PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: CBJ Trades [F] Ryan Johansen to NSH for [D] Seth Jones

Phil in Absentia
01-06-2016, 02:49 PM
:tweet: @TSNBobMcKenzie: "@Aportzline: Keep hearing trade talks between #CBJ and #Preds have intensified." NSH looking for offence. Johansen? Drouin? At what price?

:tweet: @DarrenDreger: Many options. Rychel, Tyutin, Johansen. Return from Preds would have to include a good young D if Johansen involved https://t.co/9HZlhzaNKY

--

Update:

:tweet: @SportsCentre: BREAKING: Columbus Blue Jackets trade F Ryan Johansen to the Nashville Predators for D Seth Jones.

Future
01-06-2016, 03:04 PM
If Johansen is the target, you'd have to think that Seth Jones is going the other way, unless they like his ceiling over Josi.

NYRangers92
01-06-2016, 06:34 PM
If Johansen is the target, you'd have to think that Seth Jones is going the other way, unless they like his ceiling over Josi.

We have a winner

Lt. Dan
01-06-2016, 06:37 PM
:tweet:@SportsCentre: BREAKING: Columbus Blue Jackets trade F Ryan Johansen to the Nashville Predators for D Seth Jones.:tweet:

Looks like he's going to have to get that basketball court redone :D

DiJock94
01-06-2016, 06:39 PM
:tweet:@SportsCentre: BREAKING: Columbus Blue Jackets trade F Ryan Johansen to the Nashville Predators for D Seth Jones.:tweet:

Looks like he's going to have to get that basketball court redone :D

I wouldn't have done that if I was Nashville, but I can understand why they did

phillyb™
01-06-2016, 06:45 PM
i don't mind that trade at all. how's jones gonna work for torts? don't know too much about him or his style of play.

Cash or Czech?
01-06-2016, 06:45 PM
This is one of the most fair NHL to NHL deals that addresses both team's top needs, one of the only in recent memory I can remember.

!br-avery!
01-06-2016, 07:17 PM
done deal
johansen for seth jones
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ryan-johansen-and-seth-jones-swapped-in-mega-trade-with-predators-and-columbus-235127714.html

Lt. Dan
01-06-2016, 07:19 PM
;819923]i don't mind that trade at all. how's jones gonna work for torts? don't know too much about him or his style of play.

I don't see why he wouldn't excel under him. Torts did an excellent job with defensemen here. Particularly Del Zotto and Stralman.

He will be fine IMO

Johnnydollaz18
01-06-2016, 10:25 PM
I love this deal for Nashville. If Johansan can keep his head straight, pairing him with Neal or Forsberg is going to be very good for years to come. Nashville is deep on defense, best defense in the league, they could afford to part with Jones.

Phil in Absentia
01-06-2016, 10:29 PM
It's actually a solid deal for both teams. CBJ got a really, really nice big picture defenseman who projects as a No. 1, still on his ELC, for a player who was clearly on the outs and was a constant source of contention. Nashville finally has a 1C now and dealt from a position of depth that won't really hurt them.

This is a straight hockey trade.

Faiz
01-06-2016, 11:21 PM
As mentioned, this trade addressed both teams needs and was fair and pretty even. Win-Win Deal for both teams, pretty good trade.

I didn't see Johansen leaving CBJ, but I haven't been keeping up with CBJ so I don't know how their situation was looking.

Phil in Absentia
01-06-2016, 11:24 PM
As mentioned, this trade addressed both teams needs and was fair and pretty even. Win-Win Deal for both teams, pretty good trade.

I didn't see Johansen leaving CBJ, but I haven't been keeping up with CBJ so I don't know how their situation was looking.

Pretty bad.

http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?17252-The-Torts-Johansen-Relationship-Continues-to-Deteriorate

Morphinity
01-07-2016, 09:15 AM
Nashville gonna be sooo goooood.

