PDA

View Full Version : MLB: Yankees Reduced to Tears as Little Girl is Struck in the Face by Foul Ball

Phil in Absentia
09-20-2017, 05:35 PM

Tweet link: https://twitter.com/JordanHeckFF/status/910589961929396224

--

A young fan is “doing OK” after the fan was hit in the face by a foul ball during the fifth inning of an 11-3 Yankees win over the Twins on Wednesday in The Bronx.

Joe Girardi gave the positive update after the game, saying he had heard from Stadium security.

The game was delayed for nearly four minutes after a Todd Frazier line drive drilled the female fan in the stands just beyond the third-base dugout. The fan was carried from the stands and then taken to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, according to a source.

Frazier immediately put his hand to his mouth and went to one knee and other players were visibly shaken by the injury, with Frazier bent down on one knee for much of the stoppage and Matt Holliday, at second base, teary-eyed with the Yankees leading the game, 9-3.

In a statement released by the team, the Yankees said “the child who was struck with a batted ball today was given first aid at the ballpark and is receiving medical attention at an area hospital” and declined further comment, citing HIPAA laws.

It’s not the first time this season a spectator has been injured at Yankee Stadium this season.

An Aaron Judge foul ball hit a male fan in July, causing him to need medical attention and in May, a young boy was hit in the head by a Chris Carter broken bat and left bloodied and a source said the team would continue to look into installing extra netting.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/20/yankees-reduced-to-tears-after-kid-struck-by-foul-ball/

josh
09-20-2017, 06:01 PM
video isnt working.

I went to a few baseballs games over the summer, wifes work has front row seats right behind the 3rd base dugout. scary as hell. no reaction time.

when i was a kid, we had 2nd row seats for AHL... some thing, pucks flying over non stop. Thank God for the bald guy with a mustache in front of me. Saved me several times a season.

SaveByRichter35
09-21-2017, 01:12 PM
Ugh, that's awful.

sg3
09-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Why haven't the Yankees installed the additional netting down the lines as many other teams have?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Rangers4Life
09-21-2017, 03:55 PM
Why hasn't the league made it mandatory, is the question.