• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Best Individual Acting Performance

Can't pick just one. But THESE actors come to mind when I think of great performances. In no particular order:

Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood

Jack Nicholson in The Shining

F. Murray Abraham in Amadeus

Montgomery Clift in Judgment at Nuremberg

Maximillian Schell in Judgment at Nuremberg

Richard Jordan in Gettysburg

Peter Sellers in Dr. Strangelove

Richard Burton in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?*

Elizabeth Taylor in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?*

*That film can be shown in acting schools. There is not another film I have ever seen where a dialogue driven plot is sustained at such a high level of acting from start to finish.

Judging by this thread I think its safe to say Tom Hanks is a brilliant actor, and one of the best of this generation.

What I admire so much about Daniel Day Lewis is how he really has never done that many films, who only does those he deems worthy, he simply doesn't sell himself to lesser roles.

Judging by this thread I think its safe to say Tom Hanks is a brilliant actor, and one of the best of this generation.

What I admire so much about Daniel Day Lewis is how he really has never done that many films, who only does those he deems worthy, he simply doesn't sell himself to lesser roles.

Rep when im on a comp

This is almost impossible to name ONE that is the best. But Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York and Jack Nicholson in one flew over the cuckoos nest and the shining comes to mind, as is Christian Bale in American Psycho and De Niro in Taxi Driver,

Archived