PDA

View Full Version : MLB: 2015 World Series General Discussion Thread

Blue Heaven
10-28-2015, 09:04 AM
Better?

For some reason i'll probably be talking to myself b/c all you Mets cats will be venting/celebrate in your Mets thread, and probably only "celebrate" in this thread when the Mets win a game.

I guess since this is a World Series Thread.

LETS GO ROYALS!!!! which by the way I dont believe I have uttered once in the Mets thread.

Parsley
10-28-2015, 09:09 AM
Better?

For some reason i'll probably be talking to myself b/c all you Mets cats will be venting/celebrate in your Mets thread, and probably only "celebrate" in this thread when the Mets win a game.

I guess since this is a World Series Thread.

LETS GO ROYALS!!!! which by the way I dont believe I have uttered once in the Mets thread.

You couldn't simply start the thread?

There should be a World Series Discussion thread. Several non-Mets/Royals fans will surely chime in. Paging Dunny's "I told you so Mets fans"

Oh, LETS GO METS. Just need to get back to NY at 1-1

jjweimar
10-28-2015, 09:26 AM
That was an awesome game, there were definitely some sloppy moments but I really enjoyed the game. I'm a Mets fan. Congratulations Blue Heaven on the game one victory. I thought we had the game locked down when Familia came in, that was definitely a shock. Jake on the mound should be interesting.

Pete
10-28-2015, 09:29 AM
I can't see how the Mets lose this series, simply due to pitching.

The Royals aren't going to get an IPHR every game.

That was the difference, a botched fly ball.

Parsley
10-28-2015, 09:43 AM

Considering the starting pitchers the Mets face the next few games you'd imagine they'll do a better job with RISP. They simply CHOKED last night just like the Rangers in game vs. the Kings.

Blue Heaven
10-28-2015, 09:52 AM

Mets win this series if their starters go 7-8 innings each game....if their starters go 5-6 then you may have to give the edge to the Royals. Id be happy with a split and so far thats the worst case scenerio for the Royals, the key for the Royals is that Game 4 is a MUST win vs. Steven Matz....The first sign of trouble he encounters in the 4th-5th inning they will pull him, and thats where the Royals will have to tee off on the bullpen, and at least it be 2-2 going into Game 5.

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Couple things on this game

1. What was the deal with the home field scorer? I know it's just window dressing and doesn't change the play, but how is that Escobar 'in the park homerun' not scored a triple and an error or at least changed to that later? It was clear that there was miscommunication and that it then bounced off and the leg of Cespedes

2. Was I the only one thrilled that after the power went out that we lost Joe Buck for almost 30 minutes?

3. We can blame this loss on Wrights error, Familias home run, but the Mets lost this game with the fact that they left 11 runners on base. Granted KC left 13, but they still had the last out.

4. Lot of praise for Neise and Young for the stellar jobs they did. Only fitting that two guys that normally get lit up in big spots were strike out machines in the crucial latter half of the game

5. Sympathy to Ednison Volquez and his family in the loss of his dad. Heavy hearts all the way around

Vodka Drunkenski
10-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Considering the starting pitchers the Mets face the next few games you'd imagine they'll do a better job with RISP. They simply CHOKED last night just like the Rangers in game vs. the Kings.

Last night really reminded me of Rangers/Kings.

Blue Heaven
10-28-2015, 10:14 AM
1. b/c it was still a tough catch to make, on the run, backhand.
2. No, I was thrilled when it went to the MLB International Feed before they brought Joe Buck/Harold Reynolds took over their booth

Parsley
10-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Couple things on this game

1. What was the deal with the home field scorer? I know it's just window dressing and doesn't change the play, but how is that Escobar 'in the park homerun' not scored a triple and an error or at least changed to that later? It was clear that there was miscommunication and that it then bounced off and the leg of Cespedes

2. Was I the only one thrilled that after the power went out that we lost Joe Buck for almost 30 minutes?

3. We can blame this loss on Wrights error, Familias home run, but the Mets lost this game with the fact that they left 11 runners on base. Granted KC left 13, but they still had the last out.

4. Lot of praise for Neise and Young for the stellar jobs they did. Only fitting that two guys that normally get lit up in big spots were strike out machines in the crucial latter half of the game

5. Sympathy to Ednison Volquez and his family in the loss of his dad. Heavy hearts all the way around

6. Home Plate Ump was erratic. Especially with Harvey. He started fucking up calls for both teams in the later innings/extra innings.

Vodka Drunkenski
10-28-2015, 10:18 AM
1. b/c it was still a tough catch to make, on the run, backhand. 2. No, I was thrilled when it went to the MLB International Feed before they brought Joe Buck/Harold Reynolds took over their booth

It wasn't a tough catch, it was routine if he takes control of the play like a center fielder is suppose to do. Lagares should've started the game, not sure what Collins was thinking there. And speaking of Collins, for the love of God, please keep Cuddyer far away from the batters box, he's awful.

Dunny
10-28-2015, 10:33 AM

Mets offence will keep Royals in it.

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 10:34 AM
6. Home Plate Ump was erratic. Especially with Harvey. He started fucking up calls for both teams in the later innings/extra innings.

Yea the home plate ump was very erratic, both teams seem to be getting squeezed. Beginning of the game too he was not calling the low strikes and then later on he was. I hate that inconsistency. Even if you suck, suck consistently, allow the hitters and pitchers to adjust to it

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 10:40 AM
It wasn't a tough catch, it was routine if he takes control of the play like a center fielder is suppose to do. Lagares should've started the game, not sure what Collins was thinking there. And speaking of Collins, for the love of God, please keep Cuddyer far away from the batters box, he's awful.

