PDA

View Full Version : [PuckDaddy] Dougie Hamilton Fled Bruins After They Didnít Acquire Brother: Report

Phil in Absentia
10-27-2015, 11:50 AM
Damien Cox reported over the weekend (http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/weekend-takeaways-did-brother-play-role-in-hamilton-trade/) that one factor in Hamiltonís impasse with the Bruins, that necessitated his eventual trade to the Calgary Flames, was that the Bruins refused to do him a solid and sign his brother, Freddie. At least thatís the ďrumor that wonít dieĒ:

The speculation is that among the issues Hamilton had with the Bruins was the fact he wanted them to acquire the rights to his brother, Freddie, and Boston either couldnít or wouldnít.

Dougie landed in Calgary at the draft, and this month the Flames acquired Freddie in a trade. GM Brad Treliving, when asked about the rumour, said the Flames actually tried to make a deal for Freddie at the March trade deadline, and said heíd never heard the rumour before.

Peter Chiarelli, who was GM of the Bruins before being fired in May, preferred not to comment.

(What kind of odds do you put on Chiarelli as the source?)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dougie-hamilton-fled-bruins-after-they-didn-t-acquire-brother--report-145232946.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Blue Heaven
10-27-2015, 11:53 AM
Dougie and Freddie? WTF

Morphinity
10-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Oh boo hoo, the Bruins won't sign your scrub brother.

Cash or Czech?
10-27-2015, 03:23 PM
I mean, I guess targeting a guy at the trade deadline to stack your AHL team is reasonable, right?

Pete
10-27-2015, 06:08 PM
I find that really hard to believe.

Yet, not that hard to believe.

Mike
10-28-2015, 08:07 AM
I don't believe it.

BlairBettsBlocksEverything
10-28-2015, 08:30 AM
I feel like wysh is saying chiarelli "preferred not to comment" to make the story seem more credible or enticing. Could've been that chiarelli has more important things to do than answer some bs tabloid like rumors that aren't important a and have nothing to do with his team