PDA

View Full Version : Suspension/Fine: ARI [D] Jarred Tinordi Suspended 20 Games for Violating NHL/NHLPA PED Program

Phil in Absentia
03-09-2016, 11:13 AM
:tweet: @GinoRedaTSN: Coyotes Jarred Tinordi
suspended for 20 gms for violating NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program. @TSNHockey

Cash or Czech?
03-09-2016, 07:45 PM
It's funny because his enhanced performance is barely enough to keep him at bottom pairing NHL defenseman level.

Captain Clutch
03-09-2016, 08:24 PM
It's funny because his enhanced performance is barely enough to keep him at bottom pairing NHL defenseman level.

The NHL players that have been found using PED's seem to often be bottom pair guys or 4th liners. Makes you think where'd they be playing without them.

Dunny
03-09-2016, 08:30 PM
Do we know what PED?

Cash or Czech?
03-09-2016, 08:33 PM
The NHL players that have been found using PED's seem to often be bottom pair guys or 4th liners. Makes you think where'd they be playing without them.

The same thing happens in minor league baseball IIRC.

Dunny
03-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Minor league baseball drug program is stricter than the MLBPA agreement. Some stuff that gets you suspended in MiLB only warrants a fine in MLB and isn't publicized. This is what happened to Marcus Stroman.

Phil in Absentia
03-09-2016, 11:14 PM

If you ask me, the PED's being used in hockey are almost certainly to heal quicker. Not to get stronger or faster or to try and gain some kind of physical edge. It's about not being bruised and banged up and limping around every night.

Mike
03-10-2016, 04:58 AM
If you ask me, the PED's being used in hockey are almost certainly to heal quicker. Not to get stronger or faster or to try and gain some kind of physical edge. It's about not being bruised and banged up and limping around every night.

There's a different PED for everything you mentioned. I'm sure they're taken for all of your reasons. A lot of baseball players seem to take them for quicker healing as well, and probably more so for pitchers.