PDA

View Full Version : You're Named President of an NHL Expansion Team...

Phil in Absentia
10-29-2015, 03:59 PM
Fair warning: I'm 100% stealing this from #MvsW today. It's not my idea, but it's fucking brilliant, so thank you to the listener whose name I'm forgetting who wrote it in and asked Greg and Jeff.

--

You are named Preisdent of an NHL expansion team tomorrow. You need to fill out your entire front office from GM to Hockey Ops to the entire coaching staff. But there's a catch — you can only fill those ranks by selecting from the pool of NBC and/or Sportsnet personalities.

NBC Analysts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_on_NBC_commentators
Sportsnet Analysts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NHL_on_Sportsnet_commentators

GO!

Cash or Czech?
10-29-2015, 04:10 PM
All I know is my head scout and GM would be Pierre ;) :chug:

There's plenty of former forwards and defensemen on the lists. Eddie O, Bret Hedican, The Ferraros, the world's best trade chip Anson Carter. Mike Keenan a previous head coach. But shit would the front office be hard to fill. Maybe Bob McKenzie or Dreger.

NYRangers92
10-29-2015, 04:13 PM
Mike Milbury will be my VP of Fan/Community Relations

Morphinity
10-29-2015, 04:17 PM
President of Hockey Operations: Doug MacLean
General Manager: Pierre McGuire
Assistant General Manager: Jeff Marek
Assistant TO the General Manager: Kelly Hrudey
Special Assistant to the General Manager: Mike Milbury
Head Coach: Eddie Olcyzk
Assistant Coach: Nick Kypreos
Goalie Coach: Darren Pang
Strength and Conditioning Coach: Colby Armstrong

Phil in Absentia
10-29-2015, 04:19 PM
Mike Milbury will be my VP of Fan/Community Relations

:rofl:

"Mike, we need you out there this Saturday the impoverished Russian children of the community fan event..."

BlairBettsBlocksEverything
10-29-2015, 04:54 PM
Dreger for GM. He's got the inside scoop on all trades and knows whats going on. he'll make trades happen

Eddie Olczyk for coach cuz he has experience there at least

Kathryn Tappen for team masseuse

Mike
10-29-2015, 05:43 PM
All I know is my head scout and GM would be Pierre ;) :chug:

There's plenty of former forwards and defensemen on the lists. Eddie O, Bret Hedican, The Ferraros, the world's best trade chip Anson Carter. Mike Keenan a previous head coach. But shit would the front office be hard to fill. Maybe Bob McKenzie or Dreger.
The Ferraro brothers successfully bankrupted a youth organization in 2 years. Fwiw, the organization has been around since the 70's. So they go on the no fly list along with Milbury.

CreaseCrusader91
10-30-2015, 01:51 AM
EVP and Director of Hockey Operations: Don Cherry
General Manager: Doug MacLean
Assistant General Manager: Bob McKenzie
Director of Scouting: Jeff Marek

Head Coach: Craig Simpson
Assistant Coach: Brian Engblom
Assistant Coach: Jeremy Roenick

Video Coach: Drew Remenda
Goalie Coach: Kelly Hrudey
Strength and Conditioning Coach: Nick Kypreos

McDougalfaschnitzer
10-30-2015, 11:50 AM
I would create a ghost position that actually does nothing meaningful or noticeable, but take the financial hit to hire Pierre for that position so that hockey fans don't have to listen to him anymore.

Phil in Absentia
10-30-2015, 12:34 PM
Director of Janitorial Services?

NYRangers92
10-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Could put him to work as an in-arena attraction. Sorta like "Stump the Schwab" but hockey-centric and called "Stump the Knob". Or make him a torture device for unruly fans. If you fight in the stands you don't get kicked out of the arena, you just are tied to a chair and have to listen to him tell you about the childhoods of various players. If you can make it 15 minutes you can go back to your seat.

AmericanJesus
10-30-2015, 03:16 PM
When I saw the thread title, I thought we were going to get to do an Expansion Draft where teams couldn't protect anyone but could only lose 1 player each and your team had to be cap compliant. That would have been a good time.

Puck Head
10-30-2015, 03:31 PM
When I saw the thread title, I thought we were going to get to do an Expansion Draft where teams couldn't protect anyone but could only lose 1 player each and your team had to be cap compliant. That would have been a good time.

We did something similar to that in the old old board 14 years ago.

Everyone pretty much picked what was then the current rangers roster :)

Johnnydollaz18
10-30-2015, 03:34 PM

This is exactly what I was hoping for as well.

Morphinity
10-30-2015, 03:35 PM
So make the fuckin thread!

Phil in Absentia
10-30-2015, 03:47 PM

...do it.

AmericanJesus
10-30-2015, 03:48 PM
We did something similar to that in the old old board 14 years ago.

Everyone pretty much picked what was then the current rangers roster :)

That's why I said you can only take 1 player from each team.

AmericanJesus
10-30-2015, 03:48 PM
...do it.

....I'm lazy.

AmericanJesus
10-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Fine, I threw one together.

thes5
10-31-2015, 06:29 PM
The Ferraro brothers successfully bankrupted a youth organization in 2 years. Fwiw, the organization has been around since the 70's. So they go on the no fly list along with Milbury.

Which club was that?