PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: MTL Trades [F] Zack Kassian to EDM for [G] Ben Scrivens

thecurse0101
12-28-2015, 09:31 AM
wut.

The Montreal Canadiens acquired goaltender Ben Scrivens from the Edmonton Oilers on Monday in exchange for forward Zack Kassian.

Montreal has been in need of veteran goaltending depth in the absence of Carey Price, the reigning Vezina Trophy winner. Price has been out since Nov. 25 after he sustained his second lower-body injury of the season. The team has used rookie Mike Condon and backup Dustin Tokarski in his absence. There is no timeline on when Price will return to the Canadiens.

Dunny
12-28-2015, 09:32 AM
Wow, potential steal for Edmonton.

phillyb™
12-28-2015, 09:46 AM
why would MTL do this?

phillyb™
12-28-2015, 09:51 AM
:tweet: @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Oilers retain 24 percent of Scrivens salary in Kassian trade with Montreal

Phil in Absentia
12-28-2015, 09:58 AM
Montréal needs goaltending help and Kassian has been a problem child — I think twice now entering the Substance Abuse Program in the last month or two. They were cutting ties. They even assigned him to the IceDogs and then told him not to report, likely because they knew he was moving on and they didn't want him in that room.

Pete
12-28-2015, 09:59 AM
why would MTL do this?
Says in OP. Needed a vet with Price hurt? I mean... I guess?

Cash or Czech?
12-28-2015, 10:19 AM
Scrivens actually put up some decent numbers in Edmonton, it'll be interesting to see what he can do behind an NHL-caliber defense.

Slobberknocker
12-28-2015, 01:16 PM
Edm will be fine. they have Cam :thumbs:

Lt. Dan
12-28-2015, 03:09 PM
Scrivens actually put up some decent numbers in Edmonton, it'll be interesting to see what he can do behind an NHL-caliber defense.

I think he's a better goalie then his stats led on. When he first got to EDM he was very good despite being peppered by shots. EDM's defense was terrible during his time there.