PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs: 2015-16 WCQF | St. Louis Blues (C2) v. Chicago Blackhawks (C3)

Morphinity
04-10-2016, 10:30 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4334542/BSBH/BSBH_Playoffs_Header.jpg

WESTERN CONFERENCE
QUARTER FINALS

[2] STL v. CHI [3]

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4334542/BSBH/Template_Graphics/Logos/icons/blues1.gif v. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4334542/BSBH/Template_Graphics/Logos/icons/blackhawks1.gif

SERIES SCHEDULE:

TBD

USEFUL LINKS:

NHL.com (http://www.nhl.com) • TSN.ca (http://www.tsn.ca)

blues.nhl.com (http://blues.nhl.com/) • blackhawks.nhl.com (http://blackhawks.nhl.com/)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4334542/BSBH/Template_Graphics/GDT/BSBH_GDT_Spacer.gif

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4334542/BSBH/Template_Graphics/Logos/STL.gif

Team Leaders:

Goals:
N/A

Assists:
N/A

+/-:
N/A

PIM:
N/A

TOI/G (D):
N/A

TOI/G (F):
N/A

Lineup:^

Alex Steen A / Jori Lehtera / Vladimir Tarasenko
Robby Fabbri / Paul Stastny / Troy Brouwer
Jaden Schwartz / Patrik Berglund / Magnus Pääjärvi
Scottie Upshall / Kyle Brodziak / Ryan Reaves

Jay Bouwmeester / Alex Pietrangelo A
Joel Edmundson / Kevin Shattenkirk
Carl Gunnarsson / Colton Parayko

Brian Elliot
Anders Nilsson

^ Subject to change

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

[G] Jake Allen [DTD] — Lower-body injury
[F] David Backes C [DTD] — Lower-body injury
[F] Steve Ott [IR] — Hamstring surgery; Out indefinitely

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4334542/BSBH/Template_Graphics/GDT/BSBH_GDT_Spacer.gif

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4334542/BSBH/Template_Graphics/Logos/CHI.gif

Team Leaders:

Goals:
N/A

Assists:
N/A

+/-:
N/A

PIM:
N/A

TOI/G (D):
N/A

TOI/G (F):
N/A

Lineup:^

Andrew Ladd / Jonathan Toews C / Richard Panik
Artemi Panarin / Artem Anisimov / Patrick Kane
Teurvo Teravainen / Dale Weise / Tomas Fleischmann
Brandon Mashinter / Marcus Kruger / Marcus Kruger

Brent Seabrook A/ Viktor Svedberg
Nicklas Hjalmarsson / Trrevir Van Reimsdyk
Michal Rozsival / Erik Gustafsson

Corey Crawford
Scott Darling

^ Subject to change

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

[F] Marian Hossa [DTD] — Knee injury; Questionable for start of playoffs
[D] Duncan Keith A [SUSP]— Suspended 6 games for intent to injure; Missing 1 game of the first round
[F] Andrew Shaw [DTD] — Undisclosed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4334542/BSBH/Template_Graphics/GDT/BSBH_GDT_Footer1.gif

Phil in Absentia
04-10-2016, 11:09 PM
This is gonna be war! Both these teams have a lot to prove. Hawks are defending a championship and the Blues simply can't lose another first-round match and expect heads not to roll.

I'm actaully gonna go out on a limb and say Blues in 6.

Pete
04-11-2016, 07:53 AM
Hawks in 7.

phillyb™
04-11-2016, 10:01 AM
this series...
this is what the playoffs are all about and to think that one of these teams HAS to make a first round exit - this could get ugly.

Bieser
04-12-2016, 07:53 AM
I think this is the year the Blues get by them.

Johnnydollaz18
04-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Blues in 7

Faiz
04-14-2016, 12:04 AM
Game 1 going into OT, tied 0-0.

EDIT: This break between the third and OT is way too long.

Faiz
04-14-2016, 12:33 AM
Backes with the OT game winner!
Blues up 1-0 in the series.

Faiz
04-15-2016, 10:27 PM
Tarasenko gets his second goal of the game to put the Blues up 2-1 with 7:46 left in the third.

EDIT: It's being challenged for offside.

EDIT 2: Goal overturned. Good call.
http://i.imgur.com/Eow6GvP.jpg
Puck's hard to see, it's at the bottom of the blue "REEBOK" on the boards. His skate remains in the air from this point onwards.

Morphinity
04-15-2016, 10:32 PM
Wow that was so close. They called no goal, but I don't know how that was conclusive.

Faiz
04-15-2016, 10:34 PM
Wow that was so close. They called no goal, but I don't know how that was conclusive.

Check the pic I edited into my previous post. But only Toronto has access to the line cameras I believe, so they could have seen a clearer version.

Morphinity
04-15-2016, 10:36 PM
These reviews are terrible, offside especially.

fletch
04-15-2016, 10:37 PM
I hate the coaches challenge on offsides 30 seconds after a goal has been scored. A lot of hockey has transpired after the puck enters the zone

Morphinity
04-15-2016, 10:38 PM
That's a good goal. Shaw doing what we wish Kreider would do.

Faiz
04-15-2016, 10:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QVoOIBF.png

This is the line camera's view from the earlier goal...
How do you possibly determine anything from that? Commentators said it's clearer in Toronto though, but I don't know if I believe that. They need to let networks have access to these cameras too, the fans are just left in the dark sometimes.

