PDA

View Full Version : NFL: 2018-2019 NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley
04-17-2018, 09:23 AM
Off we go!

DRAFT is on the horizon. Rumors are all over the place with what they will do at #2.

If they (GM and coach) are serious about riding ELI for another 2-3 years (minimum) then I donít see how they can pass on Barkley.

If that is all a smokescreen (they plan to dump Eli after this season) then drafting a QB (if they think it is their guy) or trading back for additional picks makes the most sense to me.
Personally, if are moving away from ELI at seasons end you have to roll the dice on one of these QBís IMO.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=92212)

SaveByRichter35
04-17-2018, 09:27 PM
Eli is still a capable NFL qb. Give him a decent back to help the running game and an O line to help him get the ball to his receivers and we're right back in this division.

Parsley
04-18-2018, 09:42 AM
Eli is still a capable NFL qb. Give him a decent back to help the running game and an O line to help him get the ball to his receivers and we're right back in this division.

Thatís how I feel right now. Eli has had garbage backs (and OL) since Jacobs and Bradshaw when he was at his best. Give him one last shot to show heís got it with a great back (and hopefully an improved OL) and see how it goes. If itís a failure, look to draft another QB in 1-3 years or let Webb get his chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=92212)

Vodka Drunkenski
04-18-2018, 09:58 AM
I think it all depends on what Cleveland does. If the Giants only like Darnold, but heís off the board by then, then you take Chubb or trade the pick. I wouldnít waste the number 2 pick on a running back.

Parsley
04-18-2018, 10:13 AM
I think it all depends on what Cleveland does. If the Giants only like Darnold, but heís off the board by then, then you take Chubb or trade the pick. I wouldnít waste the number 2 pick on a running back.

But their offense has been garbage and/or predictable with no run game for years. OBJ (then Engram after the OBJ injury) are their only bright spots.

Vodka Drunkenski
04-18-2018, 10:22 AM
But their offense has been garbage and/or predictable with no run game for years. OBJ (then Engram after the OBJ injury) are their only bright spots.

I blame that on the offensive line, thereís a couple of good running backs you can get later in the first or early 2nd that will do well behind a good line

Lt. Dan
04-18-2018, 11:22 AM

Its not a waste if Barkley turns out to be the impact RB heís projected as. It brings a whole new element to the offense that has been sorely needed in NY. Yea the Giants have some RB depth now with Stewart and Gallman has shown flashes of solid talent; but Iím not sure if an RB of this caliber is such a bad idea at #2

Granted thereís no way of knowing if what scouts are saying about Barkley will hold true but I wonít be upset if he comes here. Look what guys like Elliot and Fournette have done for their teams. Barkleyís name is being thrown in the same circle as those guys.

Parsley
04-18-2018, 01:14 PM
Its not a waste if Barkley turns out to be the impact RB heís projected as. It brings a whole new element to the offense that has been sorely needed in NY. Yea the Giants have some RB depth now with Stewart and Gallman has shown flashes of solid talent; but Iím not sure if an RB of this caliber is such a bad idea at #2

Granted thereís no way of knowing if what scouts are saying about Barkley will hold true but I wonít be upset if he comes here. Look what guys like Elliot and Fournette have done for their teams. Barkleyís name is being thrown in the same circle as those guys.

Yup. If the plan is ride ELI a few years, this guy can relieve the weight on Eliís shoulders. Or even Webb a few years down the road.

Parsley
04-18-2018, 01:22 PM
Yes please.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/04/18/saquon-barkley-giants-nfl-draft-todd-mcshay/

Lt. Dan
04-18-2018, 02:29 PM
The only thing that would fuck that plan is if the Browns took him first then grabbed a QB 4th.

Parsley
04-18-2018, 02:47 PM
The only thing that would fuck that plan is if the Browns took him first then grabbed a QB 4th.

Then the GIANTS need to guess right on the best upcoming QB. they'll have a full table to choose from.....or trade down a few spots and get whatever top QB is left around 5-6 (Rosen, perhaps). Figure Darnold and Mayfield will go first between 2-4 if they trade down into a 5-6 slot.

Who knows.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=92212)

rmc51
04-18-2018, 03:40 PM
The best thing the Giants could do is work out a trade with the Bills....say the #2 for #12, #22, 2nd, 3rd.

Then spin around and trade the #12, 2nd, 3rd to move up to ~7-8 spot IF either Bradley Chubb or Quentin Nelson are available still.

Giants would have a guy that would have been worthy of a #2 pick, but would have the #22 in the 1st as well. It would be a serious miscalculation not to cut a deal with Buffalo, who has to be beyond desperate to move up for a QB.

Bieser
04-19-2018, 07:16 AM

Which is exactly what I do if I'm Cleveland. There will still be a QB left at 4.

Future
04-19-2018, 11:35 AM
As a Cowboys fan, I really hope the Giants take Barkley. He won't make them better lol

Barkley is basically Reggie Bush, but they're going to use him like Le'Veon Bell because he's a good receiver. But Barkely is not a guy you give the ball 20 times a game to control possession and draft him, especially with a poor offensive line, which means, essentially, committing to the same shotgun, 11 personnel approach that McAdoo loved. It also means that you're not going to establish a legit run game, the offensive line is still going to leave no time to get the ball down the field, and you're betting that Eli throwing the ball 40 times per game will be good enough to win.

Get used to this formation:

13 - 87 x-x-x-x-x-88 15

18-26

There's a ton of potential there if you can block, because 2 of 26, 88, 13, and 87 will have man-to-man coverage every play, but the Giants can't. On almost every play, Engram is going to have to chip and Saquon will be responsible for blitzers and edge rush support, so they won't be able to draw defenders quickly. As they have been for years the Giants will be dependent on quick-hitters and three-step drop maximums. I don't doubt Saquon's talent, but he fits very specific offenses. He doesn't move the needle for the Giants, because he doesn't allow them to do anything different, he's another piece of the same system that already doesn't work.

The giants would be smart to trade down, with Denver, draft Nelson, and go defense with whatever other picks they get. I heard speculation on three-way trade with Buffalo and Denver that would give NYG the 4th and 20-something pick. They'd be way better off going Nelson and, say, Davenport, and then grabbing Nick Chubb or whoever in the second round.

Vodka Drunkenski
04-19-2018, 11:46 AM
As a Cowboys fan, I really hope the Giants take Barkley. He won't make them better lol

Barkley is basically Reggie Bush, but they're going to use him like Le'Veon Bell because he's a good receiver. But Barkely is not a guy you give the ball 20 times a game to control possession and draft him, especially with a poor offensive line, which means, essentially, committing to the same shotgun, 11 personnel approach that McAdoo loved. It also means that you're not going to establish a legit run game, the offensive line is still going to leave no time to get the ball down the field, and you're betting that Eli throwing the ball 40 times per game will be good enough to win.

