• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Mets 2019

lefty9

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

METS gonna' met.

Did you catch the interview the Mets played of Collins during his FOX Sports debut? He was quite emphatic about the diminishing role of the Manager in today's baseball and how even the lineup card is made for him. He said that the "old days of getting to the park at 11AM for a 7 o'clock game and reviewing tape to help finalize the lineup are over. Now, you come into the office in the afternoon, and a lineup card is on your desk." (Think I got that reported well.)

METS gonna' met.

Did you catch the interview the Mets played of Collins during his FOX Sports debut? He was quite emphatic about the diminishing role of the Manager in today's baseball and how even the lineup card is made for him. He said that the "old days of getting to the park at 11AM for a 7 o'clock game and reviewing tape to help finalize the lineup are over. Now, you come into the office in the afternoon, and a lineup card is on your desk." (Think I got that reported well.)

Yes I did see that interview and I wasn't really surprised as baseball has now become a game of analytics and number crunchers to where the manager no longer goes by feel or gut.

WTF is going on in Mets land?

Tough sports year: Rangers in hell all season, Knicks sucked, Mets imploding, Red Bulls soccer losing ridiculously, Ferrari not winning F1, Giants WTF?

But I cannot stop myself from watching. I've now morphed into one of those dopes who slow down to take a hard look at the car wreck and slow traffic (I don't actually do that, but you know what I'm feeling.)

WTF is going on in Mets land?

Tough sports year: Rangers in hell all season, Knicks sucked, Mets imploding, Red Bulls soccer losing ridiculously, Ferrari not winning F1, Giants WTF?

But I cannot stop myself from watching. I've now morphed into one of those dopes who slow down to take a hard look at the car wreck and slow traffic (I don't actually do that, but you know what I'm feeling.)

Not looking good in Mets land for sure, but will give it until the end of the month before I start bitching. It seems like they can't get all 3 facets of the game going correctly at the same time, hitting, bullpen and starting pitching.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Imagine ,they gave up their top prospect for a over the hill second baseman (who will be making a ton of money here for what he did for the yankees )and a reliever ,who has sucked .

When are the mets going to stop.going after all-star second baseman that turn into disaster .

Juan Samuel

Carlos Baerga

Robert Alomar

Castilla