PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Panthers Reassign Dale Tallon, Shake Up Front Office to Spotlight Analytics

Phil in Absentia
05-09-2016, 08:37 AM
The Florida Panthers had their best season in franchise history in the 2015-16 regular season. It’s not often you see a 103-point team reshuffle its front office, but shuffle the Panthers have.

As first reported by Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet, associate general manager Tom Rowe has been promoted to general manager while Dale Tallon has been “promoted” to some sort of position atop of the hockey operations food chain. Eric Joyce, who was the general manager of the Portland Pirates since 2014, is an assistant general manager. Steve Werier was the Panthers’ VP of legal and business affair, and will now be an assistant general manager as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/panthers-reassign-dale-tallon--shake-up-front-office-to-spotlight-analytics-063756912.html?client=safari#

Morphinity
05-13-2016, 11:47 AM
:tweet: @hfialkov
Panthers shakeups continue. Co-owner Doug Cifu has confirmed the firing of assistant coach John Madden.

Panthers also fired director of hockey operations Mike Dixon, dormer travel secretary of team

--

I don't get this at all. Probably another case of there being some disagreement about the direction of the franchise (like what we saw in Phoenix.)

Mike
05-13-2016, 01:10 PM
Panthers shakeups continue. Co-owner Doug Cifu has confirmed the firing of assistant coach John Madden.

Panthers also fired director of hockey operations Mike Dixon, dormer travel secretary of team

--

I don't get this at all. Probably another case of there being some disagreement about the direction of the franchise (like what we saw in Phoenix.)
John Madden is a dick, so that might have something to do with it. He's a fuckin nut job.

Phil in Absentia
05-13-2016, 06:21 PM

--

West Point Panthers.

Viola, the teams owner, is a graduate. As are Eric Joyce, Adam Fullerton, Matt Caldwell, and numerous front office personnel.

paddynyc
05-14-2016, 12:24 PM
West Point Panthers.

Viola, the teams owner, is a graduate. As are Eric Joyce, Adam Fullerton, Matt Caldwell, and numerous front office personnel.

I guess they were given their marching orders.