• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Stoked About Zac Jones' Rising Potential

Phil

The Rangers were evidently already high on the 5-foot-10 defenseman when they drafted him, but it was at the World Juniors Summer Showcase the following month that Jones became a distinguished NHL prospect.

Now, six games into his sophomore season at the University of Massachusetts, Jones continues to raise his ceiling of potential higher and higher.

?He?s developing really well because a big part of that is his attitude,? Carvel said during his weekly press conference last week. ?He?ll get to the NHL, I don?t doubt that. I think he understands what his process is going to be to get there. He?s a very coachable kid and he knows where his weak points are and he understands.

?A lot of kids, they don?t want to work on their weaknesses. When you get a kid that will do it on their own, that?s so huge and it?s so impressive to me. Zac is one of those kids.?

His elite hockey sense intrigued the Rangers most, along with his ability to adapt despite being one of the smaller guys on the ice.

But the reality is that Jones is in a pretty deep pool of left-handed defensemen within the franchise ? including Libor Hajek (currently on loan to the Czech Extraliga), Team USA compatriot K?Andre Miller, Matthew Robertson and Tarmo Reunanen, among others.

Carvel believes that by the end of Jones? junior season next year, he should be ready to make the leap to the NHL. Despite having several left-handed defensemen waiting in the wings, Drury will tell you that the Rangers allow their best players to find their way onto the ice.

Regarding a rare and gifted offensive talent like Jones, Drury said the team has high hopes of him doing just that.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/12/rangers-stoked-about-zac-jones-rising-potential/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk