• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Returns to Hartford Wolf Pack

Phil

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. ? The Rangers weren?t happy that Vitali Kravtsov decided to go back to Russia in the first place, and they?re certainly not happy that the 19-year-old forward whom they took with the No. 9-overall pick in 2018 had not been playing very much for his team, Traktor, and was just demoted to their minor league.

So Rangers general manager Jeff Gorton has reached out to Kravtsov?s agent in hopes of figuring the situation out ? and hopefully bringing Kravtsov back to play for AHL Hartford.

?He felt it was in his best interest to go back, and we allowed him to do that. I will say we?ve had a number of conversations with his agent recently just to revisit what?s best for him right now,? Gorton said Monday. ?I?ll leave it to the conversations I?m having behind the scenes right now, and we?ll have to make a decision. Obviously we want the guy to play. If he?s not playing enough, then yes, we?d like to control his ice time a little bit.?

The Rangers can agree to bring Kravtsov back at any time, and Gorton reiterated the obvious fact that ?the American League is better? than the minor league in Russia, known as the VHL.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/09/vitali-kravtsov-could-return-to-rangers-after-russian-demotion/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&__twitter_impression=true

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to be extremely concerned and disappointed at how this has played out. So much for it being a good decision on his part at the time. It could have not gone any worse for him. What a hole he's dug himself. Time to show what you're made of kid with your next move.

I don't think his CHL rights are the property of anybody, but I'd go full Roy Halladay and start him in Major Junior, dunno if that's even an option, but it would let him play among his peers in a really well run league with very minimal travel, in the OHL at least. There has to be a staff there that is recognized and trusted. Cough London Cough.

Failing that I'd start him in Maine.

I'm serious, time to break this guy down and build him up again.

I don't like the idea of him in the AHL right away, further failure good buckle him for good, and that a toughhhh league.

I had no issue with him going back and didn’t see it as quite the red flag that maybe some others did.

But the VHL is bad.

If at this point he isn’t hacking it and playing much over there, he just needs to swallow his pride and come over here again. He can start at the bottom, take his time and let his game grow

He may just be in the VHL for a two week wake up call. Between not having a particularly impressive camp with the Rangers, not doing well in Hartford, and now being demoted from the KHL, you have to be concerned about this guy.

Yes, too soon, but Gorton will lose a little luster if two high off the board picks in a row flop.

Wolfpack is the best option and with two other Russians there it should be a good environment for him. It's so strange all of this has happened considering there were a lot of people raving about his character when he came to NYC early to work out and shepherd some of the younger players.

I guess we'll probably never know what happened to him this season. Hopefully he gets that swagger back sooner rather than later.

He may just be in the VHL for a two week wake up call. Between not having a particularly impressive camp with the Rangers, not doing well in Hartford, and now being demoted from the KHL, you have to be concerned about this guy.

Yes, too soon, but Gorton will lose a little luster if two high off the board picks in a row flop.

Wasn't he pretty close to making the team? Wasn't like went out in one of the early cuts. For a 19 year old, I'd think that's a pretty good camp. Pretty big collapse in confidence from there. Maybe he went back to Traktor with an attitude and they wanted to teach him a lesson.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk