PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: WPG Trades [F] Andrew Ladd to CHI for [F] Marko Dano, 2016 1st, Conditional Pick

Phil in Absentia
02-25-2016, 07:44 PM
:tweet: @DarrenDreger: Ladd traded to Chicago. Details to follow.

:tweet: @FriedgeHNIC: Ladd for Dano and first, plus a conditional pick

:tweet: @DarrenDreger: Marko Dano, 1st in 2016 and a conditional for Ladd, Harrison and Fraser. Wpg retains 36% of Ladd's remaining salary.

Phil in Absentia
02-25-2016, 07:46 PM
:tweet: @MattBarnaby3636: Ladd for Dano and 1st. Is what I'm hearing

Cash or Czech?
02-25-2016, 07:50 PM
Dano reminds me of Erixon. He's touted as a good prospect and keeps getting traded. Joe Morrow, too. 'Peg still got a decent haul with a prospect and a 1st for a scoring winger. No reason Yandle can't fetch a similar if slightly downgraded return.

Cash or Czech?
02-25-2016, 07:52 PM
@DarrenDreger
Marlo Dano, 1st in 2016 and a conditional for Ladd, Harrison and Fraser. Wpg retains 36% of Ladd's remaining salary.

Kevin
02-25-2016, 07:59 PM
Dano reminds me of Erixon. He's touted as a good prospect and keeps getting traded. Joe Morrow, too. 'Peg still got a decent haul with a prospect and a 1st for a scoring winger. No reason Yandle can't fetch a similar if slightly downgraded return.

I don't know...I thought he was pretty good for Columbus but when Saad is available of course you unload him. Same thing here. If Winnipeg says we want Dano included in the Ladd deal you do it without thinking twice...especially with the emergence of other kids like Danault.

TheDozen
02-25-2016, 10:45 PM
Rich get richer I suppose.

Cash or Czech?
02-26-2016, 07:06 AM
Chicago somehow has only not had a first round pick in last year's draft. Before that? 1996. Pretty shocking with all of the dynasty-like success that they've had.

Vodka Drunkenski
02-26-2016, 08:04 AM
Chicago somehow has only not had a first round pick in last year's draft. Before that? 1996. Pretty shocking with all of the dynasty-like success that they've had.

Kane and Toews were first round picks. 1st and 3rd overall

Cash or Czech?
02-26-2016, 08:25 AM
Kane and Toews were first round picks. 1st and 3rd overall

Right, my point is that they've won championships without giving away first round picks.

They had first rounders every year from 1997 to 2014. Last year was the first time in that span they didn't have one, and now this year will be two in a row.

Vodka Drunkenski
02-26-2016, 08:34 AM
Right, my point is that they've won championships without giving away first round picks. They had first rounders every year from 1997 to 2014. Last year was the first time in that span they didn't have one, and now this year will be two in a row.

Oh ok, I misunderstood your point.

Future
02-26-2016, 08:50 AM
They traded away seasons instead.

Future
02-26-2016, 08:54 AM
I don't know...I thought he was pretty good for Columbus but when Saad is available of course you unload him. Same thing here. If Winnipeg says we want Dano included in the Ladd deal you do it without thinking twice...especially with the emergence of other kids like Danault.
It's a lot easier to trade Dano when he hasn't done squat in North America.

I don't understand why he's regarded as a such a great prospect anyways. He's undersized and has only had 1 season in his career where he averaged over a PPG...in the Slovakian U20 league.

Blue Heaven
02-26-2016, 08:55 AM
So much for that philosophy that teams werent going to give up 1st round draft picks at the trade deadline.