• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Fathead: The Movie

Niagaraiceman

This probably belongs in another thread about film, maybe the exercise thread, or something about diets, but I caught it on Netflix not too long ago, and it absolutely changed the way I look at food and how I eat.

It starts off debunking supersize me, and you need to get around the guys cocky attitude, but his arguments challenge years of medical "research" and what the FDA deems appropriate for dietary intake

If you have two hours to kill, check it out!

[video=hulu;djyiCttz-dTjtvypNWoCLw]http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head

I started watching this the other day when you posted it but couldn't get the chance to finish it until today and you're right I'm already thinking about how I'm going to change the way I eat. Really interesting though thanks for posting it because I might try eating more like this, (not fast food everyday lol) having higher fat and less carbs.

I think his point was to have a balanced diet, with less than 100 carbs a day, but more to the point, attempt to stay away from the processed fillers, like corn, wheat, soy(unfermented soy is actually a carcinogen), and vegetable oils. The latter are really no good for you, and could be attributed to the high cancer rates. It was interesting to see the flawed research and the political system making things worse, not better. I never thought bad science would be the accepted norm.

Don't buy into the food fads, stay smart. If in doubt of something that is carb based, check it on the glycemic index.

Thanks for commenting, BTW

Yeah it's amazing how the exact opposite of what we're told seems to be the truth at least apparent in his documentary. But it makes sense for the most part since the "obesity epidemic" hasn't gotten any better. And if his whole theory on higher fats and lower carbs and that saturated animal fats are really good for you contrary to what we're mostly told is true then the dietary "experts" really are screwing us over pretty badly with shoddy research.

Archived