PDA

View Full Version : NHL Concludes Investigation of Patrick Kane; Finds Allegations "Unfounded"

Phil in Absentia
03-09-2016, 03:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdIe1ATWwAAXDYT.jpg:large

:tweet: @reporterchris: The NHL says allegations against Patrick Kane were "unfounded." He met face-to-face with Gary Bettman this week to conclude investigation.

Morphinity
03-09-2016, 03:26 PM
Good. Glad this case is closed. It won't erase Kane's social stigma unfortunately. I see so many clowns on Twitter still calling for his head.

I just saw someone call this report "victim shaming." What a fucking joke.

Phil in Absentia
03-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Good. Glad this case is closed. It won't erase Kane's social stigma unfortunately. I see so many clowns on Twitter still calling for his head.

I just saw someone call this report "victim shaming." What a fucking joke.

I see just as many claiming they knew he wasn't guilty well before the courts/NHL did. Equally as flawed. The opposing pole that no one should be at when it comes to this kind of hero worship or iconoclasticism.

Morphinity
03-09-2016, 03:40 PM
I see just as many claiming they knew he wasn't guilty well before the courts/NHL did. Equally as flawed. The opposing pole that no one should be at when it comes to this kind of hero worship or iconoclasticism.

Absolutely, but the fact of the matter is that he isn't guilty. The people patting themselves on the back are just "called it" people. They're flawed in their views, but they're not in denial like these social justice warriors out there. There were no charges pressed and there was no wrong doing reported by multiple sources. So who, exactly, is the proverbial "victim" here? Why are we still protecting or going to bat for someone who very likely brought about extremely serious false allegations against another person?

Patrick Kane is not a rapist in the eyes of the law, the only eyes that really matter - and not in the way that OJ isn't a murderer. But, to some people, it didn't matter what happened with this investigation because it just validated some preconceived notions they had based on other biases or hearsay.

Just as a side note, if PK88 was actually tried and convicted and there were people still claiming he was innocent, I would ridicule them the same way. But that's not the case, and I'm just trying to point out the complete bias and hypocrisy I'm seeing out there.

Phil in Absentia
03-09-2016, 03:49 PM
No disagreement.

AmericanJesus
03-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Kane was either innocent or guilty in this instance. Law enforcement and the justice system doesn't determine innocent or guilt. They presume it. There are facts and there are opinions. Our justice system is an opinion process based on law, procedure, evidence examination and testimony. Even in the most clear cut cases, we still have humans passing judgement.