PDA

View Full Version : Brian McGrattan Knocked Out, Stretchered Off After AHL Fight

Phil in Absentia
01-19-2016, 11:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uynSbumHzBI

--

Terrifying.

Dunny
01-19-2016, 11:13 PM
McGrattan was feeding him pretty good too.

Lt. Dan
01-19-2016, 11:20 PM
Omg he landed right on his face D:

Phil in Absentia
01-19-2016, 11:24 PM
McGrattan was feeding him pretty good too.

Yeah, just one good shot and he went down like a ton of bricks. So scary.

Karan
01-19-2016, 11:53 PM
Wow yikes...that right put him down instantly. Scary for sure.

Future
01-20-2016, 09:00 AM
I hate to see guys like this still playing.

It's one thing to be a scrapper in the NHL, but when those days are over, hang em up. A guy like McGrattan has nothing left to prove.

Kevin
01-20-2016, 09:00 AM
At some point you would think the crowd would stop cheering and show some real concern. The punch caused the knockout but his face/head hitting the ice like that makes me concerned for his long-term health. That was bad.

phillyb™
01-20-2016, 09:02 AM
At some point you would think the crowd would stop cheering and show some real concern. The punch caused the knockout but his face/head hitting the ice like that makes me concerned for his long-term health. That was bad.

yeah, dude went down hard and faceplanted the ice. that's no good.

Cash or Czech?
01-20-2016, 12:02 PM
:tweet:@bigern10

Thanks for all the msgs. Everything is fine i am not dead and will be back shortly!! Been around a long time and know the risks!!

DiJock94
01-20-2016, 12:07 PM
That's a great tweet. Relieved he is alright.

RichieNextel305
01-20-2016, 12:10 PM
McGrattan is a tough, tough dude. Seeing him flattened like that was pretty disturbing.

Phil in Absentia
01-20-2016, 01:55 PM
“It looked a lot worse than it was,” he answers. “That’s what can happen. I’ve been the top dog for a long time. I was humble as the top guy, and you’re humble when you lose. It’s not a big shot to the ego. As for being scared in the future? No chance. I’m going to play the same way, and if I have to fight, that’s the way it is. I’ve done that to guys, that’s the brutality of that job.

“But I’m not stupid when it comes to injuries. I’ve had concussions. You let them ride out, don’t battle through them, wait until fully healed before returning to play. I always see how my body feels. If it says you don’t go, you don’t go.

“We have one more game next week before the (AHL All-Star) break. If I’m not ready by then, I’ll wait until after.”

He knows what question is coming next. The question about fighting. He cuts me off.

“Let’s face it, it’s not going to be around much longer.”

“There’s more good things in my life now then before. People on the outside care for me. I know it’s a scary thing to watch, but I’m not scared at all.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/brian-mcgratton-on-knockout-playing-scared-and-family/

Slobberknocker
01-26-2016, 02:06 PM
that takes me back to kypreos getting knocked cold and snoring on the ice

Blue Heaven
01-26-2016, 02:29 PM
that takes me back to kypreos getting knocked cold and snoring on the ice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGe8lRfLGoU