As for this goal by Shaw, it should be a good goal.

Morphinity
04-15-2016, 10:50 PM
This series is great.

Flynn
04-15-2016, 10:50 PM
Fuck Chicago.

Morphinity
04-15-2016, 10:56 PM
H8er

Flynn
04-16-2016, 08:57 AM
H8er

I'll admit it... Joel Quenneville's mustache has finally driven me to the point of hatred.

Morphinity
04-17-2016, 04:32 PM
This game is whack. Crawford has been amazing.

Morphinity
04-17-2016, 04:50 PM
Ladd just double posted it. Doc went full SCOARRRRRRRRRRgasm and then had to backtrack :rofl:

Travis Bickle
04-17-2016, 05:11 PM
Ladd just double posted it. Doc went full SCOARRRRRRRRRRgasm and then had to backtrack :rofl:

I :lol:'d. Those premature "scoargasms" can be embarrassing.

Karan
04-17-2016, 05:45 PM
Would be great to see a long OT between these two teams! Perfect ending would be if Blues take it in OT and crush CHI's dreams :D

Morphinity
04-17-2016, 06:01 PM
Blues win Game 3. Fack.

Travis Bickle
04-17-2016, 06:03 PM
No OT. :(

Dunny
04-17-2016, 10:16 PM
I love when real 4 line, 6 D-men teams like St. Louis beat teams like Chicago who try to get away with dressing 5 bonfide AHLers every night.

Mike
04-17-2016, 10:59 PM
I love when real 4 line, 6 D-men teams like St. Louis beat teams like Chicago who try to get away with dressing 5 bonfide AHLers every night.

I have nothing against Chicago except that I'm getting tired of watching them win all the time. Lets get some new heroes involved. I mean, good for them, impressive stuff for sure. Also, I've always been a Blues fan since I was a kid and wanted to root for a team in the Campbell Conference. I think it was their stupid organ playing after a goal that made me like them.

Pete
04-18-2016, 12:00 AM
They don't "try to get away" with anything. It's called a salary cap. They have elite players who deserve to be paid. The Blues don't, aside from Tarasenko.

That's why in a 7 game series the Blues can never get past the Hawks.

BrooklynBoy89
04-18-2016, 03:31 PM
They don't "try to get away" with anything. It's called a salary cap. They have elite players who deserve to be paid. The Blues don't, aside from Tarasenko.

That's why in a 7 game series the Blues can never get past the Hawks.

This. In fact, even down 2-1, I still have very little doubt the Hawks lose this series. Now, I will say that'd I'd be happy if they lose, just don't see it happening.

Mike
04-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Well if the Blues lose in the first round and the Rangers fire AV, there's your replacement.

phillyb™
04-18-2016, 09:22 PM
Well if the Blues lose in the first round and the Rangers fire AV, there's your replacement.

are you saying we get hitchcock or they get AV?
or are you saying both?
and we meet them in the cup final next year?

Mike
04-18-2016, 10:07 PM
are you saying we get hitchcock or they get AV?
or are you saying both?
and we meet them in the cup final next year?

We get Hitchcock.

Morphinity
04-19-2016, 10:07 PM
Tarsenko with an absolute snipe.

McIlrath looked good ton-........ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mike
04-19-2016, 10:14 PM

Almost just potted another one

Lt. Dan
04-19-2016, 10:23 PM

He's so fargin good... I can't stand it. :banghead:

Mike
04-19-2016, 11:07 PM
The Blues just got fucked. Toews pushed Fabrii into Crawford. Crawford throws a shit fit and fights Fabrii. Huge scuffle. Hawks get a pp.

Mike
04-19-2016, 11:08 PM
And the Hawks score on the pp.

phillyb™
04-19-2016, 11:12 PM
didn't understand those penalties. just didn't make sense.

Lt. Dan
04-19-2016, 11:19 PM
Tarasenko again

Morphinity
04-19-2016, 11:20 PM
Fucking awful night for Rangers fans

Phil in Absentia
04-19-2016, 11:28 PM
You know what extra sucks about Tarasenko? Panarin. Who Tarasenko pumped up for two years when he got to St. Louis and tried to get the Blues to sign.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/41339/vladimir-tarasenko-pal-artemi-panarin-is-the-enemy-right-now

Imagine this roster with Tarasenko and Panarin instead of whatever glut of shit they have today?

Mike
04-19-2016, 11:29 PM
Fucking awful night for Rangers fans

How so? McIlrath is in the NHL and the Rangers think he's good.

Phil in Absentia
04-19-2016, 11:48 PM
This game is so good.

Lt. Dan
04-19-2016, 11:54 PM
Blues came to play. I love the Hawks but I wouldn't mind the Blues moving on.

Mike
04-19-2016, 11:54 PM
Blues come out flying in the 3rd. 2 goals in 5 minutes. 4-2 with 15:00 left.

Lt. Dan
04-20-2016, 12:03 AM
Would love to see Shaw in blue next season.

Karan
04-20-2016, 12:11 AM
Looks like CHI is about to be pushed to the brink. Somehow I still can't count them out though...will have to see how they respond once they're facing elimination. It's still a shame this damn playoff format has resulted in these two teams facing in the first round. In the old format, the 2nd and 3rd place teams of the conference, this might've been a conference finals match up.

