PDA

View Full Version : PIT [F] Pascal Dupuis Forced Into Retirement Due to Medical Issues

Phil in Absentia
12-08-2015, 03:03 PM
:tweet: @penguins: Pascal Dupuis will no longer play hockey because of a medical condition. Details: https://t.co/II0R5ciyPG https://t.co/BPjPumaxs2

Morphinity
12-08-2015, 03:12 PM
A real shame, especially with his TPT article in mind.

Best of luck to Dupuis and those eyebrows. I'd imagine he finds a spot on the team somewhere as a "coach" of some sort.

Keirik
12-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Thats a shame.

Vodka Drunkenski
12-08-2015, 05:16 PM
That sucks, I'm sure he will be taken care of within the organization or the NHL

Gorilla Salad
12-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Terrible news. Hopefully he does get a job with the Pens organization or the NHL.

I see they put him on LTIR. Is this route more financially beneficial to the Pen than if he retired?

Phil in Absentia
12-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Terrible news. Hopefully he does get a job with the Pens organization or the NHL.

I see they put him on LTIR. Is this route more financially beneficial to the Pen than if he retired?

No difference to them in terms of salary cap during the season. LTIR is effectively permanent, similar to Pronger, so they get back his $3.75M AAV (prorated this season). I believe his deal then goes back on their summer cap if he doesn't retire this summer, and because he has one year left he could again be put on LTIR next season to ride out the final year of his deal. He gets paid, the Pens get cap relief. It's win-win, so long as they can make it through the summer without going over the 10% allowance.

Respecttheblue
12-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Good luck to him, a fine player. (and almost a Ranger for the duration, had it not been for the lack of drive on that 06-07 team that required the presence Avery to shake it out of its apathy and dysfunction .)
A very tough road he traveled with that ailment.
Counting on Dupuis to become a member of the Pens staff.

ThirtyONE
12-10-2015, 03:27 PM
what happened to him?