PDA

View Full Version : Wildcard Question

jrc64
03-29-2016, 09:39 AM
I was under the impression that ROW was the first tiebreaker when teams were tied in points. According to the standings I see this morning, Philadelphia hold the second wild card. Should Detroit hold the 2nd wildcard? They both have 87 points. Detroit has 36 ROW wins versus Philadelphias 35 ROW wins. Am I missing something?

Morphinity
03-29-2016, 09:44 AM
Philadelphia has played one less game, so they get the tie breaker.

jrc64
03-29-2016, 10:48 AM
Philadelphia has played one less game, so they get the tie breaker.

Strange. Doesn't seem to make sense. Points are points, and ROW is ROW regardless of games played. As of now, Detroit should have the final spot until Philly passes them up either in points or ROW. I mean, they don't factor games played in the regular standings. Just seems strange. Thanks!

Blue Heaven
03-29-2016, 10:52 AM
Strange. Doesn't seem to make sense. Points are points, and ROW is ROW regardless of games played. As of now, Detroit should have the final spot until Philly passes them up either in points or ROW. I mean, they don't factor games played in the regular standings. Just seems strange. Thanks!

Its not strange....If Philly loses their game in hand then Detroit will jump them, but if Philly wins their game in hand then they'll be 2 points up. All that matters is that all the teams play 82 games and you'll see the final standings.

Morphinity
03-29-2016, 11:03 AM

What does that mean?

If two teams have the same number of points, but one has less games played, the team with less GP gets the spot. It makes perfect sense because the teams aren't actually tied (they haven't played the same number of games.) ROW doesn't come into effect here.

Look at Florida and Tampa. Florida plays tonight. If they lose, Florida moves down to 2nd because they'll have played the same number of games but Tampa has more ROW.