• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie

NYRangers92

I kinda of disagree with that Parsley - I found them to be on a slight downward move in the last decade. By The Way was a real hit or miss album (I loved it, but it was WILDLY different), and Stadium Arcadium was their worst album ever IMO. Beyond Dani California and perhaps one or two of the crooner songs like Desecration Smile or Wet Sand, it was pretty awful.

I've got high hopes for the new record, but I'm not going to let myself get too excited - especially after Incubus blindsided me with "If Not Now, When?" (clarify - unexpected, but not bad at all).

I kinda of disagree with that Parsley - I found them to be on a slight downward move in the last decade. By The Way was a real hit or miss album (I loved it, but it was WILDLY different), and Stadium Arcadium was their worst album ever IMO. Beyond Dani California and perhaps one or two of the crooner songs like Desecration Smile or Wet Sand, it was pretty awful.

I've got high hopes for the new record, but I'm not going to let myself get too excited - especially after Incubus blindsided me with "If Not Now, When?" (clarify - unexpected, but not bad at all).

I see why we disagree. I was not a RHCP fan back in the 80s and 90s. I don't even consider myself a real "fan" of theirs today. I could see how you and other real fans don't like the past 10 years of RHCP as much. Funny how that is.

The few songs I've heard off Incubus' new album are garbage. I'm sick of Adolescents already and this one other song thats getting airtime and so good either

It's a MASSIVE departure from their other stuff. The new album is clearly designed to show off a completely different side of the band and Brandon Boyd's incredible voice. More ambient music than anything.

I see why we disagree. I was not a RHCP fan back in the 80s and 90s. I don't even consider myself a real "fan" of theirs today. I could see how you and other real fans don't like the past 10 years of RHCP as much. Funny how that is.

I never said I didn't like it...it was just too different. Stadium Arcadium was so obviously suckling on the cash teat :/

By The Way was an AMAZING album in its own right, but it was a departure from the funky rock that made them famous. I'm drawing the comparison to Incubus' new album here - because it seems the same thing.

FWIW, most RHCP fans would lynch me for my favorite album (One Hot Minute).

It's a MASSIVE departure from their other stuff. The new album is clearly designed to show off a completely different side of the band and Brandon Boyd's incredible voice. More ambient music than anything.

I have the new Incubus CD and havent listened to it yet, I keep hearing bad things about it and it is scaring me from listening to it. Growing up, they were really good friends with the local record store near me, Looney Tunes, an they used to hang out with them a lot at the store and invite them to different functions. I got to meet and hang out with them a couple of times, they were nice guys. I even got into the taping of an Incubus DVD show at Sony Records studios, I am on the DVD real quick. I was a huge fan of Incubus for a long time, but they have sounded different ever since they parted ways with Dirk Lance. I really didnt like Light Grenades.

every thing after californication has been god awful. they went from one of my favorite bands to a band that I stay far away from.

Even Californication was kind of a love it or hate it album.

I have the new Incubus CD and havent listened to it yet, I keep hearing bad things about it and it is scaring me from listening to it. Growing up, they were really good friends with the local record store near me, Looney Tunes, an they used to hang out with them a lot at the store and invite them to different functions. I got to meet and hang out with them a couple of times, they were nice guys. I even got into the taping of an Incubus DVD show at Sony Records studios, I am on the DVD real quick. I was a huge fan of Incubus for a long time, but they have sounded different ever since they parted ways with Dirk Lance. I really didnt like Light Grenades.

Same boat as RHCP. No where nearly as good as they once were.

every thing after californication has been god awful. they went from one of my favorite bands to a band that I stay far away from.

Even Californication was kind of a love it or hate it album.

Same boat as RHCP. No where nearly as good as they once were.

I have to agree wih you, I really havent liked anything after Californication, I have liked some songs, but the whole albums have been bad. I am also so disappointed in the new Incubus album.

If you're a "SCIENCE, Make Yourself" Incubus fan, it's a major letdown. If you're a "Morning View" fan, it's like an orgasm in your ears.

If you're a "SCIENCE, Make Yourself" Incubus fan, it's a major letdown. If you're a "Morning View" fan, it's like an orgasm in your ears.

Thisis more of the Incubus I like. I was so so with Morning View, the songs were decent. I tried to listen to the new album last night on my way home from work, I got about halfway through it and had to turn it off. It was really bad to me.

I have to agree wih you, I really havent liked anything after Californication, I have liked some songs, but the whole albums have been bad. I am also so disappointed in the new Incubus album.

i know a lot of avid RHCP fans hate californication as well because it was their first kind of more pop-ish album. But it was the album that got me into them so I cant hate on it.

• 4 weeks later...
They just premiered the music video for The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie. As a die hard fan, it was great to see them in action again. They looked like they were having fun again just playing on a rooftop in Venice. They gave about a 20 min interview after that aired on mtv.com. It's up there now on demand. Have to say, Josh is kinda awkward in his responses when he talks. Can't wait for the new album to come out.

Last album was pretty good, no stunners like Blood Sugar Sex Magik but it really was solid from start to finish on both sides. By the Way was really bad (and I'm a big fan of the band) considering it's RHCP. Wouldn't be bad for a bands first album I guess, but was really disappointed with that one. Californication was great imo.

This first single isn't bad, but I'm hoping there's more from it. This is a good sign, but I'm so weary of new music. Hoping it's good.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived