PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Glencross Retiring

Phil in Absentia
10-20-2015, 01:56 PM
:tweet: @DarrenDreger: Curtis Glencross says he's retiring. "We have weighed our options and with the young family I'm enjoying a lot of firsts with them."

--

Didn't get a contract with Toronto after coming in on a PTO and I guess the Avs also balked after offering him one as well?

Man, that hometown discount decision really came back to bite him in the ass.

Best of luck, Curtis!

Dunny
10-20-2015, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't worry about his future, plenty of Sutters who's coattails he can ride in to cushy jobs.

Phil in Absentia
10-20-2015, 02:35 PM
He'll be fine, I'm sure. But still, it's crazy to think the amount of money he left on the table just to stick with the Flames. Guy signed a $10M+ four-year deal after scoring 24 goals and 43 points the year prior. He should have been making like $4M or more per season. That deal should have been for $16M, if not more.

He's actually publicly spoken about how much he regrets leaving that money on the table: http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/818687

Future
10-20-2015, 02:55 PM
I can't bring myself to care.

Keirik
10-20-2015, 03:35 PM
I could be remebering wrong but didnt he also force his own hand by ublicly complaining about his usage inCalgary then completely being invisible in the playoffs after his trade?

Phil in Absentia
10-20-2015, 03:43 PM
I could be remebering wrong but didnt he also force his own hand by ublicly complaining about his usage inCalgary then completely being invisible in the playoffs after his trade?

Before he signed his extension, you mean? Not that I remember.

Or you mean forced the trade to Washington?

Keirik
10-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Before he signed his extension, you mean? Not that I remember.

Or you mean forced the trade to Washington?

I just mean last year. I dont particularly remember if he was complaining before that. The problem with him was that he started saying that his stats were a refle tion of how he wasnt being used correctly. then he gets traded and disappears. Wasnt he a healthy scratch for the caps?

Phil in Absentia
10-20-2015, 04:11 PM
I just mean last year. I dont particularly remember if he was complaining before that. The problem with him was that he started saying that his stats were a refle tion of how he wasnt being used correctly. then he gets traded and disappears. Wasnt he a healthy scratch for the caps?

He was, yeah. But that point the trend of his career was clearly downward. What I'm saying is the four-year/$10.2M deal he signed with Calgary in the first place undercut what he clearly could have made at that point. He had six years experience when he signed it, which means the Flames bought three UFA years from him... except not even close to his UFA value.

If we go by the $1M per every ten points rule, a 24-goal scorer who had 43 points should have made $4M a season. Not $2.7M. He left, IMO, at least $6M total on the table. Maybe upwards of $10M.