Yea I agree with you, he has to make that catch and its makeable. In the end though its left to the scorer, and if he says home run I guess so be it.

And yes completely agree, Cuddyer is a failure in every sense of the word at the plate. Completely lost and just looks old and worn down. Luckily though he's signed for 1 more season so we get to see him again!! :puke:

Dunny
10-28-2015, 11:00 AM

Mets had unearned run as well.

phillyb™
10-28-2015, 11:03 AM
hell of a game and i can't stand watching baseball.

Mike
10-28-2015, 11:08 AM

There's plenty more to it than just the botched fly ball. Everything changes with the ebbs and flows of the game. Hosmer making an error is a lot less unlikey than Cespedes' misplay. With everything that went on in this game there were plenty of moments that both teams did, or didn't capture that could have/ would have been game changers. If Murphy quiets down, and Wright can't get it going, this line up is in trouble. Like I said yesterday, this series will be about who gets the bounces. Bounces, and luck are just as contagious as anything else in a series. Long way to go imo.

Pete
10-28-2015, 11:11 AM
There's plenty more to it than just the botched fly ball. Everything changes with the ebbs and flows of the game. Hosmer making an error is a lot less unlikey than Cespedes' misplay. With everything that went on in this game there were plenty of moments that both teams did, or didn't capture that could have/ would have been game changers. If Murphy quiets down, and Wright can't get it going, this line up is in trouble. Like I said yesterday, this series will be about who gets the bounces. Bounces, and luck are just as contagious as anything else in a series. Long way to go imo.

I still don't see how the Mets lose this.

Mike
10-28-2015, 11:35 AM

Royals are on a mission. They're even more dangerous because they were so close last year. I'm just looking beyond paper.

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 11:42 AM

Other than the starting pitching edge, what other concrete thing do you see from the Mets that gives you an impression that they can't lose this series?

The Royals don't make easy outs, they don't strike out, they continually get on base, and when on the base they make a pitcher and the defense work, they have tremendous speed, they play ridiculous defense where even last night they stole two hits from the Mets, they have an almost lights out back end of their rotation. Hosmer makes a rare error and his team still picks him up. Hosmer needs just a fly ball to win the game on a grounders pitcher and he still finds a way to get it deep enough to score the winner
On the flip, other than game 1 in the LDS a hurt Wright continually strikes out in big spots with RISP, Duda had one good game in these playoffs, Murphy is due to come back to earth some, Cespedes is constantly siwnging and missing trying to hit 3 run homers, 6 through 9 in the battings order are pretty much automatic outs.

I just can't see what favors the Mets over the Royals who are primed to redeem themselves from last year

Keirik
10-28-2015, 11:56 AM
Last nights game was a good game. Way too long but a good game. Both teams had their chances to win or lose. Glad the Royals pulled it out but it's only one game.

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Well also the Mets wouldn't be the Mets if they didn't lose game 1 of the World Series. In each of their previous 4 appearances they've lost the first game.
They also have been on a Win(69), Loss(73), Win(86), Loss(00) pattern since 1969 and that first World Series, so this series they are due to win.

Those are the things I'm pinning my hopes on! :rofl:

Blue Heaven
10-28-2015, 12:07 PM
Well also the Mets wouldn't be the Mets if they didn't lose game 1 of the World Series. In each of their previous 4 appearances they've lost the first game.
They also have been on a Win(69), Loss(73), Win(86), Loss(00) pattern so this series they are due to win.

Those are the things I'm pinning my hopes on! :rofl:

Royals also havent won Game 1 of the World Series.....until last night....they were 0-3 ('80, '85, '14). Something had to give

Mike
10-28-2015, 12:09 PM
That info is about as useful as Rick Nash in a game 7.

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Also in 1969, Tom Seaver's 2nd pitch of that game 1 against Baltimore was hit for a home run.

Means absolutely nothing whatsoever. Its just something for the fans to chew on with the eerie similarities to the 69 Mets

Parsley
10-28-2015, 02:09 PM
I'm so happy there is a game tonight. Good or bad tonight I want to forget game 1.

Dunny
10-28-2015, 02:34 PM
Love watching Cueto pitch. It's an event in itself.

Parsley
10-28-2015, 02:43 PM
Who's pitching game 4 for the Royals? They going to switch things up?

Dunny
10-28-2015, 02:53 PM
They could go the Medlen route.

Blue Heaven
10-28-2015, 02:56 PM
As of now Chris Young is still going to start....I would assume if Young starts, he's only going 3 innings, then Medlen, etc......What im unsure about is the status of Volquez for Game 5 b/c of the death of his father. There is no bereavement in the World Series so the Royals wouldnt even be able to substitute him for another pitcher like Guthrie

Dunny
10-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Yeah, same as Loup leaving. Can't replace.

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Love watching Cueto pitch. It's an event in itself.

Guy is as erratic and enigmatic as they come. Pitches a gem in the division series and then gets absolutely shellacked by the Blue Jays in the LCS. One thing to keep in mind, he's been terrible as a Royal in the AL, but has had his way against the NL when he was a Red. Mets should be used to his stuff, but I won't be surprised if they struggle to string together hits in the first go round of the order

Dunny
10-28-2015, 07:25 PM
So just BH, myself, and Keirik in here tonight to collect Mets fan tears?

