PDA

View Full Version : ARI Exploring Relocations Options... Of Their Arena To Downtown Phoenix/ East Valley

CreaseCrusader91
12-07-2015, 11:01 PM
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- The Arizona Coyotes are actively researching plans for a new home in downtown Phoenix or in the city's East Valley, Coyotes co-owner and president Anthony Leblanc said Monday at the Board of Governors meeting.

The Coyotes' lease with Gila River Arena in Glendale expires after the 2016-17 season.

"We're in very progressed talks with the city of Phoenix and as well we forged a tight alliance with Arizona State University and we're having discussions with them about the potential for a facility," Leblanc said. "We're exploring those pretty aggressively."

Leblanc said Phoenix mayor Greg Stanton contacted the Coyotes this past summer after the City of Glendale backed out of its 15-year lease agreement with the hockey team. The Coyotes eventually settled with the city on a new two-year lease.

Stanton talked to the Coyotes about the potential for a new arena in downtown Phoenix that would be shared between the Coyotes, the Phoenix Suns of the NBA and potentially the Phoenix Mercury of the WNBA. He also talked about the Coyotes moving into their old home, and current home of the Suns, Talking Stick Resort Arena

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=791520

Phil in Absentia
12-07-2015, 11:06 PM
Good. Something people seem to forget is that the Yotes drew quite well when they played out of America West Arena in downtown Phoenix. It wasn't until the team moved more than an hour outside the city into Glendale, and got worse-and-worse by the years that the attendance plummeted.

With what they are selling now — Domi, Duclair, Dvorak, Domingue, Strome, Dauphin, Fischer, etc. they'll have no trouble at all selling tickets so long as this team can find a means to win some games and make the playoffs again in the coming years.

Dunny
12-08-2015, 08:35 AM
How many tax dollars to build a new arena?

Future
12-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Relocating to Seattle?
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt92/michaelproche/SEATTLE.jpg

I am Scags
12-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Well winning in a market like this is really what its all about to get fannies in the seats. Otherwise the only time their arena no matter where it is located isn't a ghost town is when the Chicago's, Detroit's, Philadelphia's, Boston's, and New York's come to town for the transplants to see their old teams.

Yes Dunny I'm curious on that as well. I highly doubt the owners in this case have the capital to build any new arena with their own buck

I am Scags
12-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Relocating to Seattle?
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt92/michaelproche/SEATTLE.jpg

God those are awful! HAHA

Future
12-08-2015, 09:58 AM
God those are awful! HAHA
lol, I thought they were pretty cool, but they were mostly just one of the first ones that came up on google

I am Scags
12-08-2015, 10:13 AM
lol, I thought they were pretty cool, but they were mostly just one of the first ones that came up on google

Well Seattle fans might like them since they do have the old Supersonics look, but I don't know I'm not crazy about them lol

ThirtyONE
12-08-2015, 02:56 PM
What an absolute cluster fuck of a team. Move back to PHX and bring back Picasso Dog jerseys. Now.