Get used to this formation:

13 - 87 x-x-x-x-x-88 15

18-26

There's a ton of potential there if you can block, because 2 of 26, 88, 13, and 87 will have man-to-man coverage every play, but the Giants can't. On almost every play, Engram is going to have to chip and Saquon will be responsible for blitzers and edge rush support, so they won't be able to draw defenders quickly. As they have been for years the Giants will be dependent on quick-hitters and three-step drop maximums. I don't doubt Saquon's talent, but he fits very specific offenses. He doesn't move the needle for the Giants, because he doesn't allow them to do anything different, he's another piece of the same system that already doesn't work.

The giants would be smart to trade down, with Denver, draft Nelson, and go defense with whatever other picks they get. I heard speculation on three-way trade with Buffalo and Denver that would give NYG the 4th and 20-something pick. They'd be way better off going Nelson and, say, Davenport, and then grabbing Nick Chubb or whoever in the second round.

That's pretty much how I feel. You're wasting the 2nd overall pick on Barkley. You either take a QB that you firmly believe in, if he's still there or you trade the pick. Your offensive line makes your running back, not the other way around.

Long live the King
04-19-2018, 12:46 PM
How is Barkley basically Reggie Bush?

Lt. Dan
04-19-2018, 01:08 PM

Mikes got a crystal ball :p

Parsley
04-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Drafting Nelson or Chubb does basically nothing for this team in the near term. Therefore, they are basically pissing Eli's final year(s) away. If they told Eli to take a hike and went with Webb this year then I could understand the gradual rebuild of the D and OL with top picks in the next year or two. But, they (atleast say they) believe Eli has something left in the tank.

I won't be happy with a trade down personally.

lefty9
04-19-2018, 01:59 PM
Being a jet can ,i dont want to see the giants making a trade with the bills,at least the way it is the jets have a better chance of getting one of the top two qb .

Future
04-19-2018, 02:42 PM
Their playing styles are almost exactly the same. Untouchable in space, good reciever, top-5 pick, but can't run between the tackles consistently and depend on a strong OL getting them to the second-level or one-on-one with space. PSU's oline wasn't particularly good, but Barkley hasn't shown any ability to run consistently against boxes. He had 10 games where he failed to run for 70 yards over his last two seasons. By comparison, Zeke had 2 games in his last 20 where he didn't get to 100 yards.

PSU knew that. That's why they always ran 10 and 11 personnel to keep the number of defenders in the box low. Decent breakdown:

A big reason as to why he saw so many light boxes was due to the fact that more than 81 percent of his runs came out of 10 or 11 personnel, as it forced defenses to be in nickel or dime. This isn’t to criticize Barkley or Penn State, because rushing out of 10 and 11 personnel should be the norm in both college and in the NFL. And to Barkley’s credit, he dominated teams out of 10 and 11 personnel, averaging an insane 6.2 yards per carry. But when he was asked to run out of any other type of personnel grouping, Barkley's yards per carry dropped all the way down to 3.01 yards per rush.

Due to the amount of time Barkley ran out of 10 and 11 personnel, he rarely faced loaded boxes at the collegiate level. Of his 151 charted runs, Barkley faced eight or more men in the box just six times, averaging two yards per carry. Even against seven-man fronts, Barkley averaged just 4.6 yards per carry on 41 carries, but those numbers are somewhat skewed due to one 65-yard run. Barkley lost yardage on nearly 22 percent of his runs when facing seven defenders in the box. His offensive line deserves quite a bit of the blame, but he isn’t faultless either, as he often bounced runs outside for losses that should have produced moderate gains. Running against loaded boxes just wasn’t something Barkley did well last season, and it’s fair to wonder if that will be a weakness of his entering the NFL. http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/02/14/pfw-nfl-draft-newsletter-sample-mosher-charts-the-top-rbs/a6fjmrs/#//

Guice, by comparison, averaged 6.75 ypc against 8-man boxes.

So Barkley would simply be another piece to add to what NYG already do. I'm not saying he won't be a good NFL player, I'm just saying that he won't make the Giants any better in the standings.

Lt. Dan
04-19-2018, 02:56 PM
Marshall released. Luls

Let the Dez rumors commence.

Future
04-19-2018, 03:29 PM
Marshall released. Luls

Let the Dez rumors commence.
If they sign Dez I might legitimately cry.

I love Dez. I hate that the Cowboys cut him for no good reason at all. I'll be sick if he signs with the Giants, who I absolutely fucking hate lollll

Lt. Dan
04-19-2018, 06:23 PM
If they sign Dez I might legitimately cry.

I love Dez. I hate that the Cowboys cut him for no good reason at all. I'll be sick if he signs with the Giants, who I absolutely fucking hate lollll

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/halofanon/images/6/6c/2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_through_you_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131107180644

rmc51
04-21-2018, 01:32 AM
Drafting Nelson or Chubb does basically nothing for this team in the near term. Therefore, they are basically pissing Eli's final year(s) away. If they told Eli to take a hike and went with Webb this year then I could understand the gradual rebuild of the D and OL with top picks in the next year or two. But, they (atleast say they) believe Eli has something left in the tank.

I won't be happy with a trade down personally.

Drafting Nelson is the best pick the Giants could make IF the goal is to field the best team for Eli's last year or two. He fills the most immediate need. I think that would be a mistake to use the #2 pick for that reason though. A trade down makes much more sense going that route.

Parsley
04-25-2018, 10:16 AM
1 more day!

Havenít been this excited about this team in years.

My thoughts are all over place with the eventual outcome. I still think it all comes down to whether Gettleman and Shurmur believe Eli with a better group around him has enough in the tank for 3-4 years. If so, you draft Barkley.

If Nick Foles can win a Super Bowl (with a well built supporting cast) a 2x Super Bowl MVP - Eli at age 37-40 should be able to do it as well.

If they think otherwise, you go QB at pick #2.

Vodka Drunkenski
04-25-2018, 10:39 AM
I still think they need to draft a QB. This decision would be a little easier if they actually played Webb last season instead of the Eli/Geno debacle. I don't think this team is close with Eli, their offensive line still needs work. Regardless, I haven't been this excited for a draft in yearssssssssssss. Can't wait for the NHL draft next.

Parsley
04-25-2018, 10:53 AM
Sadly, they need ALOT. If they go QB (and he sits as expected) theyíll have another ugly season. Probably 7-9 or worse IMO. I guess that can help them reload next draft and beyond.

Iíll accept any decision they make tomorrow, short term excitement would clearly be higher getting Barkley. Long term is a QB or trade down.

Lt. Dan
04-25-2018, 12:16 PM
I still think they need to draft a QB. This decision would be a little easier if they actually played Webb last season instead of the Eli/Geno debacle. I don't think this team is close with Eli, their offensive line still needs work. Regardless, I haven't been this excited for a draft in yearssssssssssss. Can't wait for the NHL draft next.

Still don't understand this. He should have taken some snaps last year. Especially with the team tanking as they were. Wish I knew what their approach to Webb and the QB position was.

Same about the draft. I'm totally pumped for it. Just one more dayyy

paddynyc
04-25-2018, 12:20 PM
If the Giants pick a QB and Sam Darnold is off the board who is their pick ?