Lt. Dan
04-20-2016, 12:12 AM
Omg hahaha did you guys just see that deflected goal Chicago just scored

Mike
04-20-2016, 12:14 AM
Omg hahaha did you guys just see that deflected goal Chicago just scored

Yeah, that was silly.

Phil in Absentia
04-20-2016, 12:18 AM
Would love to see Shaw in blue next season.

Give 'em back Hayes.

SaveByRichter35
04-20-2016, 08:15 AM

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

CreaseCrusader91
04-20-2016, 09:34 AM
@ChicagoSports:
Blackhawks' Andrew Shaw could face discipline for possible homophobic slur trib.in/1STgZMo via @ChrisKuc

Mike
04-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Very unChicagolike behavior last night by a few Hawks.

Travis Bickle
04-20-2016, 10:59 AM
It was clear what he (Shaw) said. You don't have to be a lip reading expert. He should just admit it and apologize.

Mike
04-20-2016, 11:08 AM
It was clear what he (Shaw) said. You don't have to be a lip reading expert. He should just admit it and apologize.

Is he denying it? I didn't see a clip, but I believe you.

Travis Bickle
04-20-2016, 11:13 AM
Is he denying it? I didn't see a clip, but I believe you.

This is what he said after the game:

“Emotions are high; I don’t know what’s said,” Shaw said after the loss. “I was obviously upset with the call, being late in game. It doesn’t give us a chance to tie it up.”

Pressed further about whether he used the slight, Shaw repeated, “I don’t know what I said,” but the damage was done, for him and the Blackhawks.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2016/04/20/st-louis-blues-chicago-blackhawks-game-4/83267896/

Mike
04-20-2016, 11:13 AM
Are they seriously considering suspending him for that ?? What a fuckin joke.

Travis Bickle
04-20-2016, 11:19 AM
Are they seriously considering suspending him for that ?? What a fuckin joke.

Not sure if they are considering a suspension. I'm thinking a fine perhaps.

Mike
04-20-2016, 11:22 AM
It's fuckin bullshit either way. What the fuck is this world coming to? Holy shit

Lt. Dan
04-20-2016, 12:03 PM
It's fuckin bullshit either way. What the fuck is this world coming to? Holy shit

Welcome to the pussification of America. If it's not PC, it's bound to ruffle some serious feathers.

Dunny
04-20-2016, 12:07 PM
Attempt to snap somebodies neck, or two hand them in the face? All good.

Call somebody a faggot? GTFO, no room for that shit bro.

Mike
04-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the pussification of America. If it's not PC, it's bound to ruffle some serious feathers.

If I ever offended you before, I apologize whole heartedly.

Nah, just kiddin. Go fuck yourself.

Lt. Dan
04-20-2016, 12:25 PM
If I ever offended you before, I apologize whole heartedly.

Nah, just kiddin. Go fuck yourself.

http://i.giphy.com/44X9vIGbuj864.gif

Dunny
04-20-2016, 12:25 PM
Shaw is lucky the game wasn't in Canada, he'd either be jailed or fined a million dollars by a human rights tribunal.

I'm not even joking either.

Travis Bickle
04-20-2016, 12:30 PM
I think part of it is that he said it to an official. And that he said it multiple times. A "heat of the moment" defense doesn't work too well when you do something more than once.

Morphinity
04-20-2016, 12:33 PM
The NHL has an image to protect. They are partners with the "You Can Play" organization, which promotes inclusion in the sport of hockey, and Shaw has even been a part of their PSA's. So when one of their players got caught on camera shouting "Fucking faggot" at someone, he will be publicly disciplined because it's a public relations issue.

This isn't a PC thing. This is a PR thing because of how the NHL wants to conduct their business.

Also, it's hurtful to a lot of people, people the NHL is going to bat for. If you can't recognize that, then get your head out of your ass.

Does this mean Shaw is a homophobe? Absolutely not. We all know how it goes when people get heated and we all know these guys came up calling each other all kinds of shit, so it just kinda comes out. But it's something that the NHL and, quite frankly, the modern world is trying to rid itself of. It will take time.

Mike
04-20-2016, 12:44 PM
The NHL has an image to protect. They are partners with the "You Can Play" organization, which promotes inclusion in the sport of hockey, and Shaw has even been a part of their PSA's. So when one of their players got caught on camera shouting "Fucking faggot" at someone, he will be publicly disciplined because it's a public relations issue.

This isn't a PC thing. This is a PR thing because of how the NHL wants to conduct their business.

Also, it's hurtful to a lot of people, people the NHL is going to bat for. If you can't recognize that, then get your head out of your ass.

Does this mean Shaw is a homophobe? Absolutely not. We all know how it goes when people get heated and we all know these guys came up calling each other all kinds of shit, so it just kinda comes out. But it's something that the NHL and, quite frankly, the modern world is trying to rid itself of. It will take time.

Why is a homosexual that lives 1,2, 3000 miles away hurt that a hockey player called another player or a referee a f***ot?
Does that make sense? Just like you said, Shaw isn't a homophobe, so what happened to "sticks and stones"?