Parsley
10-28-2015, 07:29 PM
So just BH, myself, and Keirik in here tonight to collect Mets fan tears?

I'm surprised you have any remaining empty buckets left up there in Canada after the ALCS.

Dunny
10-28-2015, 07:40 PM
Why do you think I'm so jaded and bitter? Haha

Mike
10-28-2015, 07:42 PM

That's just a natural trait for a Canadien. Eichel > McDavid

Pete
10-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Your self depricating posts always bring me joy.

lefty9
10-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Mets had unearned run as well.but didnt KC have a second gift in the 14th inning

lefty9
10-28-2015, 08:13 PM
this umpire strike zone is all over the place

lefty9
10-28-2015, 08:14 PM
if he calls these strikes for deGrom ,it will be a long night for the Royals

Dunny
10-28-2015, 08:16 PM
That's just a natural trait for a Canadien. Eichel > McDavid

Lemme know when he gets that pesky first assist out of the way.

Dunny
10-28-2015, 08:17 PM
Your self depricating posts always bring me joy.

Just wait till the 3rd kid comes. Should be some outrageous schadenfreude.

Vodka Drunkenski
10-28-2015, 08:24 PM
This home plate ump is terrible

Dunny
10-28-2015, 08:25 PM
This home plate ump is terrible

Aren't they all?

Blue Heaven
10-28-2015, 08:30 PM
I dont know how much of this game I'm going to be awake for....im on fumes right now....Both pitchers look good so far. Wonder if the strike zone will be consistent.

Vodka Drunkenski
10-28-2015, 08:32 PM
Aren't they all?

This one seems to be extra special

Vodka Drunkenski
10-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Anyone have a stream for this game

Dunny
10-28-2015, 08:43 PM
"Cueto looks like a different guy"

Could it be the line-up quality? Nah.

Hey Blue, any chance they re-sign Cueto?

Vodka Drunkenski
10-28-2015, 08:45 PM
Or maybe the Mets don't steal signs

Blue Heaven
10-28-2015, 08:46 PM
"Cueto looks like a different guy"

Could it be the line-up quality? Nah.

Hey Blue, any chance they re-sign Cueto?

No chance, he's going to want to much $$$ and the Royals will have to decide on signing Gordon or Zobrist. They'll probably go the cheap route like Chris Young.

Blue Heaven
10-28-2015, 08:48 PM
Every game Cueto pitches now is for $$$$....Shitty game he loses a couple of million, good games he's making a couple extra million

Mike
10-28-2015, 08:50 PM
No chance, he's going to want to much $$$ and the Royals will have to decide on signing Gordon or Zobrist. They'll probably go the cheap route like Chris Young.

Ya know what's funny? No matter which team loses this series, they won't spend the money in the off season to improve their weak spots. If it were Boston, or the Yankees, they'd dig up Babe Ruth and give him 25 million to lay in the dugout.

Dunny
10-28-2015, 08:50 PM
Or maybe the Mets don't steal signs

Maybe they should start

Dunny
10-28-2015, 08:52 PM
Ya know what's funny? No matter which team loses this series, they won't spend the money in the off season to improve their weak spots. If it were Boston, or the Yankees, they'd dig up Babe Ruth and give him 25 million to lay in the dugout.

It's crazy because the Mets have the best rotation in baseball and it costs them like 3 million total.

Mike
10-28-2015, 09:00 PM
It's crazy because the Mets have the best rotation in baseball and it costs them like 3 million total.

Yup, for now. When it comes time to pay them, I don't think the top 3 are all here.

Blue Heaven
10-28-2015, 09:08 PM
That looks like all the Mets will need with how DeGrom is pitching.
Strike zone is the size of cheerio now.

Blue Heaven
10-28-2015, 09:26 PM
Cueto needs to get his groove back and get out of this inning 1,2,3 so he can pitch the 6th

Mike
10-28-2015, 09:42 PM
How the fuck do you serve that pitch up on an 0-2 count?

Dunny
10-28-2015, 09:46 PM
single
single
single
single
single
single

Keirik
10-28-2015, 09:46 PM
The Hoz comes through

Dunny
10-28-2015, 09:47 PM
single

Parsley
Fuck

Mike
single
single
single
single
single
single

win
win
win
win
win
win

Dunny
10-28-2015, 09:50 PM
win
win
win
win
win
win

Sure, and it all looks great now, but they were minutes from being eliminated too, in the first round. Total fluke they're even here.

Just can't predict beisbol.

Parsley
10-28-2015, 09:51 PM
Basically a mirror image of the rangers in game 1 and 2 vs the kings. In games with leads early and then just falling apart.

Blue Heaven
10-28-2015, 09:52 PM
This is a clinic on being a contact team and keep the line moving, single, take the extra base, single, take the extra base.

Blue Heaven
10-28-2015, 09:53 PM
Sure, and it all looks great now, but they were minutes from being eliminated too, in the first round. Total fluke they're even here.

Same thing last postseason starting with the Wild Card Game vs. the A's....Down 8-3, single, single, double, steal a base, sac, single, single, etc....Thats how they win.

Parsley
10-28-2015, 09:54 PM
This is a clinic on being a contact team and keep the line moving, single, take the extra base, single, take the extra base.

Congrats. "Heck of a team"!

Blue Heaven
10-28-2015, 09:55 PM
What was the stat they had on FOX? 3 swing and misses out of all the pitches DeGrom has thrown?

