PDA

View Full Version : [LeBrun] Tomás Kaberle: Released From PTO 11/17, Won't be Signed by NYR

Phil in Absentia
11-04-2014, 02:14 PM
:tweet: @Real_ESPNLeBrun: Hearing that Tomas Kaberle will skate/practice with Rangers. Not signing him at this point. Will take a look at him... see where it goes

Morphinity
11-04-2014, 02:18 PM
We can't be that desperate, can we?

Phil in Absentia
11-04-2014, 02:19 PM

What this tells me is that (a) the trade market for defenders is all but non-existent, and/or (b) the price Carolina wants, provided they are even willing to deal Andrej Sekera in the first place, is absurd.

Then again, the last guy to get invited to Devils' training camp and fail to make the team ended up panning out pretty well for us, eh?

http://3.cdn.nhle.com/rangers/images/upload/2011/10/Stralman_A_1025_Ins1.jpg

Slobberknocker
11-04-2014, 02:19 PM
play the kids guys.

Drew a Penalty
11-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Would be great if this were 8 years ago.

Lt. Dan
11-04-2014, 02:27 PM
My friend in Canada is gonna die laughing when I show him this. I use to constantly make fun of him when Kaberle went to the Habs. This is some fucked up Karma.

Shanahammer
11-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Dear God, no

Pete
11-04-2014, 02:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyRGH7HDs7s

Travis Bickle
11-04-2014, 02:35 PM
What this tells me is that (a) the trade market for defenders is all but non-existent, and/or (b) the price Carolina wants, provided they are even willing to deal Andrej Sekera in the first place, is absurd.

Then again, the last guy to get invited to Devils' training camp and fail to make the team ended up panning out pretty well for us, eh?

http://3.cdn.nhle.com/rangers/images/upload/2011/10/Stralman_A_1025_Ins1.jpg

That hurts. I noticed he is currently tied for 1st in Plus/Minus.

phillyb™
11-04-2014, 02:35 PM
well played, pete. well played. hahaha

Phil in Absentia
11-04-2014, 02:37 PM
That hurts. I noticed he is currently tied for 1st in Plus/Minus.

I posted that in jest anyway. Strĺlman panned out, but was still young when the Rangers picked him up. Kaberle is 36. It's one thing when a 26-year old gets released from a PTO. Quite another when a 36 year old gets the same treatment.

Morphinity
11-04-2014, 02:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyRGH7HDs7s
Fucking Kostka sliding into home... SAFE!

DiJock94
11-04-2014, 03:01 PM
I'm sorry but that goal was all kostka. I mean wtf was he even trying to do

Pete
11-04-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry but Kostka, McI and Talbot all got abused. It wasn't 1 guy.

NYR2711
11-04-2014, 03:14 PM
I don't see what the issue is in trying him out. Look at what we have right now on defense, we are bare bones. At best, he gives us an NHL vet on defense that can log some minutes and cut down the slack on Girardi and Staal. At worst, he doesn't make the team. Hunwick has played well for us, and Allen looked decent last night, Im hoping he can keep it up, but Kostka and McIlrath could be upgraded. We don't know how long McD will actually be out, same with Klein, so to me, this isn't that bad of an option. Who knows, Kaberle could also help McIlrath and Allen. This doesn't hurt us.

DiJock94
11-04-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm sorry but Kostka, McI and Talbot all got abused. It wasn't 1 guy.

I would never blame talbot for that

And kostka never even tried to establish a gap I mean that's pee wee stuff

Mike
11-04-2014, 03:29 PM
I would never blame talbot for that

And kostka never even tried to establish a gap I mean that's pee wee stuff

You don't have to blame him, but it doesn't take away the fact that he was abused. lol. And Kostka is tits on a nun.

lefty9
11-04-2014, 03:50 PM
You don't have to blame him, but it doesn't take away the fact that he was abused. lol. And Kostka is tits on a nun.or on a bull

fletch
11-04-2014, 04:04 PM
I'd rather let the kids play.

