• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Fast Likely Done For the Season

Phil

The likelihood is Jesper Fast, who played through a shoulder issue for nearly three months before missing Tuesday?s match against the Red Wings, has played his last game of the season.

?We?re leaning in that direction,? coach David Quinn said after the winger who is renowned for his toughness and work ethic was not on the ice for Thursday?s practice following Wednesday?s off day. ?We don?t want to put anyone in harm?s way.?

Fast, who has won the past three Players? Player awards as voted by his teammates, sustained a shoulder injury Dec. 14 that sidelined him for only five games when the original timeline had been two to four weeks. Fast has rarely practiced since but until Tuesday played in all but one game following his Dec. 29 return.

The 28-year-old Swede suffered a shoulder separation during the 2016-17 campaign. After that season he underwent surgery on his left hip that delayed the start of his 2017-18 by five games. Fast, the fourth senior Ranger behind Henrik Lundqvist, Marc Staal and Chris Kreider, has posted 20 points (8-12) in 66 games this season.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/21/rangers-jesper-fast-may-have-toughed-out-last-game-this-year/

Probably, but they don't have much incentive to move on just yet. He has one more year at $1.85 million. I doubt you're getting much value for him in a trade — what, a fourth- or maybe third-rounder? Just shut him down, let him heal up, and go another year with a guy you know you can count on. Then let him walk in free agency.

A 4th is better than nothing

Fast for another year is better than a fourth. He's a known commodity. The odds of that fourth even becoming what he is are low. These are the types of players you can rest easy at night knowing you didn't trade for paltry value for the sake of a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Another guy to move on from.

and my jersey collection of Blair Betts and Jesper Fast gets even more irrelevant

I think he's be a decent deadline acquisition next year. He has stepped up and been good in the playoffs when we've been there. I could see a team giving a third for him at the deadline if they need depth help

Fast for another year is better than a fourth. He's a known commodity. The odds of that fourth even becoming what he is are low. These are the types of players you can rest easy at night knowing you didn't trade for paltry value for the sake of a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He was a 6th round pick and hasn't played a full season in the last 3 years. I'll take a 4th for him at this point

I think all trades depend on what you get in return. Yeah, I'd take a 4th for him, but he's most likely going to play out his deal and then walk. I'm fine with that, and thanks for his service. I don't know what kind of veteran leadership he may bring to the locker room, but I don't think this team does any better or any worse with him, or without him.

Archived