Vodka Drunkenski
10-28-2015, 09:57 PM
Suddenly I hate Royals fans too

Mike
10-28-2015, 10:00 PM

So were the Blue Jays

Keirik
10-28-2015, 10:01 PM

That doesn't make it a fluke, it makes it a game of 9 innings lol

Dunny
10-28-2015, 10:02 PM
So were the Blue Jays

For sure, but they weren't down 6-1 or whatever it was in the 8th inning. They were down 1 run.

Mike
10-28-2015, 10:13 PM
For sure, but they weren't down 6-1 or whatever it was in the 8th inning. They were down 1 run.

This team does it time and time again. After a while, it's not just luck. They're relentless.

Mike
10-28-2015, 10:15 PM
No one can get through this line up twice in one game. You almost have to consider changing your pitcher as soon as they get that mini rally going in the 4th, or 5th inning. If they can do it to Harvey, and DeGrom, what the fuck are they going to do to Syndergaard and Matz?

Keirik
This team does it time and time again. After a while, it's not just luck. They're relentless.

Besides, it wasn't like they were down and out. They dropped 3 runs in the 7th and the nex half inning pounded Houston.

Blue Heaven

They play the game the right way....They take advantage of any situation that they can, and make it count.

Dunny
10-28-2015, 10:16 PM
They're good at what they do, but they're not the '98 Yankees.

Mike
10-28-2015, 10:18 PM
They're good at what they do, but they're not the '98 Yankees.

The '98 Yankees did the same thing, with the exception of every 3rd hit going over the fence. It wasn't 2, or 3 runs with men left on base. It was 5, or 6 runs, go fuck yourself, goodnight.

Keirik
10-28-2015, 10:19 PM
what.the.fuck. was that peanuts nonsense

Parsley
10-28-2015, 10:20 PM
Fuck

Mike
10-28-2015, 10:23 PM
They're showing no signs of coming back right now. Where's Bill Buckner when you need him?

Dunny
10-28-2015, 10:31 PM
Ultimately, deGrom didn't pitch very good. I just looked at his inside edge report for tonight and he threw a lot of meatballs and didn't get them to chase anything. FWIW they gave him a C+.

The very ordinary David Price had no problem striking Royals out, and they still beat him twice.

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 10:39 PM
Oh look ANOTHER hit...

This is fucking embarrassing now

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 10:41 PM
Ultimately, deGrom didn't pitch very good. I just looked at his inside edge report for tonight and he threw a lot of meatballs and didn't get them to chase anything. FWIW they gave him a C+.

The very ordinary David Price had no problem striking Royals out, and they still beat him twice.

The Royals swung and missed three times all night

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 10:44 PM
Suddenly I hate Royals fans too

Sick of them, especially that big a hole looking guy behind home plate next to the Marlins guy. I wish there wasn't a net there

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Now they're just toying with us. Making the senior circuit look like an a division II league

Parsley
10-28-2015, 10:47 PM
Lol, oh well on to game 3.

Change of scenery may help. Maybe not.

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 10:53 PM
Nah I think they're finished. Royals are so locked in right now. Game 3 is probably going to be another tight one into the middle innings and then once they lock onto Thor by their 2nd or 3rd at bats we'll be down 3-0. They're making us look absolutely amateur

Pete
10-28-2015, 10:58 PM
This is the baseball equivalent of the 11-12 Rangers.

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 11:03 PM
This also makes you really appreciate what the San Francisco Giants have done. They're not what you would consider anything close to a big time hitting team, and they did a ton of damage with contact hitting themselves against the Royals last fall. They also did get lucky and got the Royals before they blossomed into this machine

With the Royals youth, barring any major injuries they'll be contending like this for several years to come

Parsley
10-28-2015, 11:04 PM
HEY, FUCK THE WORLD!

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 11:05 PM
LOL

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 11:06 PM
Go home and get ready for your parade Royals fans, there isn't going to be another game back in KC

Parsley
10-28-2015, 11:07 PM
Go home and get ready for your parade Royals fans, there isn't going to be another game back in KC

Fuck'em.

Dunny
10-28-2015, 11:08 PM

Come on, it's not that dire. You'll have a pitching advantage and at home the next 3 games. KC seeing eye singles could turn in to routine groundouts at any moment.

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 11:15 PM
Dunny I thank you for the uplifting pat on the back, but this series is finished brother. You saw it, the Royals swung and missed three times against our ace of these playoffs. This is a machine. As much as I want to believe that 45,000 screaming fans in orange will give us a little bump, I just don't see it, especially against a power arm like Syndegard. maybe, just maybe we can get some runs off Ventura.

Dunny
10-28-2015, 11:21 PM
Ventura is my least favourite Royal. He's a douche. He's hittable.

Mets fans, just try to remember, it sounds crazy but amazingly the Royals have lost 71 games this year. They lose all the time.

I am Scags
10-28-2015, 11:35 PM
I hope, just give us something. At least scare them, send it back to KC.

And as nice as these guys they might be and as good as they're I'm starting to fucking hate the royals, hate them! lol! Mustakis with that stupid scowl all the time, Hosmer with that stupid hair cut! and when the fuck did ben Zobrist become this lethal hitting machine? I know he was decent in Tampa, but really around a .250-.260 hitter, now hitting close to .300 as a Royal.
UGHHH If you're a Royals fan this team is a dream to watch

jjweimar
10-30-2015, 11:22 AM
They play the game the right way....They take advantage of any situation that they can, and make it count.

Blue Heaven as a mets fan you guys are really putting on a clinic of how to play base to base ball. I think your team is damn good. I'm surprised you guys are hitting our pitching as much as you are and I definitely give you all credit. Hopefully the pitching can figure you guys our but you guys have impressed.