Morphinity
04-20-2016, 12:55 PM
Why is a homosexual that lives 1,2, 3000 miles away hurt that a hockey player called another player or a referee a f***ot?
Does that make sense? Just like you said, Shaw isn't a homophobe, so what happened to "sticks and stones"?

They shouldn't be, but people get offended over all kinds of shit today, so who knows.

Anyway, it is a bad image for the NHL who are promoting inclusion, and this type of behavior is the antithesis of that. That's the point and that's why the NHL will discipline him for it.

SaveByRichter35
04-20-2016, 01:01 PM

Pussification of the world, its not just America. Everyone has "feelings" now. No one wants their feelings hurt.

Mike
04-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Pussification of the world, its not just America. Everyone has "feelings" now. No one wants their feelings hurt.

I don't care. I'm proud to be an asshole.

Faiz
04-20-2016, 01:15 PM

Well, the way it's looked at is not as a personal attack. When he said "fucking faggot" in that context, the word was being used as a negative term and an insult. The definition of the word is a male homosexual, and the problem with people using it as an insult is that it implies that being a male homosexual is a bad thing.

Like I get it, a few years ago, everyone was saying that and it had no "homosexual affiliations", it was just an insult that was thrown around, and when Shaw said it it wasn't an insult to homosexuals. But in recent times it's being taken more seriously and like Morphinity said, the NHL has an image to protect.

SaveByRichter35
04-20-2016, 01:28 PM
I don't care. I'm proud to be an asshole.

I'm right there with you, dick.

Travis Bickle
04-20-2016, 01:36 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CggLGd2UMAIpUCG.jpg:small

Mike
04-20-2016, 03:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CggLGd2UMAIpUCG.jpg:small

Now here's my issue, we all know that these apologies are fuckin bullshit. Even the people that are "offended" know it's bullshit. So what's the fuckin point? Just to make people grovel publicly? Fuck outta here.

Travis Bickle
04-20-2016, 03:30 PM
Now here's my issue, we all know that these apologies are fuckin bullshit. Even the people that are "offended" know it's bullshit. So what's the fuckin point? Just to make people grovel publicly? Fuck outta here.

I agree. But like Morph said, it's all about image and PR.

BrooklynBoy89
04-20-2016, 03:34 PM
After watching it 2 more times, I still can't get over how fucked that whole Crawford situation was. How in the hell do these Refs keep their jobs. Honestly, I've never seen so many missed calls in a matter of days. This may be the worst officiating we have seen. There really need to be higher standards for these Refs.. A guy gets knocked into Crawford, Crawford leaves his crease and tries to fight him, and that guy gets a penalty??? WTF is that shit. Hawks bias may be tinkering on the verge of Pens bias with these brutal calls. I know Blues fans have been outraged with the officiating so far, and they are up 3-1 haha.

Lt. Dan
04-20-2016, 03:49 PM
After watching it 2 more times, I still can't get over how fucked that whole Crawford situation was. How in the hell do these Refs keep their jobs. Honestly, I've never seen so many missed calls in a matter of days. This may be the worst officiating we have seen. There really need to be higher standards for these Refs.. A guy gets knocked into Crawford, Crawford leaves his crease and tries to fight him, and that guy gets a penalty??? WTF is that shit. Hawks bias may be tinkering on the verge of Pens bias with these brutal calls. I know Blues fans have been outraged with the officiating so far, and they are up 3-1 haha.

That's what separates good teams from shitty teams though. Blues didn't get calls in their favor and still managed to get a convincing win. Sure terrible officiating can change the course of a game, but last night was a prime example of how a team can still say fuck you and win.

Travis Bickle
04-20-2016, 04:22 PM
:tweet:@Russostrib: One-game suspension for Andrew Shaw, 5K fine #blackhawks #nhl

:tweet:@Russostrib: "In addition, Shaw will be required to undergo sensitivity training," says the NHL

Lt. Dan
04-20-2016, 04:28 PM
Lmao sensitivity training

Keirik
04-20-2016, 04:31 PM
Thank god Trottier and Stevens arent playing today. Brian Bellows still has his feelings hurt. Year suspension at least and all moms offended.

Morphinity
04-20-2016, 04:31 PM
That's absurd.

Travis Bickle
04-20-2016, 04:32 PM
But it's still ok to smack a guy in the face with your stick and knock his teeth out.

Dunny
04-20-2016, 04:32 PM
There it is, proof the the NHL believes words are more hurtful than violent physical actions. The NHL is literally a social justice warrior.

Fuck this world.

Vodka Drunkenski
04-20-2016, 05:19 PM
This is comical

Pete
04-21-2016, 08:14 AM
I wanted to comment. Typed many things. Deleted them. Tried again. Stopped.

Leaving thread.

Mike
04-21-2016, 08:34 AM
I wanted to comment. Typed many things. Deleted them. Tried again. Stopped.

Leaving thread.
Boooooooooo

Lt. Dan
04-21-2016, 08:51 AM
Boooooooooo

:word:

Mike
04-21-2016, 04:42 PM
Pete's wife should hire the dops, they're the only ones that can shut his mouth.

Morphinity
04-21-2016, 11:00 PM
Hossa scores a shortie

1-0 CHI

Lt. Dan
04-21-2016, 11:01 PM
Hey look, a real game.

