and unkept grunge by a bunch of rebellious kids who had nothing to truly be rebellious about, but still it came fast and furious and for a good five or six years it was the only way rock was played.

Nirvana didn't start the wave per say, but they were the ones who put it mainstream, no matter how much Cobain may have hated that idea.

:+1:

The first few bands I got into were GnR and Motley Crue but at that point they were beginning their decline, then Nirvana (and Pearl Jam) came along and moved me in a whole new direction musically. After Cobain's suicide in 1994 grunge began to lose its punch and along came bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit, Deftones and Linkin Park that brought the new era of rock and rap/rock to the scene for the mid and late-90s.

I really enjoy 90s music. Amazing how long ago it is now.

I remember running to Looney Tunes to go get this album, and remember it was so amazing at the time, it still is. I also remember fighting with my friend because he kept telling me there was a hidden track on it, and mine didnt have it so I didnt believe him, until he played it for me. I was thinking last night on my way home about how old I feel hearing this is 20 years old. It doesnt seem that long ago. By the way, if anyone has SiriusXM, this weekend they are running Nevermind Radio on Lithium, all Nirvana songs. I wish they would give Nirvana a channel like they did Pearl Jam, Pearl Jam Radio has been on too long.

Archived