Dunny
10-30-2015, 11:23 AM
Your pitching hasn't pitched very good.

I am Scags
10-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Well look its still a young staff, and for the most part an inexperienced staff over the long haul of a season. People forget that this really all came together with the 3 of them THIS SEASON. Harvey may have been here in 2013, and DeGrom may have been the rookie of year in 2014, but this came together right here, late in 2015.
And As inconsistent as Johnny Cueto and Volquez might have been as Royals, these are guys that have been around for some time and have seasoning under their belts.
And not to diminish Mets pitching performances in the two previous series, but LA had an awful lineup, and the home run hitting Cubs in their first go round were simply outclassed by the Mets pitching.

This Royals team does it like really nobody else, all contact, no striking out, little walks, the perfect confluence of professional hitting, and its not as if the likes of Gordon, Zobrist, Hosmer, Moustakis, Escobar just showed up this year. They've all been around for a couple years, and they finally came together and were galvanized by a crushing loss the year before. Again its not an excuse for Mets pitchers, but just the reality of who they're facing here

And lets be honest Dunny, your Jays would have been a much better match up for the Mets, at least pitching wise. Not saying the Mets would have won, but the bashers on the Jays are not the same as these move the line guys in KC. Only thing Toronto would have done is forced Collins to not use Matz, other than that Harvey, Degrom, and Synegard would have gone right at that Jays lineup. Sure Bautista would have put a few out and Donaldson and few others in the lineup would have gotten their hacks, but not like what this Royals lineup is doing

Dunny
10-30-2015, 02:59 PM
Well, I think it's far and away the best staff in baseball (Wheeler for Pillar + please) but they just didn't pitch their best. That's just how it goes sometimes.

It could have been better to face the Jays or could have been worse. We'll unfortunately never know :)

I am Scags
10-30-2015, 03:11 PM
Yep we'll never know.

and I would do Pillar for Wheeler right now!! especially with Cespedes not coming back, heck yea

Dunny
10-30-2015, 07:29 PM
You don't want Pillar lol

Keirik
10-30-2015, 08:08 PM
I still hate how late these games start. It's after 8 and still its not on. So dumb. Wake me up at 1am. Should be near the stretch

Dunny
10-30-2015, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I was commenting on this same thing to my wife as I'm sure many others are. Brutal.

Parsley
10-30-2015, 11:35 PM
METS win!

Parsley
10-31-2015, 06:45 AM
Wow, the Royals are a bunch of crybabies.

Blue Heaven
10-31-2015, 08:19 AM
Fun game to be at. Fans were cool with me. No problems at all. Good for David Wright with the blast. Ned Yost was a bonehead, he managed that game so poorly. I think everyone knew that Syndegaard was going to throw at Escobar with the first pitch. You can say that they're crybabies if you want but you stand in the batters box with a 98 MPH fastball coming towards your head. You want to back him off the plate then whats wrong with throwing at his body? Kelvin Hererra did the same thing to Brett Lawrie earlier in the year and everyone called the Royals thugs. Syndegaards high heat to back off the Royals didn't even really help since he did give up 6 hits and 3 runs in the first 3 innings. He did pitch great when he settled down. Collins made the smart move having Syndegaard start Game 3. Today is a HUGE game, Mets win this they're right back in it and a good chance to win the Series with Harvey/DeGrom/Syndegaard. Royals need this game, I said it from the start, Game 4 is a MUST win for the Royals. Of course Im going to miss tonights game b/c I have to go to a fucking wedding in NJ....No bar/restaurant/or TV at the friggin venue.

Blue Heaven
10-31-2015, 08:20 AM
and this 86 irony continues....Game 1 lose by 1, Game 2 lose by 6, Game 3 win by 6.

Dunny
10-31-2015, 08:35 AM
A wedding with no bar is probably more accurately described as a funeral.

Keirik
10-31-2015, 11:39 PM
It was a good game. Royals are relentless. Not sure wtf Cespedes was doing at the end there and Murphys Bill Buckner impression really changed everything.

Blue Heaven
11-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Royals have scored 36 runs innings 1-6, scored 44 runs innings 7+ this postseason.
I watched the first 2 innings on my phone at the wedding, and Matz was dealing, looked really good. After that I was just checking every 5 minutes on my phone. I then left the wedding at about the 7th inning and hit a bar by the reception hall to watch the 7th and 8th inning. What timing! I couldn't believe that 8th inning. This team always finds a way. With that said, I wouldn't necessarily count out the Mets, they do have the far better pitching based on stats and Harvey/DeGrom/Syndegaard gives the Mets a good chance to make a comeback. Here's hoping the Royals wrap it up tonight b/c then their will be a sense of pressure on the Royals going back to KC.

Parsley
11-01-2015, 06:28 PM
FUCK

Parsley
11-02-2015, 12:20 AM
Fuck off Royals.

Vodka Drunkenski
11-02-2015, 12:28 AM
I hope they all tear their acl's when celebrating.

I am Scags
11-02-2015, 01:43 AM
I hope one of those d heads, maybe Moustakis and that stupid scowl of his, drops the world series trophy from one of their stupid lame ass floats in their lame ass parade in stupid Kansas City, a stupid city that only looks good from 30,000 feet on the way to vegas or the west coast

That felt a little good lol :p

Keirik
11-02-2015, 01:45 AM
Relentless. They just were. It was a fun World Series though. Reminds me why I liked baseball in the first place.

I am Scags
11-02-2015, 01:52 AM
Iver never see a team play like them, ever.

Maybe in a few months when I look back I will call it fun, but right now this was a brutal series for every Mets fan in every which way. At least the Cub fan had no hope, this one was like the baseball gods were just taunting the Mets fan

Vodka Drunkenski
11-02-2015, 06:27 AM
I just don't get the relentless shit, the Mets shot themselves in the foot multiple times and handed this series over.

Either way, it was unexpected to be in the position in the first place so once the sting wears off, I'll be able to appreciate it more. As I said in the Mets thread, I realized this morning that I don't hate the Royals as much as I originally thought, it's the announcers that made me hate them, specifically Joe Buck. Someone needs to deck that guy.

Pete
11-02-2015, 06:27 AM
Has a lighter hitting team ever won a WS?

Dunny
11-02-2015, 07:20 AM
Not since the wool ball era.

Mike
11-02-2015, 08:01 AM
Has a lighter hitting team ever won a WS?

You mean "light" as in not a hr hitting team ?

Pete
11-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Yea. Like... Mostly slap singles and seeing eye line drives...

Dunny
11-02-2015, 08:15 AM
As in a roster constructed of players that aren't grest hitters as proven by their lack of hitting over a 177 game season.

Mike
11-02-2015, 08:23 AM
Yea. Like... Mostly slap singles and seeing eye line drives...

It's too Monday for me to think about right now, so I'll look it up later. Fwiw, they hit 17 hr's in 16 post season games, which definitely exceeds their reg season avg. They were top 10 in every batting category except home runs, where I think they were near the bottom of the league.

Blue Heaven
11-02-2015, 09:28 AM
ROYALS 2015 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I can't f'n believe it. Last night was the greatest sporting event I have been to. I do not need to go to another baseball game the rest of my life (except maybe for the opportunity to see the Royals win at The K). Harvey was filthy all game long, then the 9th comes and you give the Royals an inch they will take 360 feet. IMO once Harvey came out for the 9th, the Mets should have just stuck with Harvey and finish the 9th, win, lose, or tie. You win or lose with your best at that point. The Mets will be right back as a contender next year and year's beyond as long as they keep that pitching staff together.

Pete
11-02-2015, 09:32 AM
As others have pointed out, the Royals didn't take anything from the Mets. It was basically handed to them on a platter. Everyone aside from Fox Sports seems to feel that way.

Blue Heaven
11-02-2015, 09:43 AM
As others have pointed out, the Royals didn't take anything from the Mets. It was basically handed to them on a platter. Everyone aside from Fox Sports seems to feel that way.

Everyone said the major keys to the series was defense and bullpens and thats what it came down to. Mets defense sucked at crucial times and the Mets bullpen were garbage. Grant it Familia was put in bad spots in Game 4-5, and Familia had a Benitez moment in Game 1

Pete
11-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Everyone said the major keys to the series was defense and bullpens and thats what it came down to. Mets defense sucked at crucial times and the Mets bullpen were garbage. Grant it Familia was put in bad spots in Game 4-5, and Familia had a Benitez moment in Game 1

Oh, I was mostly talking about last night.

Dunny
11-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Royals were the better team for me. I like to make fun of their crappy offence, but their bullpen is 1000% better than anyone else's and their starters held up pretty good.

Mets were the one trick pony. Superior starting pitching and sub .500 level everything else.

Read a funny tweet this morning that basically asked what sac fly or swinging bunt the Royals are going to put on their commemorative DVD haha

Parsley
11-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Fuck the Royals

Mike
11-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Poking fun at a team that wins the World Series, and has won 21 playoff games in 2 years makes 0 sense. They don't hit home runs, big deal. They're top 10 in every other category in the game. They're laughing at everyone else right now. Funny thing is that they hit homeruns when they need them the most. 139 in 162, then 17 in 16 playoff games.

Pete
11-02-2015, 10:54 AM
Poking fun at a team that wins the World Series, and has won 21 playoff games in 2 years makes 0 sense. They don't hit home runs, big deal. They're top 10 in every other category in the game. They're laughing at everyone else right now. Funny thing is that they hit homeruns when they need them the most. 139 in 162, then 17 in 16 playoff games.

I'll say it again, they play baseball the way the 11-12 Rangers played hockey. And it didn't stop people from complaining about them, either, they were a pubic hair away from a SCF.

Blue Heaven
11-02-2015, 10:55 AM

You'll see teams change their ways to play Royals style baseball....Started with their bullpen and teams were on to that this season, now you'll see teams try and be more of a contact team rather than just rely on HRs.

Mike
11-02-2015, 11:12 AM
I'll say it again, they play baseball the way the 11-12 Rangers played hockey. And it didn't stop people from complaining about them, either, they were a pubic hair away from a SCF.

I don't know, I mean I totally understand the excitement of homeruns, but hitting bullets is just as fun, imo. There's something about that sound of solid contact. Maybe it's just me.

I am Scags
What drives me crazy is that if Duda like the bonehead he is actually gets that ball to glove of d'Arnaud, the Mets not only win the game and extend this series, but people would have to be calling out Hosmer for a terrible base running blunder. I get it, you make your own luck many times and the Royals with their relentless base running make things happen and force the defense to react, but he got absolutely lucky with what was idiotic running on his part and I promise that 29 of 30 other 1B to catcher tandems make that play and he is out

Dunny
I'm probably good with sticking with the way the Jays scored like 200 more runs than anyone else and led every offensive category. That's good with me.