Morphinity
04-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Schwartz scores on the PP 1-1

Morphinity
04-21-2016, 11:10 PM
Anisimov crashes the net
2-1 CHI

Phil in Absentia
04-21-2016, 11:16 PM
I love Colton Parayko.

Morphinity
04-21-2016, 11:20 PM
Wow, interesting watching good hockey

3-1 Hawks after 2

phillyb™
04-21-2016, 11:21 PM

3-1 Hawks after 2

all of the other series' have two teams playing.

Mike
04-21-2016, 11:21 PM
Blues fell asleep at the end of the period. Brutal

Phil in Absentia
04-21-2016, 11:40 PM

3-1 Hawks after 2

Sharks/Kings is mo' betta. Like butter.

Rangers hockey is like trying to eat a bowl of lemons.

Lt. Dan
04-21-2016, 11:49 PM
Weise has been completely irrelevant since the trade. He was much better for the habs. Scrub.

Faiz
04-21-2016, 11:51 PM
Late but that Panarin buzzer beater was sweet, might be what puts them over the top this game.

Morphinity
04-21-2016, 11:59 PM
Weise has been completely irrelevant since the trade. He was much better for the habs. Scrub.
He had like 20 good games for the Habs total. Terrible trade.

Torts was right about that scrub lord

Phil in Absentia
04-22-2016, 12:05 AM
Wakey wakey, Backes! Tie game!

Lt. Dan
04-22-2016, 12:06 AM
He had like 20 good games for the Habs total. Terrible trade.

Torts was right about that scrub lord

Scrub lord LOL

This is a hell of a game

Morphinity
04-22-2016, 12:06 AM
A good team fights back

Karan
04-22-2016, 12:07 AM
3-3! STL comes back to tie it up with 5 minutes to go. Incredible...so this is what a competing team in the playoffs looks like.

Faiz
04-22-2016, 12:07 AM
These last 5+ minutes are going to be entertaining hockey.

Blues wanting to finish it at home, Blackhawks trying to survive.

phillyb™
04-22-2016, 12:08 AM
we're all blues fans tonight. lol.

hell of a fun game.

Travis Bickle
04-22-2016, 12:30 AM
Handshakes? Or "to be continued"? Time will tell.

Lt. Dan
04-22-2016, 01:00 AM
This series has been so fargin good.

Mike
04-22-2016, 01:05 AM
2OT. Great. Never gonna make it.

Lt. Dan
04-22-2016, 01:26 AM
OMFG.. That goal by Patrick Kane was just out of this world :rofl:!!!

Un fucking real

Faiz
04-22-2016, 01:26 AM
Game over. Hawks live to see another game.

Travis Bickle
04-22-2016, 01:32 AM
I've seen that show before. Many times.

Karan
04-22-2016, 01:34 AM
CHI is winning this series. You don't give them a second chance...goodnight STL.

Lt. Dan
04-22-2016, 01:37 AM
LOL I can't believe that shit. I mean can because it's Kane, but the guy dangled through three defenders, got his own rebound and scored the goal.

Ridiculous

Travis Bickle
04-22-2016, 02:46 AM
The Ghost of Playoff's Past is still lurking in St. Louis.

BrooklynBoy89
04-22-2016, 06:32 AM
There's that first seed of doubt.. This looks a lot like our series last year against the Caps. Survive game 5 in OT.. All they gotta do is win at Home now. This has 7 games written all over it.

Mike
04-22-2016, 07:56 AM
I can't see Chicago losing 3 home games in 1 series. Rangers? Yes. Chicago? No.

Phil in Absentia
04-22-2016, 08:29 AM
I passed out on the couch and woke up at like 4:40 in the morning.

Mike
04-22-2016, 08:38 AM

Me too !

phillyb™
04-22-2016, 04:19 PM

Me too !

me three.
pat foley was talking about us last night.

Myusername
04-23-2016, 08:47 PM
Hawks down 3-1 in the first

Can St. Louis not choke it away?

Morphinity
04-23-2016, 09:12 PM
:tweet: @tomtimm
Tarasenko has 14 goals in 19 playoff games.

--

😢😢😢

Lt. Dan
04-23-2016, 09:13 PM

--

[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

So. Fucking. Good.

GJ on picking the hard nosed defensemen, Rangers.

Vodka Drunkenski
04-23-2016, 09:14 PM
I don't even think McIlrath has half that in practice this entire season

Myusername
04-23-2016, 09:23 PM
Elliot with an unreal stop to keep it 3-1, then Anisimov scores 20 seconds later lol

Travis Bickle
04-23-2016, 09:24 PM
I love the Blackhawks resiliency. No lead ever seems safe when those guys are on the ice.

Myusername
04-23-2016, 09:25 PM

--

������

He's pretty much the Ovechkin of the West, minus the pizzazz

SaveByRichter35
04-23-2016, 09:25 PM
What a fucking game. Now that LA - SJ is done, this is the next best thing. I like both teams but would love to see STL finally knock them out.

SaveByRichter35
04-23-2016, 09:30 PM

--

😢😢😢

He's pretty much the Ovechkin of the West, minus the pizzazz

And he could have been ours :palm: :banghead:

SaveByRichter35
04-23-2016, 09:38 PM
Tie game, wowwwww

Myusername
04-23-2016, 09:38 PM
Chicago putting on a show now

Myusername
04-23-2016, 09:39 PM
And he could have been ours :palm: :banghead:

I know, fucking sucks. Add Tarasenko to the team that lost to the Kings and the series might have turned out differently...

