• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Won't Sign Draft Picks Iverson, Mantha, Nejezchleb

Shane Falco

Did not know where to put this but wtf @coreypronman NY Rangers won't sign their 2014 3rd round pick Keegan Iverson' date=' 4th round pick Ryan Mantha or 5th rounder Rich Nejezchleb.[/quote']

Not shocked about Iverson, he underwhelmed ever since he was drafted. Mantha was nothing special. Is Nejezchleb on a minor league contract? He played in the AHL and ECHL this year.

Nejezchleb, from what I've understood, has been hammered with injuries, so they're likely just walking away from a player who can't seem to stay healthy. He showed offensive flash in camp last year, but I guess he's just been unable to stay in the line-up.

Wow, 2014 draft turned out to be dog shit for us. Not good given the number of picks we've had lately.

Other than Skjei and Buch, I'm most excited about Duclair and Saarela.

Seriously though, Huska seems like he's doing well in his first year after being drafted, but then, it's going to be years until he might be ready for NHL action.

It's actually not surprising. It's considered against the odds for these players to make it to the NHL. We've been incredibly lucky that our late round players have had relative success. That's usually not how it happens and we've been spoiled in recent years. Maybe now it will finally catch up to us.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived