PDA

View Full Version : Suspension/Fine: Marchand Low Bridges Borowiecki, Suspended 3 Games

Phil in Absentia
12-30-2015, 11:36 AM
No stranger to the long arm of league law, Boston Bruins winger Brad Marchand may soon find himself answering a phone call from the NHL's Department of Player Safety.

Marchand delivered a blow seemingly near the knee of Ottawa Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki in Tuesday's game, flipping him over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGCgnV-GeE0

When asked about the incident after the game, Marchand said he was simply attempting to turn up the ice in pursuit of the puck carrier.

:rofl:

Enjoy another suspension, you little twerp.

He got five games for clipping Sami Salo years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGD5DbljtfE

Shane Falco
12-30-2015, 11:41 AM
I think he also speared Turris during the same game. Suspend that dirty bastard already.

torontonyr
12-30-2015, 12:06 PM
I think I'm the only one who doesn't have a problem with low bridging, as long as it's not interference.

Phil in Absentia
12-30-2015, 12:31 PM
Probably. I think it's one of the dirtiest and most dangerous hits you can throw, second only to head-checks. You can end a career in an instant.

torontonyr
12-30-2015, 12:38 PM
Probably. I think it's one of the dirtiest and most dangerous hits you can throw, second only to head-checks. You can end a career in an instant.

They're variations of the hip check, which I see as a class hit - so I don't really get bothered by them.

Phil in Absentia
12-30-2015, 12:42 PM
No, they aren't. Hip checks are performed hip-to-hip. Clipping is performed hip to anything lower than the hip. It's not a variation. It's clipping. It's submarining.

torontonyr
12-30-2015, 12:44 PM
No, they aren't. Hip checks are performed hip-to-hip. Clipping is performed hip to anything lower than the hip. It's not a variation. It's clipping. It's submarining.

Eh, that's arguable. These have been called at hip level. The call is usually made when the player's intent is to flip, rather than impact - from what I've witnessed.

I agree that you shouldn't take people out at their knees.

Future
12-30-2015, 12:57 PM
It baffles me that there are Rangers fans who want him here. I fucking hate marchand.

Dunny
12-30-2015, 12:58 PM
That Salo hit was brilliant.

torontonyr
12-30-2015, 12:58 PM
It baffles me that there are Rangers fans who want him here. I fucking hate marchand.

Better to have a son of a bitch working for you than against you. - Vince McMahon

phillyb™
12-30-2015, 02:23 PM

i'm still 100% in favor of bringing in marchand. i'd rather have a guy who scores 20+ goals and plays with a chip on his shoulder than kreider or hayes.

Phil in Absentia
12-30-2015, 02:47 PM

Darius Kasparaitis. Daniel Carcillo. Matt Barnaby. Pat Verbeek. Sean Avery. Donald Brashear.

When the Devils is your own, you learn to love him. At least most of the time.

Dunny
12-30-2015, 03:07 PM
I know a guy who's career was end by Kaspar, and I quipped something like "wow you must hate him" and was told it's impossible to not like Kaspar even after he ruins your life.

Mike
12-30-2015, 03:28 PM
I know a guy who's career was end by Kaspar, and I quipped something like "wow you must hate him" and was told it's impossible to not like Kaspar even after he ruins your life.

Kaspar would knock mother fuckers out in men's league games in the summer. He blasted a buddy of mine that I used to play with. He said it was awesome.

Pete
12-30-2015, 05:07 PM
That's a good hit, if he had the puck. Marchand is so low, it was actually below the knee.

Phil in Absentia
12-30-2015, 06:27 PM
Marchand be like

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3041490/christian-back-body-drop-o.gif

Dis legal, rite?

Gorilla Salad
12-30-2015, 06:30 PM
The Nose Faced Killer strikes again.

Phil in Absentia
12-30-2015, 07:45 PM
:tweet: @NHLPlayerSafety: Boston’s Brad Marchand has been suspended 3 games for clipping Ottawa’s Mark Borowiecki. Video: https://t.co/hpu2gBu5DN

Vodka Drunkenski
12-30-2015, 07:51 PM
He needs double digits for the amount of douchebag moves

Slobberknocker
12-31-2015, 08:43 AM

i'd take him in a minute. send hayes and yandle to the bruins for him.

Future
12-31-2015, 09:21 AM
Darius Kasparaitis. Daniel Carcillo. Matt Barnaby. Pat Verbeek. Sean Avery. Donald Brashear.

When the Devils is your own, you learn to love him. At least most of the time.
Fuck all of those guys, except maybe Avery, who was never on a conference rival.

Was Verbeek a scumbag too? I don't remember him being one, but he was old by the time I was old enough to care lol

Phil in Absentia
12-31-2015, 09:40 AM
I'll take any player who is valuable to the Rangers, regardless of what jersey he may have worn yesterday.

Pat Verbeek was the original "little ball of hate". Before Theo Fleury (another addition to the list), Marchand, etc.

Johnnydollaz18
12-31-2015, 11:56 AM
As much as a scumbag as Marchand is, i'd still take him on this Rangers team. But, I can't fucking stand him. One of, if not the dirtiest player in the league.

Dunny
12-31-2015, 12:37 PM
I don't think there's a lot of Verbeek fans among NHL alumni.

I played against his kin and they where all the same, from the same shitty little town where they all play the same way and you're lucky to get out of the rink and town with out being physically assaulted.