• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Howden Suffered MCL Sprain; Out Of Lineup "For A While"

Phil

Brett Howden was injured during the first period of Tuesday?s game vs. the Philadelphia Flyers, and he is reportedly going to be out of the lineup for a while.

Once he undergoes an MRI the Rangers will have a more definite timeline, and who the team promotes from Hartford ? if they even choose to do so ? will likely give an indication of the severity of Howden?s injury.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019/1/30/18204065/nhl-new-york-rangers-report-brett-howden-is-going-to-be-out-of-lineup-for-a-while

I don't get how guys like Howden and Anderson are getting a tough time from this board. did you guys expect the next Sid?

I dont believe anyone can with certainty say what they are at the moment.

I dont think we've been too hard on Howden. Some of these things have been said about him from the beginning. Its just more apparent to the everyone else, except Quinn - which leads to more comments.

I dont think anyone is, or should be "done" with either 20 year old, at this point. The same people calling Andersson a bust are also dreaming about 20 year old college players, so its more of a preference of personnel, rather than calling out a guy for not producing, which, I mean, you can. With being the only high draft pick the Rangers have iced in 20 years, he comes with the highest expectations, whether its fair to put those on him, is a different discussion, but can be frustrating, as a fan.

I dont think we've been too hard on Howden. Some of these things have been said about him from the beginning. Its just more apparent to the everyone else, except Quinn - which leads to more comments.

I dont think anyone is, or should be "done" with either 20 year old, at this point. The same people calling Andersson a bust are also dreaming about 20 year old college players, so its more of a preference of personnel, rather than calling out a guy for not producing, which, I mean, you can. With being the only high draft pick the Rangers have iced in 20 years, he comes with the highest expectations, whether its fair to put those on him, is a different discussion, but can be frustrating, as a fan.

only 20 year old college girls, okay?

he looked much better playing wing last night. had couple of chances. My hopes went up for him and came crashing down fast

I thought he looked pretty good on the wing as well. Depending on how serious the injury is though, I'm wondering if maybe it's best to just shut it down for the year, heal up, don't risk injury, have a productive summer and come back to camp fresh and ready to earn some ice time again.

Archived