PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: WSH Trade [F] Brooks Laich, [D] Connor Carrick, 2nd for TOR's [F] Daniel Winnik + 5th

Faiz
02-29-2016, 02:24 AM
The Washington Capitals traded forward Brooks Laich, defenseman Connor Carrick and a second-round pick at the 2016 NHL Draft to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Sunday for forward Daniel Winnik and a fifth-round pick in 2016.

https://www.nhl.com/news/capitals-trade-brooks-laich-to-maple-leafs-for-daniel-winnik/c-279235388

-------------------
Sorry for shortening title, wouldn't fit.

McDougalfaschnitzer
02-29-2016, 03:50 AM
Gotta suck to go from a juggernaut to the Leafs.

Mike
02-29-2016, 09:05 AM
If I was Laich, I'd end Ovechkin's season if they play them again this year.

Future
02-29-2016, 09:09 AM
This reeks of a move for the sake of making a move, totally pointless from a hockey sense but a big win for Toronto.

Phil in Absentia
02-29-2016, 09:12 AM
This reeks of a move for the sake of making a move, totally pointless from a hockey sense but a big win for Toronto.

Gave Caps cap flexibility in bailing on Laich's deal, who TOR agreed to take in exchange for a second-round pick to add to their stockpile.

It makse sense.

Future
02-29-2016, 09:32 AM
I guess it depends on who the extra space allows them to get. But from a hockey sense, yes, it is pointless. Winnik adds nothing to that roster.

Cash or Czech?
02-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Laich sucks and was on their fourth line while making $4m. That's not worth 7 points. He did it to himself, honestly. Gives them plenty of room for a supplementary move today.

Morphinity
02-29-2016, 09:35 AM
I hope the Capitals tinker too much

Pete
02-29-2016, 09:44 AM
I hope the Capitals tinker too much
I think Laich was a big locker room guy, IIRC.

Kind of a glue player.

Wonder what this does to their room...

NYR2711
02-29-2016, 10:13 AM
At least til his is good for us, he was always a Ranger killer like Chimera. He always played tough against us.

Future
02-29-2016, 10:16 AM
Laich sucks and was on their fourth line while making $4m. That's not worth 7 points. He did it to himself, honestly. Gives them plenty of room for a supplementary move today.
Yea, but like Pete said, he's a "glue guy." That's a big deal when it comes to making a cup run, especially if you aren't going to replace him with difference maker on the ice.

When we traded Cally, we lost a glue guy, but we brought back MSL who was instrumental in getting us to the SCF. So if the Caps trade Laich, then they better be bringing back someone who is going to make them noticeably better, which I have my doubts about.

Also, OV loves Laich.

Alex Ovechkin ‏@ovi8 10h10 hours ago
Me and u together since my 1st year..We make this team together! Im gonna miss u bro good luck to u!Gonna miss u! ❤️
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcW7HnxW0AAfwxq.jpg

Morphinity
02-29-2016, 10:31 AM
Maybe Ovechkin will have trouble scoring now :slats:

Phil in Absentia
02-29-2016, 10:40 AM
I guess it depends on who the extra space allows them to get. But from a hockey sense, yes, it is pointless. Winnik adds nothing to that roster.

Right, I agree there. Winnik isn't really gonna do much. Another Glencross. He'll be on their fourth line. But he'll be on their fourth line for like half of what Laich was on their fourth line for. That's the key. Maybe it lets them add that D they want? Hamhuis?