Myusername
04-23-2016, 09:41 PM
It's insane how Chicago can just come back at will. It's almost like they're fucking destined to win

SaveByRichter35
04-23-2016, 09:47 PM
Fuck, 4-3 Chicago

Myusername
04-23-2016, 09:49 PM
Jesus, can't even blame Elliot here

Myusername
04-23-2016, 09:49 PM
Blues have had maybe 1 decent chance this entire period

SaveByRichter35
04-23-2016, 09:59 PM
Had a few at the end there. Honestly I hope Chicago wins this game but STL wins it at home in game 7. We're already getting jipped of great hockey with LA going down in 5, I'm hoping we get it all here.

SaveByRichter35
04-23-2016, 10:22 PM
Oh fuck did Elliot get it with the pad stack or did that miss the net? Couldn't tell. We have no sound here at work

SaveByRichter35
04-23-2016, 10:23 PM
Neither, crossbar.

Lt. Dan
04-23-2016, 10:40 PM
http://youtu.be/wHQfpSPOonM

BrooklynBoy89
04-23-2016, 10:43 PM
Really wanted the Hawks to lose tonight.. Woulda made the Rangers loss easier to cope, knowing that MAYBEEEE it really is all the years of long playoff seasons catching up with them lol (Wishful thinking).. But at this rate, looks like Hawks will win this and we know they are the favorites to win Game 7. Damn it. But we all knew they would come back, so not surprised at all.

Vodka Drunkenski
04-23-2016, 10:49 PM
Game 7 here we come, was hoping this one was going to go to OT

Lt. Dan
04-23-2016, 10:55 PM
Hawks playing like champions. When the fuck is it going to be New York's turn? :(

Travis Bickle
04-23-2016, 11:01 PM
Blues are no match for the Blackhawks.

Travis Bickle
04-23-2016, 11:02 PM
One cup in 76 years is pretty good isn't it? We're spoiled.

I am Scags
04-24-2016, 01:08 PM
Blues are no match for the Blackhawks.

Well actually they are a great match with them, but the problem is that the Blackhawks just don't know how to die. They have the heart of a champion and just don't know how to quit.

Should be a fascinating game 7 because at this point everyone and their mother will be picking the hawks to win.

Despite all that I think the Blues are due and will actually find a way to finally slay the dragon

BrooklynBoy89
04-24-2016, 11:23 PM
Well actually they are a great match with them, but the problem is that the Blackhawks just don't know how to die. They have the heart of a champion and just don't know how to quit.

Should be a fascinating game 7 because at this point everyone and their mother will be picking the hawks to win.

Despite all that I think the Blues are due and will actually find a way to finally slay the dragon

I'm right there with ya.. Hard not to root for the Blues at this point, I feel so bad for them. Their fans have to be absolutely miserable, another year of watching their team blow a lead to the Hawks. Hopefully they can pull this out, but damn it'll be hard. Sick of the Hawks, would love to see some new blood out West.

phillyb™
04-25-2016, 09:42 AM
excited for this game.
hope the blues can pull it out.

NYR2711
04-25-2016, 12:19 PM
I would love to see the Blues go all the way this year.

SaveByRichter35
04-25-2016, 07:47 PM
I would love to see the Blues go all the way this year.

Blues for me as well. I don't dislike the Hawks but I am sick of seeing them win. If not the Blues I'll be pulling for San Jose.

Karan
04-25-2016, 08:47 PM
1-0 STL! Huge goal in Game 7!

Faiz
04-25-2016, 08:48 PM
A goal already, nothing Crawford could do there.

SaveByRichter35
04-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Already is right. I look down for 2 minutes to distribute new frequencies to adjacent control centers and I missed it.

Morphinity
04-25-2016, 08:54 PM
Look at all those Hawks fans

Flynn
04-25-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm on the Blues bus as well.. Hard to root against a team coached by Captain Kangaroo.

Lt. Dan
04-25-2016, 09:10 PM
Yea yea, Blues. Just don't blow the fucking lead as usual.

SaveByRichter35
04-25-2016, 09:12 PM
Let's go!

Lt. Dan
04-25-2016, 09:20 PM
What a fargin shot by Hossa

SaveByRichter35
04-25-2016, 09:21 PM
No sound here at work, are they saying that was tipped, screened, or just missed by Elliot?

Faiz
04-25-2016, 09:46 PM
and just like that it's tied.

SaveByRichter35
04-25-2016, 09:47 PM
Fuck

Karan
04-25-2016, 09:51 PM
This game has OT written all over it already. CHI will not go down without an epic fight.

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 10:12 PM
Next goal wins.

Myusername
04-25-2016, 10:14 PM
I don't hate Chicago, but can't stand another team winning all the god damn time lol. Go Blues

Myusername
04-25-2016, 10:19 PM
Man, I have to give it to Crawford... he steps the fuck up in big games

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 10:20 PM
Blues inches away from scoring multiple times at the end, wow. Sucks that Shaw goal was such shit, but you know it's gonna be another shit goal that wins this.. Unless Kane or Tarasenko snipe

Lt. Dan
04-25-2016, 10:23 PM
Watching Patrick Kane dangle is like watching a video game. The guy makes it look so fargin easy. Just an insanely talented player.