But I wouldn't have too much of a problem if Kaberle were signed to play for a couple of weeks. I wouldn't expect him to be able to contribute for the rest of the season (grind wears him down even further) but if he can be respectable for a couple of weeks...

Naw, can't talk myself into it. Play the kids.

So Nashty
11-04-2014, 04:04 PM
You don't have to blame him, but it doesn't take away the fact that he was abused. lol. And Kostka is tits on a nun.

Lmao that's hilarious

Phil in Absentia
11-04-2014, 04:09 PM
I'd rather let the kids play.

But I wouldn't have too much of a problem if Kaberle were signed to play for a couple of weeks. I wouldn't expect him to be able to contribute for the rest of the season (grind wears him down even further) but if he can be respectable for a couple of weeks...

Naw, can't talk myself into it. Play the kids.

I would, only because I honestly do not believe a 36-year old Tomás Kaberle is any better or worse than 24-year old Conor Allen. The only real advantage he has, if you even want to call it that, is his wealth of NHL experience, but I'd sooner ride out this storm with a cost-effective 24-year old Allen who would be learning on the job than waste the teams' final contract (signing Kaberle would put them at the maximum allowed 50 contracts again — something they had to get out of just to get Duclair on the team out of camp) on an over-35 stop-gap who hasn't been a viable NHL player for going on three or four seasons now.

Cash or Czech?
11-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Kaberle would be a place holder for Boyle, Klein and J. Moore, and it's understandable to be desperate when a bad stretch and missed points can put you in a hole too big to climb out of in March. Even if Kaberle plays the three games in place of McIlrath until J. Moore comes back and/or Klein can play, if that puts us in a better position to win then we should do it. Similar to Mueller being in the lineup while Stepan is out. It's temporary until we get healthy. And I am not a fan of Kaberle by any means.

Phil in Absentia
11-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Kaberle would be a place holder for Boyle, Klein and J. Moore, and it's understandable to be desperate when a bad stretch and missed points can put you in a hole too big to climb out of in March. Even if Kaberle plays the three games in place of McIlrath until J. Moore comes back and/or Klein can play, if that puts us in a better position to win then we should do it. Similar to Mueller being in the lineup while Stepan is out. It's temporary until we get healthy. And I am not a fan of Kaberle by any means.

Yes, a placeholder that has a lasting effect on the remainder of the season by occupying a contract, leaving the Rangers at the maximum allowed (50) for a second time this year.

Is that really worth whatever it is you think Kaberle might add, which I would argue is no more or less than what Conor Allen would?

AmericanJesus
11-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Fuck...what's Dereck Morris up to? Might as well re-up on our Derek quotient if we're going to be desperate.

Phil in Absentia
11-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Fuck...what's Dereck Morris up to? Might as well re-up on our Derek quotient if we're going to be desperate.

He's never welcome here again unless he brings Prucha back with him.

cousin
11-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Its a try out. If he's the best option so be it. Nothing wrong with earning a spot. No reason yet, not to trust the staff to put the best team out there.

The Dude
11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Did Shane O'brien play for AV? Cant imagine Florida wouldn't trade him here for much. Crap, I'd trade John Moore for him and a pick.

Pete
11-04-2014, 06:31 PM
We have a younger, cheaper guy who's just as "good".

Phil in Absentia
11-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Did Shane O'brien play for AV? Cant imagine Florida wouldn't trade him here for much. Crap, I'd trade John Moore for him and a pick.

We have a younger, cheaper guy who's just as "good".

Yup. McIlrath.

No interest in O'Brien at all.

Cash or Czech?
11-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Yes, a placeholder that has a lasting effect on the remainder of the season by occupying a contract, leaving the Rangers at the maximum allowed (50) for a second time this year.

Is that really worth whatever it is you think Kaberle might add, which I would argue is no more or less than what Conor Allen would?

