• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Andersson, Chytil Could Join Rangers Soon

With 10 games remaining on the schedule beginning tonight against the Blue Jackets at Madison Square Garden, coach Alain Vigneault said discussions have begun on recalling 2017 first-round picks Lias Andersson and Filip Chytil, both of whom are playing in Hartford of the American Hockey League.

Both Andersson, 19, and Chytil, 18, can play up to nine games with the club this season before the first year of their entry-level contracts kick in.

Andersson still has nine games remaining, while Chytil has seven after he dressed for the first two games of the season in October before being assigned to Hartford.

"We're slowing working on the two young kids, Lias and Filip," Vigneault said. "I would say there's a very good chance that we're going to both of those kids up here real soon."

Is there a chance Andersson is recalled for Thursday's game?

"Yes," Vigneault said.

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/andersson-chytil-could-join-rangers-soon/c-297122158

Well it was never going to happen until a couple of games from now.

Gorton flat out said he wasn't going to burn their ELCs

Of course but the team really wasn't worth watching pre or post deadline. Pionk and Georgiev being the only new players with a shot next year. It'll be good to see some actual talent and promise.

Of course but the team really wasn't worth watching pre or post deadline. Pionk and Georgiev being the only new players with a shot next year. It'll be good to see some actual talent and promise.

Of course BUT it made little sense to burn a year off their ELC especially during a bad year.

Looking forward to tomorrow night's game to see Andersson in action, but I am worried how AV will use him or rather how much ice time he'll get. I hope for anywhere between 12-15 minutes worth of ice time would that seem about right ? Fast got 14:58 last night, McLeod 5:50 and Carey got 8:58.

Where will they fit in I wonder, and who will be reallocated elsewhere.

I like Hayes and Fast together

and Kreider and Zibanejad look good together

Hope Anderson does not have to waste his time on 4th line minutes, and ditto for Chytil.

Of course but the team really wasn't worth watching pre or post deadline.

Technically, with the pressure off, no, (and some player or players I still wonder, can they play with heavy pressure, but I'll keep the name-thoughts to myself as it's just a PITA mosquito of a doubt right now).

But aside from that, I've been pleased to see the stepping up of Kreider, (who gets no blame from me for the team's pre-deadline death spiral)

and Hayes.

I've been glad to see Namestnikov and Pionk play.

But more than anything I'm glad to see this team regain some spirit and mojo, and look more like a team that hustles, creates and cares.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/21/this-skinny-chris-kreider-is-even-more-indispensable-to-rangers/

As suspected, the Rangers did not promote Lias Andersson from the Wolf Pack for Thursday’s game. The intent apparently is to summon both Andersson and Filip Chytil for Monday night’s Garden match against the Caps and have them each play the final seven games.

As suspected, the Rangers did not promote Lias Andersson from the Wolf Pack for Thursday’s game. The intent apparently is to summon both Andersson and Filip Chytil for Monday night’s Garden match against the Caps and have them each play the final seven games.

Nice. Good to see them being brought up together. If Hartford was winning and playoff bound, I'd almost prefer they stay there. However, the wheels have come off the Pack and it is a good time for them to join their future. The environment in NY is far better than it was a few weeks ago.

Archived