PDA

View Full Version : Rumor/Report: Matt Duchene an Early Name in Trade Rumors; Varlamov, Iginla Also in Play?

Phil in Absentia
11-12-2015, 05:28 PM
:tweet: @Hope_Smoke: Mckenzie "Duchene in Colorado is a name ppl are keeping an eye on. They need a blueline and have a surplus up front"

:tweet: @Hope_Smoke: Mckenzie RE Duchene "I don't think the coach is a big fan of him"

--

While he doesn't have the insider status McKenzie does, Adrian Dater also thinks the Avs will likely trade Duchene this season. And has tweeted that he expects Iginla to go to a contender at the deadline (https://twitter.com/adater/status/663918757291696129) and that Varlamov is someone the Avs are considering dangling (https://twitter.com/adater/status/663925420945969152) for trade bait too.

Morphinity
11-12-2015, 05:33 PM
I think the Avs are horribly mismanaged and horribly coached. The little reunion party they have going on in their front office (and on the bench) is killing them.

Their blueline is crowded, but it's crowded with crap. Trading Duchene just adds to that logjam. They need a new coach though more than anything, but I guess they'll give Roy a trade first.

Phil in Absentia
11-12-2015, 05:37 PM
Which is a reflection of poor drafting, which falls on the front office.

There's no hope the sell in the cupboards, because it's all on the ice already. MacKinnon, Landeskog and Duchene.

Morphinity
11-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Which is a reflection of poor drafting, which falls on the front office.

There's no hope the sell in the cupboards, because it's all on the ice already. MacKinnon, Landeskog and Duchene.

Nope, none at all. So long as they have Patrick Roy as their coach, they're destined for mediocrity, especially in that division. The only hope they have is if Varlamov or Berra give them an insane season like Roy's first year. They haven't gotten that so far.

Drew a Penalty
11-12-2015, 06:10 PM
I'd love Duchene.

Dunny
11-12-2015, 06:42 PM
More like Matt Stajan amirite?

That "Big 3" fom the Brampton Battalion (Duchene, Hodgson, Grachev) turned out to be awful. Duchene is the best and he's... ok.

Shanahammer
11-12-2015, 10:54 PM
Duchene is more than ok.