Parsley
04-25-2018, 01:52 PM

I canít see anyone other than Darnold in blue.

Parsley
04-25-2018, 01:57 PM
I think Iíd be about equally happy snagging Darnold or Barkley at this point. Short term impacts would be completely different but they both seem like stand up guys.

Lt. Dan
04-25-2018, 02:27 PM

Most boards have Allen or Rosen after. I think a lot will have to do with whom the Browns select unless the Giants are dead set on who they want (which isnít exlusive to the QB position)

Future
04-25-2018, 03:37 PM
Either Rosen or Mayfield, who are the most NFL ready passers. Tbh, I think they're both more likely to go #1 than Darnold, but what do I know lol. I don't think the Giants have the balls to draft Allen at #2.

Not that anyone here cares, but I've got:

1 - Mayfield
2 - Rosen
3 - Allen (upside is higher than anyone)
4 - Darnold
5 - Jackson

But I really doubt NYG go QB at 2, because I think the organization still thinks they can win with Eli. Pick is almost certainly Barkely or Chubb, if they stay put.

paddynyc
04-25-2018, 03:49 PM
Either Rosen or Mayfield, who are the most NFL ready passers. Tbh, I think they're both more likely to go #1 than Darnold, but what do I know lol. I don't think the Giants have the balls to draft Allen at #2.

Not that anyone here cares, but I've got:

1 - Mayfield
2 - Rosen
3 - Allen (upside is higher than anyone)
4 - Darnold
5 - Jackson

But I really doubt NYG go QB at 2, because I think the organization still thinks they can win with Eli. Pick is almost certainly Barkely or Chubb, if they stay put.

If Darnold is available I can then see the Giants taking him if the Browns take Mayfield or Allen. As a Jets fan we'd be left with the crumbs on that table. The thing is the these QB's are not even the best players in the draft, so much for the best available player.

Future
04-25-2018, 03:52 PM
If Darnold is available I can then see the Giants taking him if the Browns take Mayfield or Allen. As a Jets fan we'd be left with the crumbs on that table. The thing is the these QB's are not even the best players in the draft, so much for the best available player.
Idk, I wouldn't consider Mayfield or Rosen "crumbs" lol, but I get your point.

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:26 AM
DRAFT DAY!!!!!!

Vodka Drunkenski
04-26-2018, 08:29 AM
Finally! Although I'll probably stop watching after the 5th pick, unless the Giants trade down.

Parsley
04-26-2018, 09:08 AM
Now Iím getting scared that theyíll make the wrong choice. lol. Even though right vs wrong wonít be known for years.

Amazing how much (may) hinge on Clevelandís 1st pick.

josh
04-26-2018, 09:52 AM
If Darnold is there, they will take him.

If not, I see them dropping back a few spots 8 or 12, while adding additional picks and a player.
They have way too many holes. 1 qb sitting on the bench for a few seasons isnt going to help them.

paddynyc
04-26-2018, 12:15 PM
DRAFT DAY!!!!!!

Finally an end to all the drama

Parsley
04-26-2018, 01:16 PM
Sounds like Cleveland may do something ďCleveland-likeĒ with the first pick. Lol. Lets see what they do.

Parsley
04-26-2018, 01:17 PM
I would love to trade Cleveland #2 for #4 and their first pick in the 2nd round or an early pick in 2019 draft.

Then they can grab 1-2 this year with no way of fucking up.

SaveByRichter35
04-26-2018, 07:09 PM
What time does this bitch kick off? 8pm?

Vodka Drunkenski
04-26-2018, 07:19 PM
A lot of reports saying Cleveland is taking Baker Mayfield with the 1st pick. I donít think anyone knows wtf is going to happen. All I know is that I will be pissed if the Giants pass on Darnold if heís there

Parsley
04-26-2018, 07:36 PM
8pm it starts.

If Cleveland picks mayfield I canít see the Giants passing on Darnold. Unless they trade that pick for a boatload.

Parsley
04-26-2018, 07:39 PM
Fuck. I want Barkley and a QB.....and a few millions dollars.

SaveByRichter35
04-26-2018, 07:39 PM
A lot of reports saying Cleveland is taking Baker Mayfield with the 1st pick. I don’t think anyone knows wtf is going to happen. All I know is that I will be pissed if the Giants pass on Darnold if he’s there

That would be amazing.

Parsley
04-26-2018, 07:48 PM
Oh shit. Rumor:
Broncos may want #2 for their #5+

Vodka Drunkenski
04-26-2018, 07:54 PM
Oh shit. Rumor:
Broncos may want #2 for their #5+

Then you select Chubb with that pick

Parsley
04-26-2018, 07:56 PM
Then you select Chubb with that pick

Chubb or Barkley. I could see CLE taking Chubb.

Now what would DEN give to move up?

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 07:56 PM
This is ridiculous LOL. It went from Darnold being a lock for weeks at #1 to baker mayfield now.

Start this shit show already! Iím excited!

Parsley
04-26-2018, 07:58 PM
Itís great. After a season of suffering some excitement is nice.

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Goodell getting wrecked. Lol.

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 08:08 PM
Goodell getting wrecked. Lol.

He always does.

Letís goooooooo

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:08 PM
Fuck. Letís go.

rmc51
04-26-2018, 08:10 PM
Barkley, please

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 08:14 PM
MAKE THE FUCKING PICK BROWNS

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:14 PM
Fucking Browns.

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 08:17 PM
Omg Mayfield LOL

Parsley
Wowww

Parsley
Mayfield CLE

Vodka Drunkenski
Darnold is there, take him!

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 08:18 PM
Darnold is there, take him!

Yea I canít disagree with this. Omg this is awesome hahah

Fucking Browns. I hope for their sake he isnít Manziel 2.0 in regards to maturity.

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:18 PM
basically the #1 pick for NY

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:19 PM
Wow

SaveByRichter35
04-26-2018, 08:20 PM
LOL Mayfield.

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:20 PM
Oh man. Oh man. Oh man.

Vodka Drunkenski
04-26-2018, 08:22 PM
Huge mistake not taking a QB here.

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:22 PM
Well. I love this kid. Iím happy.

BARKLEY!!!

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 08:23 PM
Jets are so taking Darnold

Parsley
Huge mistake not taking a QB here.

They believe in ELI and WEBB I guess.

rangers02
Barkley NYG! Let's GO! we got our Running Back!

SaveByRichter35
04-26-2018, 08:24 PM
They went Barkley. I'm not sure how I feel yet lol

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:24 PM
Webb can be atleast as good as a Nick Foles Iíd hope.

Vodka Drunkenski
04-26-2018, 08:25 PM
This draft will go down in history where the tides turned with the Jets and Giants

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 08:25 PM
Well. I love this kid. Iím happy.

BARKLEY!!!

Yea, Iím surprised they passed on Darnold but Iím pretty happy regardless.

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:30 PM
This draft will go down in history where the tides turned with the Jets and Giants

Hope not.