Mike
11-02-2015, 11:13 AM
What drives me crazy is that if Duda like the bonehead is actually gets that ball to glove of d'Arnaud, the Mets not only win the game and extend this series, but people would have to be calling out Hosmer for a terrible base running blunder. I get it, you make your own luck many times and the Royals with their relentless base running make things happen, but that was idiotic running on his part and I promise that 29 of 30 other 1B to catcher tandems make that play and he is out.

Back to my point in the Mets thread .... NO ONE expected Hosmer to run, probably not even Yost.

I am Scags
11-02-2015, 11:18 AM
I don't think their will be this monumental shift in baseball that is going to model the style of the Royals and how they played like some people think. Number one you got to have to perfect confluence and mix of players to make it work and the Royals did. People have been saying for years that baseball players don't know how to contact hit like they used to and move guys on the bases, and still nothing has changed all that much. This is still a sport that focuses on power and pitching, and as good as the Royals were and as crisp as they played this 2015 season and playoff, IMO they will still be the exception to the overall rule in baseball.

Keirik
11-02-2015, 11:19 AM
Fine, if tne Metshanded tnem tne WS then it was still renentless, just a relentless choke job.

I am Scags
11-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Back to my point in the Mets thread .... NO ONE expected Hosmer to run, probably not even Yost.

Didn't see it yet. Yes Probably not but it was still idiotic. Yes looks great now and he's the hero of the baseball world and lives in KC lore, but he was out by a decent stretch on a good throw to the plate

Mike
11-02-2015, 11:25 AM
I'm probably good with sticking with the way the Jays scored like 200 more runs than anyone else and led every offensive category. That's good with me.

And that's fine. That's the way they're built, and it works for them, especially in their park. Teams are built for the stadiums they play in. All teams need help in certain areas. They all have weak spots. Jays score in a different ways. There's nothing wrong with that, the same way there's nothing wrong with the way KC scores.

I am Scags
11-02-2015, 11:26 AM
Fine, if tne Metshanded tnem tne WS then it was still renentless, just a relentless choke job.

No question it was. If you're this dark knight hero that you say you are you go out into the 9th and you don't walk the leadoff man, after you've already put your egotistical self above the best interests of you team and made your manager look like an ass for listening to you and making that move.

If your the lockdown closer, you don't blow 3 leads in a series, I don't care if its the 27 Yankees.

If your Daniel Murphy, you get a pass for one error, but for 2 in two nights, CHOKE!

Mike
11-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Didn't see it yet. Yes Probably not but it was still idiotic. Yes looks great now and he's the hero of the baseball world and lives in KC lore, but he was out by a decent stretch on a good throw to the plate

I didn't say it wasn't idiotic. I said no one expected it. That's why Duda was caught off guard, and threw flat footed, across his body.

Pete
11-02-2015, 11:32 AM
I don't know, I mean I totally understand the excitement of homeruns, but hitting bullets is just as fun, imo. There's something about that sound of solid contact. Maybe it's just me.

But they're all singles....

Morphinity
11-02-2015, 11:34 AM
No question it was. If you're this dark knight hero that you say you are you go out into the 9th and you don't walk the leadoff man, after you've already put your egotistical self above the best interests of you team and made your manager look like an ass for listening to you and making that move.

If your the lockdown closer, you don't blow 3 leads in a series, I don't care if its the 27 Yankees.

If your Daniel Murphy, you get a pass for one error, but for 2 in two nights, CHOKE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_aQupiaCSA

I am Scags
11-02-2015, 11:39 AM
I didn't say it wasn't idiotic. I said no one expected it. That's why Duda was caught off guard, and threw flat footed, across his body.

No, I said it was idiotic because it was idiotic.;) 9 times out 10 he's a dead duck, but in that situation knowing the Mets defense is suspect it worked out for him and hes the hero

Mike
11-02-2015, 11:48 AM
But they're all singles....
Yes, but if you replace their singles with deep fly outs, they lose.
Post season #'s:
146 hits - 1st
100 singles - 1st
26 doubles - 1st
3 triples - 1st
17 homeruns - 2nd

Keirik
11-02-2015, 11:54 AM
But that's what makes the Royals get that concept of being "relentless" They force the issue and they do it at timely spots and to timely guys. They force the issue.

Mike
11-02-2015, 12:09 PM
What no one appreciates is that they do it with 2 strikes. It's unbelievable how 1 through 9 all buy in to the same hitting approach with 2 strikes. That's the difference of having a rally of singles vs. ending the inning on K, or pop out. This team scores runs, that's more exciting than winning 2-1 every game imo.

I am Scags
11-02-2015, 12:24 PM
I'm ready sour grapes from this loss, but I would be even worse if I said that their style of play wasn't exciting. Maybe its not all that inspiring in early July, but its certainly fun to watch and marvel over in late October.

Keirik
11-02-2015, 01:27 PM
It's a great experience for the Mets. They just lost to the better team. Honestly, its true. If the Mets had won, it would have been a very large upset in my opinion. The Royals were primed to win after coming close last year.

I am Scags
11-02-2015, 02:19 PM
It's a great experience for the Mets. They just lost to the better team. Honestly, its true. If the Mets had won, it would have been a very large upset in my opinion. The Royals were primed to win after coming close last year.

Yea it would have absolutely been an upset by the Mets, this was really the Royals season of redemption to lose. To actually be one of the rare teams that goes all the way back the next year with the same exact shot to win, there was no way they were going to let this one slip away.

