• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Michael Joly of QMJHL

CreaseCrusader91

@jfplante_Droit:

Micha?l Joly signe son 1er contrat professionnel avec Hartford, filiale #NYRangers. Contrat garanti #AHL m?me s'il est c?d? #ECHL. #ledroit

-------

Micha?l Joly signed his 1st professional contract with Hartford, subsidiary #NYRangers. Contract guaranteed #AHL even if it is assigned #ECHL. #ledroit

He's a talented, but somewhat injury prone scorer.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160508/77c2f3613de5476c06491ac49afad996.jpg

For more info check this out.

http://blueseatblogs.com/2016/05/08/rangers-sign-michael-joly-ahl-contract/

He's a young guy who's a boom or bust on an AHL contract for a few years. I'm pretty sure they took his size into consideration. He'll put on weight, he was playing in a league with smaller and younger players.

I don't get the whole size issue. Hockey isn't a big mans game anymore.

Gaudreau is listed at 160 and Patrick Kane is at 180. That being said, your skills have to overcome the lack of weight. Much different for high draft picks versus an unsigned kid out of Juniors. It can't hurt to give him an AHL deal, but we've seen high-scoring Junior players like St. Croix toil in the minors.

It's a pretty average size especially for someone coming out of juniors.

Yea but he's 21

fwiw, he's the exact same size as Artemi Panarin. So it's not like he can't play in the league...he's just really fucking small lol

He's 30lbs. shy of an average NHL player

Callahan, Zucc and Hagelin and probably St Louis at one point in their young careers were all slight or smurfish.

I never thought I'd find myself advocating for a smurf -- and I think you can have too many on a roster at one time -- but there has been so much turnover and time/space between them, I think we're just looking for talent where we can get it.

With the loss of A Saarela (E Staal trade) we have to do some replenishing of the supply chain and beggars can't be that choosy about the specs.

Callahan' date=' Zucc and Hagelin and probably St Louis at one point in their young careers were all slight or smurfish. I never thought I'd find myself advocating for a smurf -- and I think you can have too many on a roster at one time -- but there has been so much turnover and time/space between them, I think we're just looking for talent where we can get it. With the loss of A Saarela (E Staal trade) we have to do some replenishing of the supply chain and beggars can't be that choosy about the specs.[/quote']

Yes but that's the exception not the norm.

Archived