Vodka Drunkenski
04-26-2018, 08:32 PM
Letís hope Darnold becomes Sanchez

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:34 PM
Darnold doesnít look happy. lol.

SaveByRichter35
04-26-2018, 08:34 PM
Let’s hope Darnold becomes Sanchez

This

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 08:37 PM
Omg Browns hahahah how do you pass on Chubb

Parsley
Browns. Geez.

Lt. Dan
Darnold doesnít look happy. lol.

I LOLíed hard when he said couldnít be happier with that look on his face.

josh
04-26-2018, 08:39 PM
This is way too entertaining

SaveByRichter35
04-26-2018, 08:40 PM
Was not expecting that

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 08:41 PM
This is way too entertaining

Hell yeah

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:41 PM
I am so excited for the season. Again, Barkley seems like such a professional. Fans of others teams canít help but like the guy I bet.

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:44 PM
Chubb is a beast. Damn

josh
04-26-2018, 08:47 PM
Broncos lucked out. They wanted to trade up to two - I assumed for him, or Barkley

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 08:48 PM
Chubb is a beast. Damn

Yea, monster. Von Millerís got his pass rush partner. Was missing that since Ware retired.

Vodka Drunkenski
04-26-2018, 08:48 PM
Well at least we know Cleveland still sucks

Vodka Drunkenski
04-26-2018, 08:49 PM
Surprised Denver didnít go QB but Chubb is a fucking beast

SaveByRichter35
04-26-2018, 08:49 PM
Well at least we know Cleveland still sucks

:rofl:

Vodka Drunkenski
04-26-2018, 08:52 PM
Buffalo wanted to move up for a QB and it seems one might fall to them

Vodka Drunkenski
04-26-2018, 08:52 PM
Nevermind, Buffalo moves up with a trade

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:55 PM
Allen to Buffalo. Good fit.

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:56 PM
Cleveland looking dumber with each pick coming in.

Vodka Drunkenski
04-26-2018, 08:57 PM
Not sure why they moved up to select Allen, he wouldíve been there at 12

Parsley
04-26-2018, 08:59 PM
Not sure why they moved up to select Allen, he wouldíve been there at 12

Probably shit their pants after Jets landed
Darnold.

Vodka Drunkenski
04-26-2018, 09:00 PM
Probably shit their pants after Jets landed
Darnold.

Iím just glad all these QBís are going to the AFC

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 09:02 PM
Rosen continues to drop.

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 09:08 PM
Cardinals trade up to 10th pick

Parsley
04-26-2018, 09:10 PM
Iím just glad all these QBís are going to the AFC

Yeah. Looks like AZ trading up for Rosen?

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 09:41 PM
Wow. So many surprise picks

Lt. Dan
04-26-2018, 09:47 PM
Bills on the move to 16

Parsley
04-26-2018, 10:08 PM
Bills with some good picks

rmc51
04-26-2018, 10:25 PM
Barkley baby! Forget the QB pick out of a hat and hope not a bust... Barkley's legit. Easy pick. Great job Gettleman.

Parsley
04-26-2018, 11:56 PM
Set up well for the round 2 pick.
Hernandez perhaps.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928854/article/2018-nfl-draft-best-players-available

lefty9
04-27-2018, 10:29 AM
Jets are so taking Darnold
Thanks to the giants and Cleveland ,the jets pick up the number one qb in the draft

Vodka Drunkenski
04-27-2018, 11:01 AM
If you donít believe in Webb, maybe you grab Mason Randolph if heís still available in the 3rd round since they have 2 picks

Vodka Drunkenski
04-27-2018, 11:03 AM
Thanks to the giants and Cleveland ,the jets pick up the number one qb in the draft

Hopefully he doesnít turn out to be Sanchez or Leinhart

Future
04-27-2018, 11:14 AM
Set up well for the round 2 pick.
Hernandez perhaps.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928854/article/2018-nfl-draft-best-players-available

OL makes sense, but I think they're better off going DL or DB.

With Barkley, you're going S11 all the time, and that's kind of a waste in what Hernandez is good at. He's a short, thick power player, which is good in a power run game, but the Giants aren't going to use that enough to warrant that kind of pick. I think they'd be better off going with Harold Landry/Josh Jackson and then target Austin Corbett in the 3rd. Corbett is super athletic, long, and has a strong first strike, which makes him a really good fit for a quick-hitter offense.

As an aside, I find it hilarious that they're essentially doubling down on McAdoo's scheme of running S11 constantly after firing him.

paddynyc
04-27-2018, 11:35 AM
Hopefully he doesn’t turn out to be Sanchez or Leinhart

I hope not and it looks like the 2 NY teams got the exact guys they wanted. Barkley was by far the best player on the board

Parsley
04-27-2018, 12:09 PM
Hopefully both NY teams thrive. The Giants just a bit more ;)

lefty9
04-27-2018, 12:50 PM
Hopefully he doesnít turn out to be Sanchez or Leinhart
With the jets had luck anything could happen,but I am happy Donald fell on to their lap

Parsley
04-27-2018, 07:25 PM
Giants draft Hernandez. Big boy!

Lt. Dan
04-27-2018, 07:25 PM
Hernandez with the 34th pick. Keep rebuilding that OLine

Parsley
04-27-2018, 07:28 PM
They are going to patch some holes in tonightís draft. Good times ahead.

rangers02
04-27-2018, 08:54 PM
They are going to patch some holes in tonight’s draft. Good times ahead.

Completly agree. Starting to know that Gettleman is looking at what we need such as at the offensive guard and we fulfilled that in Round 2 by drafting Hernadez. He can really help with pass protection

Respecttheblue
04-27-2018, 09:55 PM
Hernandez with the 34th pick. Keep rebuilding that OLine

Good news. That OLine has been a problem for a while now.

Parsley
04-27-2018, 10:10 PM
Nice picks early in the 3rd too for the D.

Vodka Drunkenski
04-27-2018, 10:21 PM
A buddy of mine has a friend in the Mara family and he told him that the Giants believe that Webb is actually better than any of the QBís taken in this draft, had him workout and scored better than all QBís they saw. Take it for what itís worth

Parsley
04-27-2018, 10:43 PM
A buddy of mine has a friend in the Mara family and he told him that the Giants believe that Webb is actually better than any of the QBís taken in this draft, had him workout and scored better than all QBís they saw. Take it for what itís worth

At this point, to ease my own worries about the QB situation a few years down the road, thatís what I WANT to think. Again we donít need a Tom Brady to win a Super Bowl. Nick fucking Foles just led the Eagles to a championship. Itís all about building the team properly.

Parsley
04-28-2018, 01:51 PM
And they draft a QB in round 4. Lol. Ok.

Lt. Dan
04-28-2018, 02:03 PM
And they draft a QB in round 4. Lol. Ok.

Competition is good. Would be foolish to start the season with only 2 QBís. They just took another DT

Parsley
04-28-2018, 02:11 PM
Competition is good. Would be foolish to start the season with only 2 QBís. They just took another DT

True.

Parsley
04-28-2018, 02:11 PM
Itíll be a shame if they canít trade Flowers for a 6 or 7th round pick.