Faiz
04-25-2016, 10:41 PM
Crawford with a huge save.

Faiz
04-25-2016, 10:51 PM
I do not know what happened there

Phil in Absentia
04-25-2016, 10:52 PM
Brouwer! Go Blues!

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 10:52 PM
Yes!!!

Faiz
04-25-2016, 10:53 PM
If he couldn't net that rebound he'd be haunted by the "what ifs" if they went on to lose.

BrooklynBoy89
He almost missed that 3 times lol.

Myusername
3-2 St. Louis. What are the chances the Hawks DON'T tie it?

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 10:54 PM
And now the longest 10 mins ever for the Blues fans.

BrooklynBoy89
What a stupid hit by Panik. Wow

Myusername
Nice rack behind Quenneville

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 10:55 PM
Damn that place is JUMPIN! Awesome to see

Myusername
04-25-2016, 10:56 PM
It's nice to watch some actual playoff hockey...

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 10:56 PM
Wow TVR is fast a fuck.

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 10:57 PM
It's nice to watch some actual playoff hockey...

The pace is incredible.

Myusername
04-25-2016, 10:59 PM
The Western series' in general are way more fun to watch

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 11:06 PM
Agreed. Like I said in the SJ thread, the PP alone of the Sharks had me mesmerized. Regardless of who advances, the NHL is in good hands. Tons of star players in the final 8. I think if the Ducks win, that will be the best series.. But who knows.

Morphinity
04-25-2016, 11:07 PM
Toews's beard game has certainly improved over time

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 11:08 PM
Jesus. What skill by Panarin to smack that out of the air.

Myusername
04-25-2016, 11:09 PM
Holy shit, how did that not go in

BrooklynBoy89
OMG!!!!

Faiz
So close to going in, saved by the pipes.

Myusername
04-25-2016, 11:10 PM
Agreed. Like I said in the SJ thread, the PP alone of the Sharks had me mesmerized. Regardless of who advances, the NHL is in good hands. Tons of star players in the final 8. I think if the Ducks win, that will be the best series.. But who knows.

The games just flow better... it's easier to get sucked into them. The East games are more choppy/sloppy.

Myusername
04-25-2016, 11:10 PM
Holy fuck the Blues are lucky

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 11:14 PM
Gonna spend the rest of the game in their zone. Will be intense.

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 11:16 PM
Great hit. Loving this ending. Wow why take that TO???

Karan
04-25-2016, 11:17 PM
STL advances! What a series!

Morphinity
Fack

Myusername
Wow, nice job Blues

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 11:18 PM
Wow!!!!

Faiz
Crawford made some HUGE saves today to keep his team in it. Both goalies played great.

Mike
That was a fantastic hockey game. Wow

I am Scags
04-25-2016, 11:19 PM
Finally! They get over the hump! What a game

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 11:19 PM
Ahh how great is that. I don't feel nearly as bad about us losing. Tired legs are a real thing. Long runs take a toll.. Hawks didn't have a shot the final 1:30, looked like us out there lol. Hawks. Rangers. Kings. All done in the first round. WOWZERS

I am Scags
04-25-2016, 11:20 PM
The Western series' in general are way more fun to watch

Yep, more skill, more speed, more free flowing

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 11:22 PM
Still in shock they didn't get a shot off in the final minute and a half.

BrooklynBoy89
"If you wanna be the champs, u gotta beat the champs.." Haha love it.

Mike
Congratulations NHL, you just had the 3rd and 5th best teams in the entire league play each other in the 1st round.

I am Scags
04-25-2016, 11:23 PM
Ahh how great is that. I don't feel nearly as bad about us losing. Tired legs are a real thing. Long runs take a toll.. Hawks didn't have a shot the final 1:30, looked like us out there lol. Hawks. Rangers. Kings. All done in the first round. WOWZERS

Now its time for perennial one and dones like the Sharks or Blues to finally get out of their conference. Will be tough against Dallas and Anaheim but both of them can be beaten

Mike
04-25-2016, 11:24 PM
Yup, the 3 teams that have played the most games in the last 5 seasons.

I am Scags
Congratulations NHL, you just had the 3rd and 5th best teams in the entire league play each other in the 1st round.

I agree and I'm not of the fan of this format either, but they might not even meet later in the playoffs anyway so pick your poison

Lt. Dan

Yea. I feel like second round of playoffs is not going to be as good as the first. I hope I'm wrong but this playoff format is fucked.

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 11:26 PM

Ain't that the truth. That was a WCF type of series. The NHL has been lucky up until this point that nobody from the same Division has won the Cup in the while. Would suck to lose a serious contender so early. How shitty would that be if the Blues win it this year, and next year these two meet in the first round again lol.

Morphinity
04-25-2016, 11:26 PM
Really? You don't think a Stars vs. Blues series is going to be awesome?

Or potentially a Ducks vs. Sharks series?

Or Capitals vs. Penguins?

I'm just glad these two teams met. Period.

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 11:27 PM
Yea. I feel like second round of playoffs is not going to be as good as the first. I hope I'm wrong but this playoff format is fucked.