Future
01-07-2016, 09:28 AM
If Johansen is on his game, Nashville is probably the best team in the West. Taking a bit of a gamble that Ekholm can play top 4 minutes, and their 3rd pair will be a bit of a question mark, but the added offense should compensate.

Morphinity
01-07-2016, 09:36 AM
If Johansen is on his game, Nashville is probably the best team in the West. Taking a bit of a gamble that Ekholm can play top 4 minutes, and their 3rd pair will be a bit of a question mark, but the added offense should compensate.

On paper, maybe.

But there's always the Hawks to contend for that. Same with the Blues, if they can ever get their shit together in the playoffs.

Future
01-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Well yea, nobody is going to run away with the West. But even the Hawks have holes, at least in my estimation, and I don't think the Nashville really does now. They're strong at every level.

Pete
01-07-2016, 10:19 AM
The Hawk's second line is better than most team's first line.

Puck Head
01-07-2016, 02:48 PM
The Hawk's second line is better than most team's first line.

That team is so freaking deep

Future
01-07-2016, 03:28 PM
I mean their top 6 is great, but after that they get virtually 0 production. They only have 7 forwards with 10+ points. By comparison, the Rangers have 9, MTL has 11, STL has 7, DAL has 9, WAS has 10. So it's not like Chicago is beating teams because they are deep. They are beating teams because they are top heavy, and their top guys are elite.

They've got the same issue on the back end. They rely almost entirely on 4 defensemen.

The Hawks make it work, but depth isn't what wins games for them. They could probably absorb one injury to the top 6, but I think they would really struggle with an injury to either Keith or Seabrook.

NYRangers92
01-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Anyone see that tweet of all the players Columbus has traded away since 2011? The forward group could probably win a cup:
Nash-Carter-Voracek
Gaborik-Johansen-Anisimov
Brassard-Vermette-Dano
Umberger-Marchessault-Dorsett

Wisniewski-Methot
Moore-Russell
Guenin-Nikitin

Mason

Johnnydollaz18
01-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Well, that has to be impossible, since some of those guys were traded for one another and can't be on the roster at the same time.

NYRangers92
01-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Thats not the point. Were they traded by Columbus after 2011? If yes then theyre on the list.

Pete
01-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Anyone see that tweet of all the players Columbus has traded away since 2011? The forward group could probably win a cup:
Nash-Carter-Voracek
Brassard-Vermette-Dano

Wisniewski-Methot
Moore-Russell
Guenin-Nikitin

MasonNo. :)

Morphinity
01-07-2016, 06:11 PM
Nash-Carter-Voracek
Brassard-Vermette-Dano

Wisniewski-Methot
Moore-Russell
Guenin-Nikitin

Mason
Here's the Rangers lineup since 2011

Marian Gaborik - Artem Anisimov - Ryan Callahan
Anthony Duclair - Brandon Dubinsky - Carl Hagelin
Ryan Haggerty - Lee Stempniak - Christian Thomas
John Scott - Kris Newbury - Derek Dorsett

John Moore - Michael Del Zotto
Tim Erixon - Michal Roszival
Justin Falk

Cam Talbot

Won't win a Cup, but plenty of sandpaper. That 4th line can kill someone

Phil in Absentia
01-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Jackets have moved a lot of bodies, but this is one instance I doubt they live to regret. Might be the fairest hockey trade they've ever done.

lefty9
01-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Right now this trade will help Nashville out A lot more

Pete
01-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Right now this trade will help Nashville out A lot more
Yes and no. They were a better team than cbj before the trade and after it. It really had nothing to do with the players swapped.

Both teams have filled holes with the trade, but that just means more to Nashville who is contending.

I would say both teams made out equally though.

lefty9
01-08-2016, 09:00 AM
Another reason , Jones still learning his trade, and is still not ready for big minutes, were Johansen is , and already has had a few good years

Pete
01-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Fair, but Jones will immediately step into a #1 role. Playing behind Weber/Josi doesn't mean you're not ready for big minutes.

Johansen is also struggling. Not sure if that's torts related though.