PDA

View Full Version : Injury Report: Carey Price Likely Done For The Season

Blue Heaven
02-12-2016, 12:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/carey-price-done--habs-won-t-confirm-for--marketing--value--report-154936162.html

According to a source, to La Presse:

"The team doesn't think he'll be back for the regular season at this point, wondering whether it is really worth it to try and push for him to come back, said an unnamed source with knowledge of the situation. They can's say that publicly, they want to keep any hopes alive, however small. They don't want fans to quit on their team. There is a marketing element to this."

Cash or Czech?
02-12-2016, 02:24 PM
They're only three points out of a playoff spot, albeit with two more games played than the 8th seed. Keeping the glimmer of hope alive is smart from a marketing perspective as long as the team has a shot at the playoffs.

Mentosman42
02-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Fuck the Canadiens but I feel bad for Price.

Morphinity
02-12-2016, 05:05 PM
Just a really shitty situation and you have to hope whatever he has isn't a chronic condition and can be kept at bay so he can have a long career.

SaveByRichter35
02-13-2016, 06:02 PM
As a Ranger fan I'm glad we have a slim to none chance of worrying about him come playoffs. As a goalie, I hate seeing him hurt because I absolutely love watching him play.

Karan
02-13-2016, 06:15 PM
What exactly happened to him anyway? I thought when the injury happened initially they predicted it was minor and would only keep him out for 2-3 weeks max.

CreaseCrusader91
02-13-2016, 06:38 PM
What exactly happened to him anyway? I thought when the injury happened initially they predicted it was minor and would only keep him out for 2-3 weeks max.

I believe injury to MCL that could have been fixed with surgery but they wanted him to do rehab. Re injured during recovery.

Karan
02-17-2016, 07:55 PM
Makes sense. Well they might as well shut him down for the season and get the surgery done to come back stronger next year. It's not like that team is going anywhere this season.

Respecttheblue
02-25-2016, 06:02 PM
They were so hot there for a while. Maybe it goes to show that a huge ding in the goaltending can have other knock-on effects. Not unlike when our goaltending went stone cold for a while ... so did the rest of the team.

Slobberknocker
02-26-2016, 01:13 PM

sounds like our situation with Nash.

Travis Bickle
04-06-2016, 05:19 PM
Canadiens put end to months of Price injury speculation

BROSSARD, Que. — The Montreal Canadiens put an end to over four months of speculation Wednesday by divulging the nature of goaltender Carey Price’s injury that has kept him out of the lineup since November.

The Canadiens revealed that last season’s Vezina Trophy and Hart Memorial Trophy winner suffered an MCL sprain to his right knee against the New York Rangers on Nov. 25.

Price missed eight games from Oct. 30 to Nov. 19 with an unrelated injury before returning against the New York Islanders on Nov. 20. He appeared in one more game before suffering the knee injury in the second period against the Rangers.

“The recovery process can be long in the case of an elite netminder such as Carey, due to the high demand placed on this anatomical structure by modern goaltending techniques,” Montreal’s head physician Dr. Vincent Lacroix said in a team release. “He is expected to make a full recovery over the off-season.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-put-end-months-price-injury-speculation/