Just think if the Preds somehow upset the Ducks.. You'd have both WC teams beating the other Divisions top seed.. Already happened once, the 4th best team from one division taking out the top team, if it happens in both Conferences, that would be pretty interesting.

Mike
04-25-2016, 11:28 PM
I agree and I'm not of the fan of this format either, but they might not even meet anyway later in the playoffs so pick your poison

And now 1 vs 3 in the conference semi's. 1,2,3 all in the same division elimiates any chance of any of the top 3 teams in the conference from meeting in the cf. But hey, great rivalry built !

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 11:29 PM

While I'm glad they lost.. Hawks/Stars would have been insanely entertaining. Caps/Pens will have the storylines for sure, but if Holtby is Holtby it could be a short series. Sharks/Ducks will be awesome if it happens. I just hate seeing a team bounced so early when they really don't have to be lol. The system fucked whichever team lost tonight.

I am Scags
04-25-2016, 11:31 PM

You're damned if you do damned if you don't. and What if the one of them is a wild card team which, than they don't meet round 1 and there is no guarantees that they meet come round 2, or 3

I am Scags
04-25-2016, 11:34 PM
While I'm glad they lost.. Hawks/Stars would have been insanely entertaining. Caps/Pens will have the storylines for sure, but if Holtby is Holtby it could be a short series. Sharks/Ducks will be awesome if it happens. I just hate seeing a team bounced so early when they really don't have to be lol. The system fucked whichever team lost tonight.

Well at this point Hawks vs anyone is entertaining because its the Hawks and Kane and the style the Hawks play. So again to me its really pick your poison, potentially get the good series now or risk not getting it all come rounds 2 or 3

Karan
04-25-2016, 11:35 PM
DAL isn't going to be able to "score their way out of trouble" with STL like they did with MIN. Unfortunately I think that'll be the a short series. This one definitely should've been a WCF type series but what can you do...I guess we're stuck with this shitty system for now.

I am Scags
04-25-2016, 11:38 PM
DAL isn't going to be able to "score their way out of trouble" with STL like they did with MIN. Unfortunately I think that'll be the a short series. This one definitely should've been a WCF type series but what can you do...I guess we're stuck with this shitty system for now.

But again even with the division seeding you can't predict the matchups. Hawks get one of the wild cards and we're not even here talking about this great series

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 11:40 PM
You're damned if you do damned if you don't. and What if the one of them is a wild card team which, than they don't meet round 1 and there is no guarantees that they meet come round 2, or 3

There are no guarantees in anything when it comes to Playoff Hockey.. But in any case, they would at least have the chance to earn a shot at playing further down the road. I mean in the old days, it woulda been Stars. Blues. Wild (LOL). Hawks. Ducks. Kings. Sharks. Preds.. Some great matchups, with the chance of even better matchups in the second round.
Stars-Preds
Blues-Sharks
Wild-Kings
Hawks-Ducks

Hell, like we've talked about in the Playoff Format thread, just giving the 2 Division winners 1-2 seed would have been, Stars-Wild. Ducks-Pred. Blues-Sharks. Hawks-Kings.. Not much difference, but at least the 2 and 3 best teams in the Conference can't meet right away. I know it's been talked about at nauseam, but it's going to keep happening for years to come.

BrooklynBoy89
04-25-2016, 11:44 PM
I actually had to look back at the old Divisions to do that last post, my god that Canucks/Wild/Flames/Avalanche/Oilers division would be BRUTAL nowadays.

Mike
04-25-2016, 11:44 PM
You can't look at it as the teams as we know them. You have to look at how they finished overall. That's the point of playing 82 games. Whatever .... LET'S GO BLUES !!

I am Scags
04-25-2016, 11:48 PM
Yea go Blues! Fucking shitty ass places like Tampa, Carolina, NJ, have all won Stanley Cups and meanwhile here is an original 1967 expansion franchise thats been around for almost 50 years and is still waiting for a cup. They deserve one or a really good crack at it again

Karan
04-25-2016, 11:50 PM
I think STL has a very good shot of making the SCF especially if NSH can miraculously knock off ANA.

I am Scags
04-25-2016, 11:53 PM
If they play like this for sure. You just hope they didn't waste all that emotion on trying to beat the Hawks here

Bieser
04-26-2016, 07:49 AM
Thank goodness. Now I get to see who's really a hockey fan at work. While the Hawks were rolling, apparently they all were. I'm happy for the Blues. They've had a lot of tough first round outs. Other than the Wild one year, it seems they have drawn the Hawks and Kings every time. I see a path for them.

ThirtyONE
04-26-2016, 01:16 PM
That Game 7 was the best games of the year. Great great game. Happy to see STL survive.

phillyb™
04-26-2016, 02:01 PM
agreed. what an exciting game. hell, this whole series has been fantastic.
so happy the blues finally got out of the first round.

Johnnydollaz18
04-26-2016, 02:36 PM
Nailed this series, Blues in 7! I want a cup for Alex Pietrangelo! Not up there fan wise like Kane, but he's close!

Vodka Drunkenski
04-26-2016, 05:17 PM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

SaveByRichter35
04-26-2016, 07:44 PM
I voted Hawks in 7 but was hoping for STL. So happy to be wrong here. Let's go Blues!