Lt. Dan
04-28-2018, 02:48 PM
Itíll be a shame if they canít trade Flowers for a 6 or 7th round pick.

Heís a bum. Iíd take either and run

rangers02
05-02-2018, 06:04 AM
Gettleman did a great job. By that, I mean that he looked our needs and turned that into a new defensive line, a brand spanking new offensive line led by Hernadez at Guard, and a fast backfield led by Stewart and Barkley. Not to mention that we have a two-time SB MVP veteran QB in Eli Manning (who has 2 or 3 years left). Next thing to do is to get rid of Flowers because so far, he has been missing voluntary OTA, so we don't know what NYG will do when it comes to his contract, or who's willing to get him

rangers02
05-02-2018, 06:41 AM
https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Article/Where-each-NFL-1st-round-draft-pick-was-ranked-in-final-247-Composite-coming-out-of-high-school-in-2019-mock-draft-117872785

Future
05-02-2018, 09:18 AM
Gettleman did a great job. By that, I mean that he looked our needs and turned that into a new defensive line, a brand spanking new offensive line led by Hernadez at Guard, and a fast backfield led by Stewart and Barkley. Not to mention that we have a two-time SB MVP veteran QB in Eli Manning (who has 2 or 3 years left). Next thing to do is to get rid of Flowers because so far, he has been missing voluntary OTA, so we don't know what NYG will do when it comes to his contract, or who's willing to get him
I will say that Gettleman has done a good job this offseason. Ogletree is one of the 5 or 6 best LBers in the game - that's a massive get. And the draft haul, even though it's not really the approach I would have taken, is a good one.

But let's pump the breaks a little. Solder is a solid but not great tackle and Hernandez can only play one position. They haven't done anything to really change the complexion of how the offense will function, and I don't see how they're going to get any consistent pass rush.

I actually think Lauleta was their best pick. That kid's going to be good.

paddynyc
05-25-2018, 08:31 AM
Giants fire members of equipment staff involved in Eli Manning memorabilia scandal

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-staff-involved-eli-manning-memorabilia-scandal-article-1.4008729

The club let go equipment director Joseph Skiba, his brother and assistant equipment manager Ed Skiba, and equipment/locker room manager Ed Wagner, Jr., a source told the Daily News Thursday night. ESPN first reported the firings.

Wagner had been employed by the Giants for more than 40 years. His father, Edward, also had been the franchise's equipment manager. And the Skibas each had been with the club since college.

Joe Skiba most notably was the recipient of a Manning email on April 27, 2010 — made public last spring — in which Manning asked for "2 helmets that can pass as game used."

rangers02
07-07-2018, 01:50 PM
I will say that Gettleman has done a good job this offseason. Ogletree is one of the 5 or 6 best LBers in the game - that's a massive get. And the draft haul, even though it's not really the approach I would have taken, is a good one.

But let's pump the breaks a little. Solder is a solid but not great tackle and Hernandez can only play one position. They haven't done anything to really change the complexion of how the offense will function, and I don't see how they're going to get any consistent pass rush.

I actually think Lauleta was their best pick. That kid's going to be good.The pass rush will be our biggest concern come next year, because of the lack of consistency (what you said)

Sent from my [device_name] using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

rangers02
07-30-2018, 04:23 PM
Today marks week #2 of Training camp. Right now, I am impressed at what is being seen in East Rutherford and we tried OBJ and Saquon on special teams in day 4. Come on G-men, let's take the NFC to task this year. It all depends on Eli staying healthy and our defense

Sent from my [device_name] using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

NYR2711
08-01-2018, 01:05 PM
If the O-line can get its shit together and make some room for Saquon, having weapons like him and OBJ will be great. It will make them a harder team to play against, not knowing which option they will go with. And as long as they aren't as predictable as the past couple of years on when they are going to run the ball.I think they could be a good team and be a playoff team as long as that O-Line can give Eli and Saquon time.

Lt. Dan
08-01-2018, 01:41 PM
If the O-line can get its shit together and make some room for Saquon, having weapons like him and OBJ will be great. It will make them a harder team to play against, not knowing which option they will go with. And as long as they aren't as predictable as the past couple of years on when they are going to run the ball.I think they could be a good team and be a playoff team as long as that O-Line can give Eli and Saquon time.

Just going by training camp reports, the one player who seems to be struggling the most on the OL, is you guessed it, Ereck Fucking Flowers. At least heís not covering Eliís blind side anymore.

NYR2711
08-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Just going by training camp reports, the one player who seems to be struggling the most on the OL, is you guessed it, Ereck Fucking Flowers. At least he’s not covering Eli’s blind side anymore.

I hate that they still have him, yet they let Pugh go. I don’t get why Flowers gets so many chances, he is terrible.

Lt. Dan
08-01-2018, 10:25 PM
I hate that they still have him, yet they let Pugh go. I donít get why Flowers gets so many chances, he is terrible.

Word during the draft was that they tried to trade him for picks and found no takers. They didnít want to pay Pugh what he was looking for. Not with the contracts they have coming.

But yea, Iím with ya. Iím sick of hearing his name let alone watching his disastrous play. Dudes a total bust.

Future
08-02-2018, 09:52 AM
I hate that they still have him, yet they let Pugh go. I don’t get why Flowers gets so many chances, he is terrible.
I, personally, love it, because Demarcus Lawrence is going to wreck his shit lol.

I don't understand how he's still penciled in to be a starter though. There are bad tackles all over hte place, I don't get how they don't at least try someone else.

Future
08-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Today marks week #2 of Training camp. Right now, I am impressed at what is being seen in East Rutherford and we tried OBJ and Saquon on special teams in day 4. Come on G-men, let's take the NFC to task this year. It all depends on Eli staying healthy and our defense

Did they already forget Jason Sehorn?

NYR2711
08-02-2018, 12:10 PM
I, personally, love it, because Demarcus Lawrence is going to wreck his shit lol.

I don't understand how he's still penciled in to be a starter though. There are bad tackles all over hte place, I don't get how they don't at least try someone else.

Yeah, I don't get how he is a starter either. I guess maybe they are trying to show him for a trade. Honestly, I wouldn't care if they cut him and lost hime for nothing. Him not being on this team would make them a better team.

SaveByRichter35
08-06-2018, 02:45 PM
Did they already forget Jason Sehorn?

Fuck that was awful. I hope they put the kabosh on that real quick.

rangers02
08-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Before heading into the preseason game against CLE, the Giants started a new formation @ yesterday's practice that had two TE's in motion while shifting OBJ to the right side and Eli handing the ball off to saquon. I want to see teams beat THAT formation this season

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/ContentGallery/New-York-Giants-Training-Camp-Offense-Shows-New-looks-prior-to-preseason-120474162/?

https://twitter.com/DanSchneierNFL/status/1026910844020563970?

Parsley
08-08-2018, 05:27 PM
Very excited to watch things unfold.

