PDA

View Full Version : [TSN] McKenzie: 'Damaged' Oilers Need to be 'Radically Altered'

Phil in Absentia
04-04-2016, 09:08 PM
“What it suggests to me is that there’s a price to be paid for all the losing in Edmonton, and that the core group of players on this team may well be what I would say – use the word – damaged. By damaged I guess I mean having the wrong mindset, psyche, psychologically. Just the constant losing, revolving door of coaches and management regimes, and just seemingly a bunch of players individually and then almost collectively losing their way.

“The Oilers, we know they’re a flawed group the way they’re constructed. But even so, there are a lot of good hockey players. I think of Taylor Hall, I think of Jordan Eberle, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, among others. But just the constant getting beaten up over the years, and I wonder where their mindset is at collectively as a group. Because I guess what Todd McLellan is really saying is, ‘I’ve had this group for 200 days,’ and on a night that should have had some special element to it – Battle of Alberta, last Hockey Night in Canada game at Rexall – there was a reason for them to rally around it, and come up with a real good effort. The fact that they didn’t suggests to you just how badly flawed this group is right now. Outside of Connor McDavid, and probably Leon Draisaitl and Darnell Nurse – there’s probably no option on the table that shouldn’t be considered – at least considered if you’re Peter Chiarelli and Todd McLellan.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/mckenzie-damaged-oilers-need-to-be-radically-altered/

--

:tweet: @NicholsOnHockey: McKenzie: No question in terms of trades Chiarelli "is going to be active and some bodies are going to be flying out the door." #Oilers

:tweet: @NicholsOnHockey: LeBrun: "Peter Chiarelli, I think, will be one of the more aggressive GMs in the entire off-season, and w/ good reason." #Oilers

:tweet: @NicholsOnHockey: LeBrun: "I would say, 'Brace yourself,' to a lot of players on that team right now." #Oilers

:tweet: @NicholsOnHockey: LeBrun: "I think the month of June is going to be a complete gong show for the amount of news that's going to be generated" from trades.

--

It's on like Donkey Kong, yo!

Captain Clutch
04-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Rangers take advantage of this and get some young talent, please and thanks

Future
04-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Just pray that Staal or G will waive to go there, and we can scrounge up enough picks to actually get a decent piece.

I just don't see that happening.