• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

You Get One NHL Rule Change Next Season

Phil

What is it?

For me, offside is eliminated. Completely. No more talk of a vertical plane. No more game-delaying reviews. No more mindless chatter about "did he enter the zone backwards but with control of the puck?" No more bullshit. Just kill it. The NHL wants more goals, anyway. This would grant that.

What is it?

For me, offside is eliminated. Completely. No more talk of a vertical plane. No more game-delaying reviews. No more mindless chatter about "did he enter the zone backwards but with control of the puck?" No more bullshit. Just kill it. The NHL wants more goals, anyway. This would grant that.

Might not get rid of it, but would essentially say it's only reviewable if scoring team retains possession completely between entering the zone and the goal being scored.Also make it that line extend up above the ice; make it so it has to be really, really hard to overturn a goal.No matter it has to be changed because it's out of hand.

Lagreca brought up a good point today, make the review only 1 minute and if the call stands, the team challenging gets a 2 minute penalty

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

See above. This is convoluted. It's qualifiers on top of qualifiers on top of qualifiers. This shit is confusing and unnecessary. Just. Get. Rid. Of. It.

What good is offside giving the game? It's literally designed to throttle goal-scoring, the thing the NHL wants to increase.

See above. This is convoluted. It's qualifiers on top of qualifiers on top of qualifiers. This shit is confusing and unnecessary. Just. Get. Rid. Of. It.

What good is offside giving the game? It's literally designed to throttle goal-scoring, the thing the NHL wants to increase.

Qualifiers are more realistic than getting rid of it all together. It isn't about the entry only.

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

Because it forces all players to come back and play defense. It would be boring just watching one guy hang out at the other end of the ice all game.

As for eliminating something, I would eliminate the shootout and go with 3 on 3 overtime for 10 minutes.

Remove the coach's challenge on offside. IDGAF if the linesman misses a call for offside. That is not an easy call to make correctly 100% of the time and I'm OK with this. Rarely, if ever, is offside the sole reason a goal occurs. Limit the coach's challenge to interference on the goaltender.

Remove the coach's challenge on offside. IDGAF if the linesman misses a call for offside. That is not an easy call to make correctly 100% of the time and I'm OK with this. Rarely, if ever, is offside the sole reason a goal occurs. Limit the coach's challenge to interference on the goaltender.

I'm actually good with this as a solution since removing offisde entirely is a leap too far.

Remove the "stick above crossbar" rule. Mostly because we would possibly still play hockey if that wasnt a rule, but I have never understood that rule anyway. Touch the puck whereever you want, but if u touch a player with your stick up high its a penalty. If you just tip the puck I dont see the problem. Dont give a fuck if it is hard for the goalies, bad for them.

The league wants more goals anyway, so start by taking away stupid rules that disallow goals. Including the goalie challenge for offside, intent to blow and so on.

Remove the "stick above crossbar" rule. Mostly because we would possibly still play hockey if that wasnt a rule, but I have never understood that rule anyway. Touch the puck whereever you want, but if u touch a player with your stick up high its a penalty. If you just tip the puck I dont see the problem. Dont give a fuck if it is hard for the goalies, bad for them.

The league wants more goals anyway, so start by taking away stupid rules that disallow goals. Including the goalie challenge for offside, intent to blow and so on.

they just don't players swinging their sticks due to injuries that may occur. I'm ok with this rule

"Intent to blow."

You play between the whistles. Period. I don't care if the ref wanted to blow the whistle or not, if the puck goes in before the whistle, it counts. Not sure why you take away goals for such a fucking stupid reason.

I wish that rule applied in my house.

Minor tweak of the offside rule.

If a players skate is up off the ice but is on the line, make it onside.

Im all for getting rid of the offside review. Most times its friggin an inch or 2 that a guy is offside and has no bearing on the play. Or, a coach cant challenge an offside play if the team eventually gets control of the puck.

I would be curious to see an analysis of the number of overturned goals on more or less inconsequential offsides calls. The one against Forsberg the other night, for example, is one I would deem inconsequential, because it had zero impact on the play once the team entered the zone.

Archived