Vodka Drunkenski
08-08-2018, 07:21 PM
The line still scares the shit out of me

Parsley
08-08-2018, 07:49 PM

True. Iím trying to be positive, til Iím disappointed.

Lt. Dan
08-09-2018, 08:31 PM
Davis Webb has a lot of work to do

Parsley
08-10-2018, 07:44 AM
Webb looked awful. Didnít help he was playing with lots of non first stringers but his throws were ugly in general.

Otherwise, run D was good. Rest of the D not so much.

Hard to judge starting O with no OBJ and limited Barkley. Eli didnít look any better in his first outing.

Mayfield looks great. :/

4EverRangerFrank
08-10-2018, 09:37 AM
Kinda wish the season started and ended with that first play. :slats:

Vodka Drunkenski
08-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Webb looked awful. Didnít help he was playing with lots of non first stringers but his throws were ugly in general.

Otherwise, run D was good. Rest of the D not so much.

Hard to judge starting O with no OBJ and limited Barkley. Eli didnít look any better in his first outing.

Mayfield looks great. :/

Not going to judge Webb on this game, would like to see more of him with some legit starters however

Bieser
08-10-2018, 11:38 AM

Still wish we took Laremy Tunsil instead of Apple. But I understand. He smoked pot, unlike the rest of the draft.

Vodka Drunkenski
08-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Lol repped

H-Dreamer
08-26-2018, 05:37 PM
So Giants traded C Brett Jones to the Vikings.
How good is he? We sure need all the help we can get on O-Line, so would like him to be that.

rangers02
09-03-2018, 12:06 AM
I'm confused about this. Maybe because we didn't evaluate him during last season since the old Regime decided to start Geno Smith over him against OAK in week 13 last year. This is among several questionable moves especially Darlan Thompson being waived

http://https://www.giants.com/news/giants-waive-qb-davis-webb-announce-practice-squad-among-roster-moves

Worle Ranger
09-03-2018, 07:34 PM
Itís not that questionable. Heís gone unclaimed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lt. Dan
09-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Davis Webb signed to Jets practice squad luls

rangers02
09-04-2018, 09:09 PM
NYG need to make a pitch effort to get John Wolford who was then released from the Jets. Webb never proved to me and most Giants fans that he can be the heir apparent. There were even players on the Giants that did not agree with this decision such as Engram, OBJ, Rhett Ellison, etc. Webb has said it was a poor decision but has said he has moved on from this decision. I hope he can pan out with the Jets

Parsley
09-09-2018, 10:28 AM
Gameday!

Will it be BOOM or BUST?

Vodka Drunkenski
09-09-2018, 10:43 AM
Iíll guess they will follow their recent trend and bust. Shouldíve taken Darnold

Vodka Drunkenski
09-09-2018, 01:16 PM
First offensive play and Flowers gets a flag for tripping lmao

Vodka Drunkenski
09-09-2018, 01:16 PM
3rd offensive play, Flowers gets a flag for holding after a big play to get a first down.

SaveByRichter35
09-09-2018, 01:17 PM
I wish they would just cut him. He is fucking garbage.

Parsley
09-09-2018, 01:51 PM
Jags are a good team. I forget that.

Parsley
09-09-2018, 03:26 PM
In the game vs. a very good team but man has the OL been awful. Itís a weakness but it has been extra bad.

Vodka Drunkenski
09-09-2018, 03:36 PM
Same story, like Barkley but passing on Darnold will go down as one of the biggest mistakes imo. Time will tell

NYR2711
09-09-2018, 03:37 PM
How is Flowers still in this game. I don’t get it, they had no issues just cutting Webb but they won’t just cut Flowers. He is terrible.

Vodka Drunkenski
09-09-2018, 03:38 PM
And just like that Barkley takes it to the house for a 61 yard TD run.

NYR2711
09-09-2018, 03:39 PM
What a run by Barkley. Just think how many more he would have with a line that can make holes for him.

NYR2711
09-09-2018, 04:06 PM
What a shitvway to lose this game. That offensive line needs a lot of work.

Parsley
09-09-2018, 04:15 PM
New season, same heartbreak and idiotic game breaking mess
Ups.

Parsley
09-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Not that impressed by Shurmur in game 1. Some questionable play calls at important times. Oline is trash. Eli HAS TO find a way to get in the end zone with his arm. He had plenty of chances to do so.

Vodka Drunkenski
09-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Iím hoping itís week 1 rust but we all know how this story ends

Parsley
09-09-2018, 04:23 PM
Iím hoping itís week 1 rust but we all know how this story ends

I have no faith in this team any given week until they can show a way to win games like this. Theyíve been failing at it since coughlinís final season coaching.

Parsley
09-09-2018, 04:25 PM
Iím no ELI basher and Iím fine with him as QB and I know the OL blows but he has to find a way to get a TD (With his arm) in that 2nd half.

rangers02
09-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Eli needs to find wide receivers to get TDs in later weeks and why is Flowers still on our Team!?!

Parsley
09-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Eli needs to find wide receivers to get TDs in later weeks and why is Flowers still on our Team!?!

Shurmur needs to cut his ass like he did a few guys last week. Make a statement.

Iím glad Barkley had that big run or Iím sure heíd be getting ripped postgame. OBJ was great too. 100+ yards for both those guys get they canít score more than 15 points. Ugh.

Parsley
09-09-2018, 04:38 PM
Honestly, looking to the future if then can fix the OL (more) this off-season keep the young nucleus of WRs AND RBs I think whatever QB steps in down the road may not have major growing pains. Perhaps itís not a rookie. Who knows?

Hopefully the franchise has a plan post ELI. Much like I hope the rangers do post Henrik.

rangers02
09-09-2018, 04:42 PM
CUT FLOWERS!!!!!!!

rangers02
09-09-2018, 04:54 PM
Honestly, looking to the future if they can fix the OL (more) this off-season keep the young nucleus of WRs AND RBs I think whatever QB steps in down the road may not have major growing pains. Perhaps it’s not a rookie. Who knows?

Hopefully, the franchise has a plan post-ELI. Much like I hope the Rangers do post Henrik.

Getting a QB will be a key to replacing Eli when his career will be done in the next two years. And whoever will replace Eli has a line that will not cause him pains and could give us the better chance of victory because the O-line still is trash even with the moves we made in the offseason. Tough loss today, but we will remain competitive for the majority of the season even if we don't make the playoffs this season. Big improvements STILL needs to be made.

NYR2711
09-09-2018, 05:51 PM
I can’t fault Eli on this one. There were too many dropped catchable balls. The OL needs to give him some time, same for Barkley. Flowers is just awful, he shouldn’t be making these mistakes at this point of his career.

rmc51
09-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Flowers ruined the entire game. Killed the entire first drive of the game and put us in a terrible spot field position wise. Terrific way to start the season. Then he got beat terribly on the pick six play which is why it was a pick six. Got beaten terribly on the 4th & 6 on the last drive of the game.

