• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Terra Nova

Fuhgeddaboudit

• 1 month later...

Did anyone watch this? I just saw the premiere tonight and liked it.

Special effects were mediocre in my opinion at points, but honestly it's a show and how much do they want to spend on each episode for the special effects?

Also, the acting was pretty decent, hopefully will see better next weekend.

But there definitely is a story to this, a very good plot so far and I can't wait for next weekend.

Pretty much envision Avatar/Jurassic Park.

Pretty much these people in 2149 and there is a deadly disease that is killing off everyone, so they want to start fresh with a new world called Terra Nova where they go back billions of years back in the dino age.

So they start building a civilization and then shit goes wrong, so far there are different colonies all with different purposes (almost like nations) you have Terra Nova who is supposedly the good side while you have 6ers that are the bad guys.

Watch it, it's pretty interesting what happens after the 1st episode. The special effects can be corny and cheesy at times.

Meh. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. I get the sense from it that they basically fused Stargate SG-1 with Jurassic Park and figured who better to thrust into the role of main antagonist than the guy who nearly decimated Pandora in Avatar (Stephen Lang).

I'll give it a few episodes to catch on, but I'm much more interested in the sci-fi concepts of space/time travel and the "key" they were referring to regarding the rock writing than I am with dinosaur fight scenes and the like.

I'll give it a few episodes to catch on, but I'm much more interested in the sci-fi concepts of space/time travel and the "key" they were referring to regarding the rock writing than I am with dinosaur fight scenes and the like.

Glad your giving it a few episodes, but I'm sure that's where they're going with this... it seems like the story is going to be huge around the area of the waterfalls.

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught the first episode of this show. It's interesting, and there's a few things I liked about it.. but there was a few things I thought were so fabricated just to give it some drama that it made it really annoying.. the whole father/son fighting was dumb as shit, especially since before they left to Terra Nova the son almost refused to go unless his dad was there. The son/daughter meeting their love interests on day 1 was also too much.. and obviously, the worst part was the whole thing about going OTG. Who the fuck is going to risk getting chewed up by a dino to make some shitty booze.

Also, the whole fighting the dinosaurs was too much.. that is the most least interesting part of the entire show and there was too much of it.

That was my biggest complaint too, Harris. The dinosaurs were the least interesting aspect of the show. I wanted them to focus on the markings on the rocks and the struggle between tribes.

I gave it three episodes and cancelled it on my DVR, just like FOX will cancel it from their programming soon.

Phil, I abandonded it as well, this show got horrible, first of all the equations was amazing, and was hoping they'd go along that plot, but now there's something new, the BOX?

Too annoying for me, I agree FOX will cancel this show soon, not too good. I have much better things to watch, Breaking bad I want to catch up on.

Phil, I abandonded it as well, this show got horrible, first of all the equations was amazing, and was hoping they'd go along that plot, but now there's something new, the BOX?

Too annoying for me, I agree FOX will cancel this show soon, not too good. I have much better things to watch, Breaking bad I want to catch up on.

Smart move on both accounts.

Archived