• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

TBL Trade [F] Brian Boyle to TOR for Byron Froese and 2nd Rd Pick

Unless they plan on re-signing him, what is the point? It's not like he makes them any more of a contender.

You dont think they can beat MTL, OTT, or BOS in the 1st round?

Point for the Maple Leaves is that they need to make the playoffs since theyve been in them once since the 2003-04 season

Yea, they can.

Doesn't make them a contender though.

If they end up in 2nd/3rd place they have an easier path to the conference finals and then take it from there, just like the Rangers would have if they stay in WC1. Rangers really a contender if they are 2nd/3rd in the Metro?

Good for them making moves after they have suffered for so long.

I wouldnt count them out on making more tweaks.

If they end up in 2nd/3rd place they have an easier path to the conference finals and then take it from there, just like the Rangers would have if they stay in WC1. Rangers really a contender if they are 2nd/3rd in the Metro?

Good for them making moves after they have suffered for so long.

I wouldnt count them out on making more tweaks.

The difference is that the Rangers are a good team and Toronto will only make the playoffs because of how terrible their division is. They aren't going to beat MTL + Metro team or two Metro teams.

They're a combined 3-9 against MTL, NYR, WAS, and PIT

The difference is that the Rangers are a good team and Toronto will only make the playoffs because of how terrible their division is. They aren't going to beat MTL + Metro team or two Metro teams.

They're a combined 3-9 against MTL, NYR, WAS, and PIT

5-5-4 vs. WAS, NYR, MTL, OTT, BOS

1-0-1 vs WAS

Every game against MTL was a 1 goal game except for a game the Leafs lost 5-3.

I dont think they are going to make a run but again this is showing the fans that they are sort of in for this season, theyve been in a long drought to make the playoffs + win a round. If they get up to 2nd/3rd place I can see them quite possibly in the ECF.

Archived