IMO Kaberle wouldn't play for Allen, he'd play for McIlrath. I thought Allen was alright in what I saw while McIlrath clearly lacked the speed and lateral movement our team thrives on. Kaberle was at least a half-decent skater during his prime. I'm not saying that Kaberle is the best option or even a good option, but if AV and the coaching staff think that he's a step above what we have, it'd be worth it to try and squeeze some extra points out of these games.

And contracts can be shed, it's not that difficult. We did it for Duclair and there's plenty of AHL guys with NHL contracts that we could shed should a trade necessitate it. Plus I doubt Kaberle would go to the AHL if waived, so that could void the contract (I know it's a big if).

!br-avery!
11-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Things are getting pretty bleak

Bretzky
11-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Certainly not opposed to signing anyone who can help us.

The game is much more about mobility, speed, and skill than brawn these days so if Kaberle can still skate (not sure) and pass the puck (probably), he may be able to help.

!br-avery!
11-04-2014, 08:06 PM
I know he can shoot the puck just not sure if he can skate anymore

Pete
11-04-2014, 09:01 PM
Folks, this isn't a trade proposal thread.

Thanks.

TwoMinutesForNothing
11-05-2014, 02:35 AM
If Kaberle can still skate he might work well with AV. Hunwick sucked for the past three years too and now he looks like a revelation under AV.

Pete
11-05-2014, 06:20 AM
Kaberle was always slow and even slower since going to Boston. Hunwick was always a good skater. Probably just needed the right situation. Same as Stralman. These guys don't suck, they're late bloomers. Kaberle isn't.

H-Dreamer
11-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Maybe we invited him, so we have more D at practice?

I'd rather play a Rookie than a 36-old that has been out of the League already.

DiJock94
11-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Agreed

Valriera
11-05-2014, 10:11 AM
I agree: play the kids. We're missing 1/4 of our starting lineup and 2/3 of our defense. We're in a shitty situation and the best case scenario is some real experience for players who we need a look at.

Cash or Czech?
11-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Klein could be back as soon as tonight, so I don't think we'll move forward with Kaberle.

Phil in Absentia
11-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Klein could be back as soon as tonight, so I don't think we'll move forward with Kaberle.

Looks like they're still moving forward with bringing him in. Some kind of immigration issue, per Zip.

:tweet: @stevezipay: Tomas Kaberle still in Toronto, immigration issue

momentum
11-05-2014, 12:59 PM
One thing I can say about Kaberle is that you won't meet a nicer guy, would love to have this guy in the locker room just based on that. Hope he can still play and isn't just a shadow of his old self, would love to see him with the Rangers tbh.

Cash or Czech?
11-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Looks like they're still moving forward with bringing him in. Some kind of immigration issue, per Zip. :tweet: @stevezipay: Tomas Kaberle still in Toronto, immigration issue

Stupid. John Moore is back in three games.

Phil in Absentia
11-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Stupid. John Moore is back in three games.

John Moore also sucks.

That's not exactly a reassuring return.

AmericanJesus
11-05-2014, 01:19 PM
When they decided to offer this invitation, Klein was still out and an unknown. I'd think at the very least, this would have the same effect that pre-season invites do. They force guys to up their game because they know there is a vet behind them that could take their spot. Beyond McIlrath and Allen, we don't really have anyone else close to NHL ready. So in a situation that we were in, they had no pressure from behind. They were basically in by default.

Cash or Czech?
11-05-2014, 01:26 PM
John Moore also sucks. That's not exactly a reassuring return.

The only difference between Moore and Kaberle is that Moore can suck while skating faster. When we're completely healthy, Moore is the odd-man out as Hunwick has badly outplayed him. Also Moore is also under contract while Kaberle would put us at the max.

Phil in Absentia
11-05-2014, 01:34 PM
The only difference between Moore and Kaberle is that Moore can suck while skating faster. When we're completely healthy, Moore is the odd-man out as Hunwick has badly outplayed him. Also Moore is also under contract while Kaberle would put us at the max.

