• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Losing Interest

thecurse0101

Has anyone else found themselves losing interest in this team the last season or 2? I used to be glued to the TV every game start to finish and now I find myself tuning in for 10-15 minutes and doing something else only to check the score on my phone every once in a while. I turned the game off after we went down by 2 last night because I knew how it was going to go.

The team is predictable, lacks excitement and passion, and is straight up boring to watch.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah. This team is pretty fun to watch when they are skating.

As we get older, we do have priorities that take more time, effort, etc, and there are times when you cant get to the game or need to use that time for other things (sleeping, drinking, taking the dog out). That happens.

Honestly, take a break from the online shit. All you see online is negative this, fire him, he sucks, hes paid too much, send him down, play him more, etc etc. It can make it hard to separate the enjoyment of the game versus the social media stigma of the team. Facebook, forums, twitter, etc

Agree with the OP. Didn't miss a single game a couple of seasons ago, but last year, I started to skip a few.

This year...I'm lucky to watch one in its entirety. Don't think it has anything to do with priorities or anything. This team fucking sucks and isn't fun to watch.

Edit - except, as josh states, when they're actually skating, which seems to be an extremely rare scenario these days.

Lose interest? No. I?m a sports nut through and through so I?ll go down with my teams.

That doesn?t stop me from bitching or getting angry when I see them go down the shitter, but that?s part of being a fan to me.

As frustrated as I am with the current state of this team, I?m hoping this pushes management towards real change. Because let?s face it, this roster as is has gone as far as they can go. I?m just hoping Gorton has a plan that doesn?t involve plugs or stop gaps anymore.

Obviously, I don?t expect a complete rebuild. But the team is in a unique position to really make some significant changes with their UFA/RFAs etc.

I will never completely lose interest but this team is very boring to watch most of the time ,I feel they know their time together is coming to an end and it shows in their inconsistent play.Plus Av doesn't do much to help sometimes with his line combos.I don't want to watch if Buch is playing 8 mins a game on 4th line and I don't wanna see Mcleod in instead of Lettieri,no offense to Mcleod.

Nope, you're not alone. I could chalk it up to familial obligations, but the fact of the matter is this team is boring. It's listless, clinical, AV hockey. I regularly space out during games and find myself fucking around on my phone only to look up and realize ten minutes has passed (and nothing has happened).

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I am not as focused as I once was. I attribute it to social media, and electronics. I don't have the attention span to sit and watch a game for 2 1/2 hours anymore. I'll start to watch, then I'll grab my phone, then i'll go on my laptop, now the game is on just in the background as I am on facebook, checking twitter, etc....

WCF preview last night in VGK/WPG. Vegas came out on top.

Vegas is such an awesome story; I'd root for them solely for that.

meant to tell my friend to take the over in that game. Glad I forgot to.

I should start gambling on this crap though. Every time I tell friends with bookies they should bet something they end up making money!

I'm more entertained by the drama and possibility of a firesale/rebuild than the actual games.

Ha, yeah. I can't wait for the chips to start falling where they may.

meant to tell my friend to take the over in that game. Glad I forgot to.

I should start gambling on this crap though. Every time I tell friends with bookies they should bet something they end up making money!

Ha!

I'm the opposite. A friend of mine has a draft kings account and does fantasy NBA, but he sometimes asks me to pick NHL rosters. I suck at that shit. We never place.

Archived