PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Kane's Stellar Season Marred Again by Another Sexual Assault Accusation?

Phil in Absentia
01-21-2016, 01:17 PM
:tweet: @sarah_connors: #tw #Kane here is that story with all names removed. Be warned that it is incredibly graphic. http://imgur.com/a/ZCheZ

--

I have no idea about the validity of this, but Travis Yost of TSN just referenced it on Twitter, so I'd imagine it's going to pick up steam shortly.

Vodka Drunkenski
01-21-2016, 01:19 PM
Link doesn't exist

Phil in Absentia
01-21-2016, 01:29 PM
URL was fucked up. Works now.

jjweimar
01-21-2016, 01:41 PM
If this is true, I would imagine you would have a lot more women come out and admit things or allege things. Interesting, don't buy it yet, but would like to know more and the story is disguising if true.

Shanahammer
01-21-2016, 01:43 PM
I doubt its true. Not a single girl went into the bathroom while all this is happening over a span of 5-7 minutes?

Dunny
01-21-2016, 01:49 PM
I doubt its true. Not a single girl went into the bathroom while all this is happening over a span of 5-7 minutes?

Woman going to bathroom alone? Doubtful.

Mike
01-21-2016, 01:52 PM
I looked up the Hawks schedule from last year. They played in LA on Saturday, Nov 29. Their next game was home on Dec 3. She said it was a Sunday night. Teams generally leave town after a game unless they have a couple of days off but are continuing a road trip. If they're returning home, it's not likely they'd still be in the visiting city the following night. I'm not saying she's lying, I'm not saying he's innocent, I'm not defending him. I'm just throwing the dates out there as fact, and saying what the USUAL protocol is for teams. That doesn't mean teams ALWAYS split the night of, or next morning. Maybe they had a team trip to Disney. Who knows ?

Edit: She said she went with her friend to watch the game in a bar, so it had to be Saturday night.

Dunny
01-21-2016, 02:15 PM
Why couldn't Travis Yost do this same research before slandering Patrick Kane?

Johnnydollaz18
01-21-2016, 02:36 PM
The timeline seems off, could be out for attention. We'll see.

Morphinity
01-21-2016, 02:44 PM
This is a random blog post. No attention should be paid to this.

BlairBettsBlocksEverything
01-21-2016, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't exactly call this a reliable source but with anyone who is accussed, for something like this to go viral certainly adds some fuel to the fire. This definitely isn't someone looking for internet fame though, as it seems they are trying to remain anonymous.

Future
01-21-2016, 03:00 PM
It really shouldn't be that difficult to track whether or not their plane left on the 29th or 30th and, if it left on the 30th, it should be pretty easy to verify whether he was at a bar or in the hotel or what.

But there are all kinds of things in this story that just make it seem kind of unbelievable. Just the narrative seems too....convenient. Not saying I don't believe it, necessarily, but a totally un-verifiable story on the heels of the other accusation dying down and then just lump him in with two guys who have recently been accused of similar crimes seems like a good way to vilify Kane. Idk.

Shanahammer
01-21-2016, 03:06 PM
Why wouldn't you go to the police if you know he's already been investigated for something similar?

01-21-2016, 03:09 PM
Why wouldn't you go to the police if you know he's already been investigated for something similar?

I believe it's a pretty common thing with victims of rape or sexual assault. Many think that nobody will believe them, or that they deserved it for whatever reason. Let's not victim blame. Maybe this story is true, maybe it isn't. There's no way any of us will know.

I tend to feel that, where there's smoke, there's fire. Cosby had countless accusers. Eventually it got to the point where you would think there's no way he didn't do it. I'm not saying that applies to Kane yet but it's troubling.

Future
01-21-2016, 03:09 PM
Well this would have happened before the recent accusation.

Dunny
01-21-2016, 03:10 PM

Because Tumblr

Shanahammer
01-21-2016, 03:19 PM
Well this would have happened before the recent accusation.

Was this November 2014 or 2015? If its the former than I take back what I said.

Edit: Nevermind, it was 2014.

DiJock94
01-21-2016, 03:36 PM
It's very detailed story, my gut makes me believe it honestly. No way to know but if it's true the graphic nature of the story kind of made me sick.

Future
01-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Flight for a 7 p.m. game left at 11:26. Anything else is a real tough sell...assuming this is accurate anyways.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZRWf3CWwAENqlS.jpg

Mike
01-21-2016, 03:41 PM
What's with the constant smiling by Kane that she repeatedly mentions?? That alone makes it seem odd. It's like the fuckin Shining.

Phil in Absentia
01-21-2016, 03:44 PM
:tweet: @ChrisKuc: I saw the latest Patrick Kane thing. I can't confirm the Hawks left on the plane immediately after that game. They may have stayed over.

Morphinity
01-21-2016, 03:45 PM
It was the end of a long road trip (the annual circus road trip). I doubt they stayed over.

Morphinity
01-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Does no one else think this reads like a fan fiction? The attention to detail is just astounding.

Mike
01-21-2016, 03:49 PM
It was the end of a long road trip (the annual circus road trip). I doubt they stayed over.

Like I said, anything is possible. There could have been bad weather, bus broke down, whatever ... But a team usually won't stay until the next night. That means they would have left Monday to head back for a home game. Not likely. It costs the org a lot of money forno reason. If they were going to another road game 2 days out, then I'd say ok. The league has a mandatory 24 hour rule. They must be in the city they're next game is in within 24 hours, or they get a million dollar fine. Schedule pending.