Oh, I get all that. That wasn't an endorsement of Kaberle as much as it was an indictment of Moore.

Cash or Czech?
11-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Oh, I get all that. That wasn't an endorsement of Kaberle as much as it was an indictment of Moore.

I actually thought Moore looked better as we got along in the season, but Hunwick has been way better.

The Dude
11-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Yup. McIlrath.

No interest in O'Brien at all.

Yes, but we know AV likes vets more. And if he pkayed for him before, thats usually a plus. I mean, frikken Kostca is still here, and hes been terrible. Hes only here because he has some experience in the NHL. Not much, but it trumps none in AV's eyes.

Myusername
11-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Damn, grasping at straws I see...

Pete
11-07-2014, 10:42 AM
:tweet:New York Rangers: Veteran defenseman Tomas Kaberle skating with the #NYR today

:tweet: @AGrossRecord: Tomas Kaberle says he can still play in the NHL. Vigneault says unfair to evaluate based on one practice with the team.

JOHN
11-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Yes it's unfair, but uh... What else can you do? You need to start somewhere.

Ranger Lothbrok
11-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Yes it's unfair, but uh... What else can you do? You need to start somewhere.

Seriously though lol. What other metric do we have? It's not like he's played recently.

Honestly though, I don't like it. Hunwick has been fine (5 points in 10 games, 2 of which on the PP), both offensively and defensively. That pass to MSL the other night was a thing of beauty. And he shoots the puck on the PP, which I love. Boyle will be back next week, Moore before then. Really no need to bring in this inept dinosaur.

Vodka Drunkenski
11-07-2014, 04:31 PM
God, please no

So Nashty
11-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Seriously though lol. What other metric do we have? It's not like he's played recently.

Honestly though, I don't like it. Hunwick has been fine (5 points in 10 games, 2 of which on the PP), both offensively and defensively. That pass to MSL the other night was a thing of beauty. And he shoots the puck on the PP, which I love. Boyle will be back next week, Moore before then. Really no need to bring in this inept dinosaur.

I'm sure he would be no worst than Moore. But who knows.

Gorilla Salad
11-07-2014, 05:59 PM
If Glen Sather signs this washed up waste of a roster spot, Mr. Spock needs to invoke Executive Order 1 and declare him mentally unstable and unfit for command. He then needs to be exiled to Seti Alpha 5.

God, if it were only that easy...

Mike
11-07-2014, 11:00 PM
If Glen Sather signs this washed up waste of a roster spot, Mr. Spock needs to invoke Executive Order 1 and declare him mentally unstable and unfit for command. He then needs to be exiled to Seti Alpha 5.

God, if it were only that easy...

Sheldon? Is that you?

Gorilla Salad
11-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Sheldon? Is that you?

BAZINGA!

High and Wide
11-08-2014, 10:22 PM
At this point, I don't have an issue with bringing Kaberle in. Assuming he would sign for whatever we offer him, I don't think having veteran depth in this defensive corp is a bad thing right now. For all we know, he is truly motivated to have a final run in this league.

Morphinity
11-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Pls, anyone but Kostka.

Travis Bickle
11-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Nothing to lose at this point.

Pete
11-09-2014, 01:44 AM
Nothing to lose at this point.

Wait until you see him play. Hamrlik-like.

Travis Bickle
11-09-2014, 02:46 AM
Wait until you see him play. Hamrlik-like.

I'm sure my statement was influenced by tonight's debacle (and other games). Has he actually been signed?

Pete
11-09-2014, 02:50 AM
I'm sure my statement was influenced by tonight's debacle (and other games). Has he actually been signed?

Not sure. Sounds like he was though.

Travis Bickle
11-09-2014, 03:00 AM
Not sure. Sounds like he was though.

Perhaps we'll get a confirmation today.

