• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

CAR Sign D Calvin de Haan to 4-Year/$18.2M Contract; $4.55M AAV

Phil

I don't get all the attention for de Haan. He doesn't make Carolina any better.

They were first in shot attempts for and 2nd in shot attempts against last year. What actual difference can a mid-pair, 30-point defenseman make?

He gives them three rock solid pairings and allows them the safety of trading Faulk for help.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

They had 3 solid pairs last year. It's Dougie who allows them to trade Faulk, not de Haan, he just fills the gap left by Hanifin.

Slavin - Dougie

Pesce - TVR

Dahlbeck - McKeown/Fleury would be just as good as anything including de Haan.

I don't think they should trade Faulk anyways. On a second pair he'd be devastating.

Edit: Dahlbeck went to the KHL. But whatever.

Well, that's a big contract for a guy just coming off of injury. Really thought he'd have to sign a "prove it" type of deal.

Canes D really looking good. If they get a goalie they may finally be heading in a good direction. Not sure they need a Schneider level guy to dump money in.

I don't get all the attention for de Haan. He doesn't make Carolina any better.

They were first in shot attempts for and 2nd in shot attempts against last year. What actual difference can a mid-pair, 30-point defenseman make?

He is a good defensive defenseman and also plays a physical game and can play top 4 minutes. I wouldn’t have minded him here, they need someone who is physical on the backend.

Why what? I clearly stated why I would have liked him here and what he brings to a team.

Why does Carolina need someone physical.

Their goaltending was awful but they were one of the best defensive teams in the league last year, by shots.

Archived