Shanahammer
01-21-2016, 03:49 PM
Worth noting that apparently this was a comment on a post on a Hawks erotic fan-fiction site. Not sure how to embed tweets but apparently Wyshynski posted that.

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/690262471135862784

Morphinity
01-21-2016, 03:54 PM
Like I said, anything is possible. There could have been bad weather, bus broke down, whatever ... But a team usually won't stay until the next night. That means they would have left Monday to head back for a home game. Not likely. It costs the org a lot of money forno reason. If they were going to another road game 2 days out, then I'd say ok. The league has a mandatory 24 hour rule. They must be in the city they're next game is in within 24 hours, or they get a million dollar fine. Schedule pending.
I'd be surprised. It was the end of a long road trip, weekend of Thanksgiving. Everyone probably just wants to get home.

We'll see.

Future
01-21-2016, 03:54 PM
Worth noting that apparently this was a comment on a post on a Hawks erotic fan-fiction site. Not sure how to embed tweets but apparently Wyshynski posted that.

If you go through it, apparently it was a response to a LiveJournal post that someone wrote defending Kane (link is now private I guess).

But the fact that this sort of accusation came out there, of all places, makes it even more unbelievable.

Morphinity
01-21-2016, 03:55 PM
Wait, weren't the Blackhawks on 24/7 (or whatever the fuck they call it) last season? This is right about the time they start taping. Someone check the video.

phillyb™
01-21-2016, 03:56 PM

http://i.imgur.com/CoLxGnt.png

who's that guy?

Pete
01-21-2016, 04:08 PM
Does no one else think this reads like a fan fiction? The attention to detail is just astounding.

And the writing is quite creative. It was novel-esque.

Dunny
01-21-2016, 04:11 PM
It's garbage. Yost should be fired.

01-21-2016, 04:19 PM
people create Toews/Kane sexual fan fiction?

Mike
01-21-2016, 04:19 PM
Chances are that I've had more sexual contact with Pete in the locker room than Kane did with this girl in a bar bathroom, but all of the shit surrounding him makes people raise a brow in the least. Shame.

Future
01-21-2016, 05:46 PM
people create Toews/Kane sexual fan fiction?
You mean you've never fantasized about Henrik or G, depending on your tastes in men?

Future
01-21-2016, 05:49 PM
OH MY GOD

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6094100/5/Dirty-Little-Secret

Phil in Absentia
01-21-2016, 05:59 PM
This is the most perplexing thing I've come across on the Internet in a while. Sexualized sports fan fiction!?

Morphinity
01-21-2016, 06:02 PM
Okay okay. I'll admit it...

I wrote that

Dunny
01-21-2016, 06:22 PM
It's a real thing. I remember about a decade ago there was a lot of this on the internet about teenaged OHL players.

I just remember being so fucking jealous.

Morphinity
01-22-2016, 09:40 AM
I'm going to link to the Reddit comment instead of trying to quote it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/421nyr/announcement_regarding_patrick_kane_allegations/cz6xh7a

Basically this whole thing is horseshit. In pretty much every unofficial way (without a statement from the Blackhawks themselves) this thing was debunked to be physically impossible. The Blackhawks did not stay overnight in LA. They left 2 hours after their game ended.

I'm so sick of the hockey "journalists" who believe anything they come across. This should have been given zero attention, but since these losers have a hard-on for creating drama and "justice" they ran with it and lent it credence.

Lt. Dan
01-22-2016, 09:46 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/421nyr/announcement_regarding_patrick_kane_allegations/cz6xh7a

Basically this whole thing is horseshit. In pretty much every unofficial way (without a statement from the Blackhawks themselves) this thing was debunked to be physically impossible. The Blackhawks did not stay overnight in LA. They left 2 hours after their game ended.

I'm so sick of the hockey "journalists" who believe anything they come across. This should have been given zero attention, but since these losers have a hard-on for creating drama and "justice" they ran with it and lent it credence.

Which reinforces what Dunny said a few posts back, Yost should be fired.

Phil in Absentia
01-22-2016, 09:49 AM
Yost doesn't need to be fired. His tweet didn't endorse this as fact. It was reactionary. He just needs to take a moment next time to fully appreciate the content and whether or not he belongs commenting on it yet.

Similar to users who rush to retweet fake accounts at deadline day because they can't be bothered taking an extra click or two to double-check it's coming from a verified one.

Pete
01-22-2016, 09:51 AM

From what I can see, this @sarah_connors person is really a nobody. Yost just referenced the story on his twitter, he didn't link it or anything.

This is really the problem with social media/bloggers, in general. Web 2.0...folks have no skin in the game.

Phil in Absentia
01-22-2016, 10:16 AM
From what I can see, this @sarah_connors person is really a nobody. Yost just referenced the story on his twitter, he didn't link it or anything. This is really the problem with social media/bloggers, in general. Web 2.0...folks have no skin in the game.

Agreed. Even I should have thought twice about posting it here.

Morphinity
01-22-2016, 10:39 AM
Phil should be fired.

Phil in Absentia
01-22-2016, 11:33 AM
Change your handle to Rangers Justice Warrior.

Shanahammer
01-22-2016, 11:45 AM
I made the mistake of looking at a few of that girl's tweets, holy shit she seems like a psycho.