Yes, there were a few drops that should have been catches, but on any important play of the game it was Flowers who stuck out like a sore thumb. They had to babysit his side of the line almost all game with an extra blocker. The guy should be nowhere near an NFL roster. He's slow and gets beaten on edge rushes all game long. His footwork is terrible. He could possibly play at Guard, but he is incapable of playing Tackle.

Lt. Dan
09-09-2018, 10:18 PM
CUT FLOWERS!!!!!!!

This forever.

Not getting more depth at RT was a big mistake.

Vodka Drunkenski
09-10-2018, 08:38 AM
On the bright side, Dak Prescott is garbage

lefty9
09-10-2018, 10:07 AM
I am definitely putting some blame on Eli ,he missed a wide open receiver in the end zone for a td,big time gb don't miss those opportunities

rangers02
09-10-2018, 04:25 PM
Flowers ruined the entire game. Killed the entire first drive of the game and put us in a terrible spot field position wise. The terrific way to start the season. Then he got beat terribly on the pick six play which is why it was a pick six. Got beaten terribly on the 4th & 6 on the last drive of the game.

Yes, there were a few drops that should have been caught, but on any important play of the game, it was Flowers who stuck out like a sore thumb. They had to babysit his side of the line almost all game with an extra blocker. The guy should be nowhere near an NFL roster. He's slow and gets beaten on edge rushes all game long. His footwork is terrible. He could possibly play at Guard, but he is incapable of playing Tackle.

Not to mention he got called with a holding penalty that negated a 40-yard pass to Engram which would've put us close to Field Goal range, maybe a touchdown considering the way Barkley was running. And you're right because Ereck "Safety Cone" Flowers was taken to school by McCray, who also sacked Eli while taking advantage of flowers. And Flowers said, "I've Got to get Better." You're right, at being a safety cone. He doesn't move!

rangers02
09-10-2018, 04:29 PM
This forever.

That has always been our weak point since we had Jerry Reese's pieces. And they only started him because we had nobody better than him to put at RT. I am very disappointed at what Gettleman DIDN'T do

Worle Ranger
09-11-2018, 04:18 AM
That has always been our weak point since we had Jerry Reese's pieces. And they only started him because we had nobody better than him to put at RT. I am very disappointed at what Gettleman DIDN'T do

Would expect to see some RT tryouts today. Hopefully Flowersí replacement can be procured there.

rangers02
09-11-2018, 04:37 PM
Would expect to see some RT tryouts today. Hopefully, Flowers’ replacement can be procured there.

I hope so

Lt. Dan
09-11-2018, 05:00 PM

Replacing that scrub should have been a priority in the off season. I really donít understand why they keep trying to make it work year after year. Dude doesnít have it.

rangers02
09-11-2018, 06:55 PM
And this is (supposedly) the last year on his deal. I want Flowers gone after that performance (which is a reinforcement of last year) but they STILL have him because we never got an RT in free agency or by the Draft. Flowers hasn't shown me anything special since we drafted him. I'll say it again CUT HIM NOW!!!
:mad::banghead::curse:

rangers02
09-16-2018, 08:27 AM
This is a big game tonight. Giants are facing the Cowboys in what has been known as one of the greatest rivalries in the NFL. NYG needs to not make the same mistakes they did last week against JAX. They need to create better holes for Barkley similar to his big TD run last week and give Eli time to pass because that pick was not his fault (OK, maybe it was). It was that pylon known as Ereck Flowers who shot the team in the foot last week for every toe we had

rangers02
09-16-2018, 08:32 AM
Defensive Side of the Ball: Make sure they silence Zeke because he is the only focal point of the DAL offense since Dak has turned into his form last year instead of what he was two years ago when they went 13-3. Then, get as much pressure on Dak as possible. Always be sure that he stays inside the pocket and if you get enough pressure, he is prone to throwing the INT. Get in the lead early, DAL always likes to play from ahead. Control the game, and control the Time of possession tonight to go 1-1 to head to HOU on the right note.

rangers02
09-16-2018, 08:32 AM
This forever.

Repped. Lol

Parsley
09-16-2018, 01:17 PM
I canít handle this team starting another season 0-2.

Lose tonight and Iíll probably lose my shit.

Parsley
09-16-2018, 10:39 PM
Worse than last year.

WOW.

Bring on hockey so I can watch the Rangers lose....I guess.

rangers02
09-16-2018, 11:10 PM
Blatant Pass interference! WTF?

rangers02
09-16-2018, 11:10 PM
We still have a chance, 20-13 DAL

rangers02
09-16-2018, 11:12 PM
Nope, we are 0-2! Another Tough loss but screw Dallas

Parsley
09-16-2018, 11:14 PM
Fuck.

Vodka Drunkenski
09-23-2018, 03:54 PM
Ugh Giants win, was hoping for a 0-16 season and 1st overall. Also, both my teams out in survivor pool, New Orleans in week 1 and today with Minnesota losing to the fucking Buffalo Bills

rangers02
09-23-2018, 09:09 PM
They couldn't stop Josh Allen all game

Parsley
09-23-2018, 10:23 PM
A win feels good.

SaveByRichter35
09-24-2018, 11:11 AM
Amazing what happens when Flowers doesn't play.

Vodka Drunkenski
09-24-2018, 11:57 AM
They should just cut him already

Parsley
09-24-2018, 12:17 PM
Texans blow. If they can beat Brees and the Saints next week then itís worth having some hope.

SaveByRichter35
09-24-2018, 12:18 PM
They should just cut him already

Indeed

rangers02
09-24-2018, 08:15 PM
Amazing what happens when Flowers doesn't play.

That's what happens when you ACTUALLY give Eli a line

rangers02
09-24-2018, 08:16 PM
Indeed

We shouldn't even have drafted Flowers in the first place. WHY did we draft him over Todd Gurley?

rangers02
09-30-2018, 10:32 PM
Another disappointing Loss, 33-18 to NO! Changes need to be made, New York

Vodka Drunkenski
09-30-2018, 10:34 PM
No changes, keep sucking for a QB. This was obviously the plan all along, Grab Barkley and get the QB next draft.

Parsley
09-30-2018, 11:39 PM
Their upcoming schedule is brutal. They wonít win more than 2 of their next 7.

So probably 3-10 at best by that point.

NYR2711
10-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Can’t fault Eli. The ball is there, guys are dropping it or just aren’t getting anywhere once they have the ball.

Vodka Drunkenski
10-03-2018, 09:40 AM
Their upcoming schedule is brutal. They wonít win more than 2 of their next 7.

So probably 3-10 at best by that point.

Lose lose lose

This team isnít good enough, get another high pick, get a QB. Letís talk in 3 years

lefty9
10-03-2018, 09:53 AM
how many games has it been this potent offense hasn't hit the 30point mark,sure am
Glad I didn't pick OBJ with my first pick in fantasy draft

Future
10-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Lose lose lose

This team isn’t good enough, get another high pick, get a QB. Let’s talk in 3 years

The shitty thing is that this is going to work out for them, because none of the other teams who pick in the top 5 are going to draft a quarterback.

At the end of the day, they might have to move up from, say, 4 to 1 to make sure they get their guy, but that'll be a much smaller cost than what it was for the Eagles or Bills.

