• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rockband R.E.M. Break Up After Three Decades

Jules

Noooooooooooo. I never got to see them live. This is disappointing news. :(

R.E.M. have announced that they have broken up after 31 years together. "As lifelong friends and co-conspirators, we have decided to call it a day as a band," the band said in a statement on their official website today.

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/r-e-m-break-up-after-three-decades-20110921?stop_mobi=yes

If I may ask, who are the others on the list?

It includes Rolling Stones, U2, Jackson Browne and some others. I have seen over 400 bands live, many of them world famous and a few weeks ago I saw Willie Nelson (so he's off the list now, yeeeah) and names like that. I love going to concerts and rock festivals.

Honestly, I thought they already broke up. Never was a fan of theirs.

Back in the day, I worked in an office with a girl who was so in love with Michael Stipe/REM. She and a girlfriend quit their jobs to follow REM around the country. They were convinced that they'd get noticed and become their girlfriends. They wanted to have Michael Stipe's baby. LOL They were quite the crunchy, vegetarian, hippie girls - didn't shave their legs, etc. Needless to say, they never realized their dreams. After about a year, this girl came back to work for us, totally pissed off at REM. :rofl:

Archived