• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Marvel Releases 'Captain America: Civil War' Trailer

Johnnydollaz18

Right now, this stands to top both Avengers films IMO both financially and in terms of actual story value. I feel so much more invested in this than I did in either of the first two Avengers films. This feels like it'll be taken as seriously as The Winter Soldier was, which isn't shocking considering The Winter Soldier is clearly an integral part of this film.

They're almost certainly going to kill him off when he steps aside. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone since none of this is actually finalized to my knowledge, but there is a comics storyline they can go down that would help them with this, and they've already laid the groundwork for it.

The Winter Soldier becomes the new Captain America after the original Cap is killed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucky#The_new_Captain_America

This also ties in behind the scenes regarding the contract Sebastian Stan (The Winter Soldier) signed, which is for 9 films. Why so many if he isn't eventually taking Chris Evans' place?

Political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability when the actions of the Avengers lead to collateral damage. The new status quo deeply divides members of the team. Captain America (Chris Evans) believes the heroes should remain free to defend humanity without government interference. Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) sharply disagrees and supports oversight. As the debate escalates into an all-out feud, Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) must pick a side.

https://www.google.com/search?q=CAPTAIN+AMERICA%3A+CIVIL+WAR&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

---

Right now, this stands to top both Avengers films IMO both financially and in terms of actual story value. I feel so much more invested in this than I did in either of the first two Avengers films. This feels like it'll be taken as seriously as The Winter Soldier was, which isn't shocking considering The Winter Soldier is clearly an integral part of this film.

This is going to top any Marvel movie made thus far, and become the best one yet. Yes, better than the first Avengers and better than Guardians Of The Galaxy, which IMO, is top 3, along with the first Iron Man.

This is going to top any Marvel movie made thus far, and become the best one yet. Yes, better than the first Avengers and better than Guardians Of The Galaxy, which IMO, is top 3, along with the first Iron Man.

Better than Howard the Duck?

Spider-Man is now back with Marvel Studios, not just Sony, he will be getting a new set of movies. And i'm stoked for it.

Im tired of starting Spiderman over and over again. The second reboot was awful, the third one was ok though. I still liked Toby McGuire as Spiderman.

Im tired of starting Spiderman over and over again. The second reboot was awful, the third one was ok though. I still liked Toby McGuire as Spiderman.

I enjoyed Tobey as well, also enjoyed Andrew Garfield, but I think this new kid is going to knock it out of the park. And Spidey is right back where he belongs, with Marvel.

They're almost certainly going to kill him off when he steps aside. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone since none of this is actually finalized to my knowledge, but there is a comics storyline they can go down that would help them with this, and they've already laid the groundwork for it.

The Winter Soldier becomes the new Captain America after the original Cap is killed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucky#The_new_Captain_America

This also ties in behind the scenes regarding the contract Sebastian Stan (The Winter Soldier) signed, which is for 9 films. Why so many if he isn't eventually taking Chris Evans' place?

He is signed on through a couple more movies, so I don't know that they will follow this exactly, but it is coming, eventually.

• 1 month later...

Archived