• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NBC Abandoning 'Wednesday Night Rivalry' for 'Wednesday Night Hockey'

Phil

The Wednesday Night Rivalry format will be replaced by Wednesday Night Hockey, the change that will create most of the schedule diversity on NBC Sports Network. Wednesday Night Hockey will feature 17 doubleheaders. Tampa Bay, Colorado, Toronto, Vegas, Edmonton, Nashville and Winnipeg will all have multiple appearances on that night.

?Sometimes I think, through no fault of anyone, we were looking at the ratings through a core group of teams,? Flood said. ?Rivalry Night was successful but some of (the rivalries) don?t have the juice they once did when we started this 12 or 13 years ago.?

NBC plans to bring a roaming studio, and some of their top talent, to many of the doubleheader sites to add more flavor to the broadcasts.

Flood said one objective of the new strategy is ?to show what?s happening in the newer markets.?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2018/08/13/nhl-schedule-nbc-broadcast-new-strategy-2018-19/971814002/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Hopefully now they show more than just the two teams in the hour pre-game. But with the earlier start times, I'm assuming shorter pre-games, but still only discussing the teams playing... which are the sames teams as last season, Washington, Pittsburgh, TB, Chicago, Detroit.

Archived