And someone I heard before made the perfect observation. The Royals even on the road and down by a run played that top of the 9th to win while the Mets played it not to lose. That sums up the 2015 Royals in a nutshell.

I just hope that the key guys here, the ones that are a part of this future can take these little lessons and learn from them in the future

Mike
11-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Mets went off as series favorites, on the road no less. I don't think it would have been an upset at all.

Blue Heaven
11-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Royals were underdogs 11 straight games.
Royals advanced scouts did a superb job, they flat out said they want to press the issue and take the extra base when they could vs. the Mets. They wanted to run on D'Arnaud and they did, they were 7-7 against him. They wanted to have an opportunity to have Duda make a play either at 2nd or home and last night was the perfect storm for that play to make him make. They felt like he had an erratic arm.

I am Scags
11-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Royals were underdogs 11 straight games.
Royals advanced scouts did a superb job, they flat out said they want to press the issue and take the extra base when they could vs. the Mets. They wanted to run on D'Arnaud and they did, they were 7-7 against him. They wanted to have an opportunity to have Duda make a play either at 2nd or home and last night was the perfect storm for that play to make him make. They felt like he had an erratic arm.

Yep advanced scouting was key in this series. I'm know the Mets had theirs scouting the Royals during the Jays series, but there wasn't all that many holes for them to try and exploit with the Royals.

Blue Heaven
11-04-2015, 08:58 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--4MrlHBoz--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/1503360983147125830.jpg

800,000 people said to be at the parade yesterday.

Parsley
11-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Whoop de fuckin dooooooooooo

Johnnydollaz18
11-04-2015, 09:17 AM
And half were probably fans starting last year.

Morphinity
11-04-2015, 09:18 AM
The salty Mets fan is a real bad look lol

Parsley
11-04-2015, 09:20 AM

No different than Rangers fans the past few years.

Fuck the Royals.

Pete
11-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Social media has told me that Yankee fans are poorer sports than Mets fans lol.

Parsley
11-04-2015, 09:43 AM
Social media has told me that Yankee fans are poorer sports than Mets fans lol.

People who reside in the same city/area generally behave the same I'd assume. Look at all the douchbags down here around Philly.

Funny how we New Yorkers can hate fans of the other NY TEAM, but them love them for being a fan of another team of theirs. Growing up only one of my NY best friends actually liked all the same professional teams as me.

Johnnydollaz18
11-04-2015, 11:20 AM

Just the truth, you can also say the same for most Met fans this year. lol

Pete
11-04-2015, 11:23 AM
People who reside in the same city/area generally behave the same I'd assume. Look at all the douchbags down here around Philly.

Funny how we New Yorkers can hate fans of the other NY TEAM, but them love them for being a fan of another team of theirs. Growing up only one of my NY best friends actually liked all the same professional teams as me.

Yea, I mean, it's kind of silly to make fun of the Devils for losing to the Kings after they knocked us out...But people did it. Yankee fans in my social network have been giving the Mets shit for blowing the WS, but they got knocked out by Houston.

As a Ranger fan, I give a shit about how good MY team is, not about how bad the other local teams are. I get no joy for other teams losing, unless we beat them.

I am Scags
11-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Whoop de fuckin dooooooooooo

Hahaha same here bro. F them and f Kansas city! Don't any of those bumpkins work?

And yes i'm real salty, f Kansas city! :thumbs:

I am Scags
11-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Yea, I mean, it's kind of silly to make fun of the Devils for losing to the Kings after they knocked us out...But people did it. Yankee fans in my social network have been giving the Mets shit for blowing the WS, but they got knocked out by Houston.

As a Ranger fan, I give a shit about how good MY team is, not about how bad the other local teams are. I get no joy for other teams losing, unless we beat them.

I hear you and of course I care about the Rangers first as well, but I'm going to say that you might be in the minority or its near a split when it comes to rooting against or being happy that the rival is losing. I'm not going to lie, as a Jerseyan I take satisfaction in the devils slide. I rooted hard for the Kings big time in 2012, almost to the point where I bought a kings t shirt but I thought better of it. Of course as fate would have it they became my biggest enemy two springs later. :rolleyes: Same for the Islanders, as good as it might be for 'business' and having local teams good, I hope the Islanders never win another playoff game EVER! f them! :thumbs:

Pete
11-04-2015, 11:34 AM
I hear you, but I'm going to say that you might in the minority or its near a split because many fans (especially now with social media) do get satisfaction when the other rival team loses. I'm not going to lie, I rooted hard for the Kings big time in 2012, almopst to the point where I bought a kings t shirt but I thought better of it. Of course as fate would have it they became my biggest enemy two springs later. :rolleyes: Same for the Islanders, as good as it might be for 'business' and having local teams good, I hope the Islanders never win another playoff game EVER! f them! :thumbs:

I stopped caring after the Devils beat us. I didn't watch any SCF games.

Keirik
11-04-2015, 09:39 PM
Just the truth, you can also say the same for most Met fans this year. lol

100% true right there and glad you said it.

jjweimar
11-09-2015, 01:48 PM

I only pay attention to the Rangers and select other teams. I really don't pay that much attention to what the Devils or Islanders do unless it's a bit later in the season and they are challenging the Rangers for a playoff spot. Other than that they basically don't exist to me unless we play them.

Johnnydollaz18
11-09-2015, 02:23 PM
100% true right there and glad you said it.

Most hopped right back on the bandwagon mid-Summer, the ones who quit after 2006. Not me, not some members on here, who endured the pain of the last 9 years.