Vodka Drunkenski
10-07-2018, 03:04 PM
Why isnít that a Beckham TD? He clearly had control of the ball when he caught it, crossed the plain. Whatís the difference when someone dives over the line and loses control of the ball

AliveIn94
10-07-2018, 04:26 PM
Backbreaker for Giants, 63 yd game sealing field goal for Gano, wow.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=92212)

Parsley
10-07-2018, 04:36 PM
losers gonna lose.

Oh well, better draft pick.

rangers02
10-07-2018, 05:01 PM
losers gonna lose.

Oh well, better draft pick.

Refs gonna ref. Awful officiating to negate that performance from the Giants! :banghead:

Parsley
10-07-2018, 06:10 PM
Sure refs sucked but the team fucked up plenty on their own today. Maybe theyíll come out with a fire under their ass for 60 minutes vs. the Eagles Thursday.

Doubt it.

Lt. Dan
10-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Crushing loss but happy to see the team play with some balls. That goes for the coaches too. Had enough with just feeding Barkley and passing it for 20 yards each time.

Onto the next

rangers02
10-07-2018, 07:35 PM
Crushing loss but happy to see the team play with some balls. That goes for the coaches too. Had enough with just feeding Barkley and passing it for 20 yards each time.

Onto the next

This game showed promising futures for this team as we will be ready for Philly as I am glad to see their fans squirm after the Vikings got payback for last! Who pissed off MIN? As for us, we played with great hearts today but we got robbed from Incompetent officiating! McCaffery did not get that first down! :banghead:

Parsley
10-07-2018, 09:49 PM
While it may only help for one week Iím now hoping this gets them amped up for a division rival. Shurmur sounded pissed about the refs, OBJ comments and everything else in the world in his postgame. Good.

fletch
10-07-2018, 09:57 PM
brutal 63 yarder. division sucks right now so in play for everyone

NYR2711
10-07-2018, 10:46 PM
There was a roughing the passer call for hitting Newton as he threw the ball that was abullshit and gave them a first down twords the end of the game and the hitting a defenseless receiver call when the Giants player dove and knocked the ball away were two of the main calls that killed them today. Carolina scores on the defenseless receiver call, when the ball should have been a Giants ball. And then the fact that they didn’t even measure for that first down was a joke. NFL is becoming unwatchable.

Lt. Dan
10-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Flowers will be released if they canít trade him.... FINALLY

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1049388373759197186?s=20

rangers02
10-08-2018, 05:00 PM
Flowers will be released if they can’t trade him... FINALLY

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1049388373759197186?s=20

We will release him at 4 PM tomorrow if we don't find any partners. I'm sure the Raiders would trade for him lol

rangers02
10-08-2018, 05:06 PM
And wheeler should the replacement for flowers as we saw earlier in the season when Ereck Flowers was nothing more than a parking cone (like he was when he was drafted over Todd Gurley, don't forget about that)

rangers02
10-08-2018, 05:06 PM
This is how I feel right now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb_g4jkPqUw

Slobberknocker
10-09-2018, 10:56 AM
told my buddy. for a team with 4 lombardi's in the case, i dont know of another franchise that suffered more crushing losses.

the fumble
flipper anderson
the meltdown in san fran
vai sikahema game
knocked out by the jets in 87?
emmit smith separated shoulder o.t. loss
punt return against the eagles
this past weekend.

oh and the greatest game ever played.

probably a few more.

AliveIn94
10-09-2018, 11:40 AM
The Jets have done worse, trust me.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=92212)

rangers02
10-09-2018, 02:32 PM
The Jets have done worse, trust me.

I'm sure of it

fletch
10-09-2018, 03:21 PM
Must win this week against the Eagles this week... Washington isn't going to win the division. Gets more interesting if the Giants and Eagles are sitting at 2-4. Dallas gets Jacksonville this week which isn't a gimme win either.

rangers02
10-11-2018, 07:39 PM
Must win this week against the Eagles this week... Washington isn't going to win the division. Gets more interesting if the Giants and Eagles are sitting at 2-4. Dallas gets Jacksonville this week which isn't a gimme win either.We need to win tonight! Go Giants!

Vodka Drunkenski
10-11-2018, 07:53 PM
Must lose, higher pick and get a QB

Vodka Drunkenski
10-11-2018, 08:30 PM
Eli pick, Wentz TD

Lol

Lt. Dan
10-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Eli pick, Wentz TD

Lol

You think they bench Eli and play Lauletta at some point this season? I think they do..

Vodka Drunkenski
10-11-2018, 09:06 PM
You think they bench Eli and play Lauletta at some point this season? I think they do..

Yes, they wonít be dumb enough not to see what they have this time before the draft

Lt. Dan
10-11-2018, 09:20 PM
Yes, they won’t be dumb enough not to see what they have this time before the draft

I hope you're right. That was the logical thing to do LAST year too and well, you know how that went.

Vodka Drunkenski
10-11-2018, 10:05 PM
They shouldíve traded Beckham

Parsley
10-11-2018, 10:08 PM
RIP.

Lt. Dan
10-11-2018, 10:16 PM
They shouldíve traded Beckham

For what? For who?

Parsley
10-11-2018, 10:52 PM
Get/Find the future QB in the next 1-2 years and there is hope.

Barkley is the new FACE and HEART of the franchise.

rangers02
10-11-2018, 11:37 PM
RIP.

:(

rangers02
10-11-2018, 11:41 PM
Get/Find the future QB in the next 1-2 years and there is hope.

Barkley is the new FACE and HEART of the franchise.

By what we have seen tonight from Barkley, he will be a force to be wrecking with as his career progresses. On the other hand, we might need to start Lauletta to see what we have at QB. Either he's got it or he doesn't. If he doesn't and if this season is lost (it is after tonight), we might be able to draft a QB in 2019. There's nowhere to go but up at this point.

Parsley
10-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Yup. Time to look ahead to 2019. This team wasnít going anywhere this year from the start. All these 6 games have shown is ELI is toast and there are multiple other holes that need repair still. Much like the Rangers it will take several years to be true contenders again.

Vodka Drunkenski
10-12-2018, 07:19 AM
For what? For who?

1st and 2nd rounder. Two 1st would be ideal but I donít think they would get that. Great talent but heís a cancer

Parsley
10-12-2018, 07:40 AM
Hopefully they go the Rangers route and go full sell/cut route. Not as easy in the NFL but time to purge.

Slobberknocker
10-12-2018, 11:37 AM
I would have considered a trade for obj as well. i would have seen if i could have gotten two high no 1's this year, meaning ours (barkley) and another top 10 for a potential QB.

i give Gettlemen credit. we have 5 new starters on the O line and he finally did the right thing and got rid of flowers. problem is your looking at two draft classes with virtually no one still on the active roster. we had a good draft this year however and the turn around time in the NFL can be pretty quick with good drafting and some good FA moves.

I love Manning but hate to say that he might be a bit gun shy at this point in his career having taking the beating he has the past few years.