Phil in Absentia
11-09-2014, 01:27 PM
The continuing invite to Kaberle — a smooth-skating puck mover who was suspect in the defensive zone even in his heyday of the late 90’s and early 2000’s—makes even less sense with John Moore eligible to come off his five-game suspension on Tuesday against the Penguins and Dan Boyle perhaps available as soon as Thursday’s match against Colorado. Only Ryan McDonagh (separated shoulder) will be gone for the long-term.

Yet, Kaberle was here, skating, even as the Rangers have no cap space to spare and only one open contract slot within the organization.

“I feel I can compete in the league,” Kaberle said before the game. “[The tryout] didn’t go in New Jersey the way I wanted.

“The Rangers had some issues with injuries and they called me,” added Kaberle, who played for Kladno in the Czech League last year after having been bought out by Montreal following 2012-13 and did not get a contract offer after joining the Devils for a training camp tryout.

Kaberle, who has an offer from a team in the Swedish Elite League, said he might return to Europe if this tryout doesn’t lead to a contract offer and a job in New York. Coach Alain Vigneault said there is no timetable for a decision.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/09/veteran-free-agent-kaberle-hopeful-rangers-will-sign-him/

Pete
11-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Maybe they don't care for JMoore.

Ranger Lothbrok
11-09-2014, 03:07 PM
I mean, he was a capable offensive d-man at his best, but his best is over 5 years ago at this point. And offense from the blueline, while it IS lacking, isn't the biggest problem with the blueline. It's defensive effort that's hurting us right now. They're running around like chickens with their heads cut off in our own zone. I'm not sure how bringing in Kaberle helps with that even a little bit.

The Dude
11-09-2014, 11:48 PM
Doesnt even seem like a good fit for an AV team. Hes been garbage for at least 3 seasons now and is a nightmare on the defensive side. Only value he has is ability to keep the puck in the offensive zone. Everything else he ever had is long gone. Theres better free agents out there. Not understanding this as any kind of option. Are they keeping him from going to another team? Philly is in dire need of defensive bodies..... is this some kind of cockblock?

momentum
11-11-2014, 06:58 AM
This is the great thing about try outs ppl, they TRY out, if he's good enough we can play him, if not we say bye bye.
Nothing to worry about really imo.

Dunny
11-11-2014, 07:15 AM
Never trust a defenceman with 14 career PIMS.

Pete
11-11-2014, 07:55 AM
There are better players to try out. Like me.

AmericanJesus
11-11-2014, 08:22 AM
More and more, I see this as a desperation move in case we had one more injury or if Klein was long term (he was out when this started) and McIlrath, Allen or Koskta proved to be really unable to compete consistently at this level (and Pete had a scheduling issue). I suspect we'll see Kaberle in Europe shortly.

momentum
11-11-2014, 08:48 AM
More and more, I see this as a desperation move in case we had one more injury or if Klein was long term (he was out when this started) and McIlrath, Allen or Koskta proved to be really unable to compete consistently at this level (and Pete had a scheduling issue). I suspect we'll see Kaberle in Europe shortly.

This, too bad about the scheduling with Pete, would have loved to see him on the Rangers :)

Mike
11-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Me >> Pete

Pete
11-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Me >> Pete

:rolleyes:

They'll need someone who isn't gassed after one trip up the rink.

Mike
11-11-2014, 10:49 AM
:rolleyes:

They'll need someone who isn't gassed after one trip up the rink.

Hater

Dunny
11-11-2014, 10:52 AM
short shifts

Mike
11-11-2014, 11:15 AM
short shifts:thankyou:

Bretzky
11-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Is this still happening?

Phil in Absentia
11-12-2014, 05:13 PM
He's still skating with the team as of the last reports I read from this morning, yes.

Ranger Lothbrok
11-12-2014, 08:33 PM
He's still skating with the team as of the last reports I read from this morning, yes.

Oh good. It's nice to have a hobby. As long as he doesn't get paid for it.

Phil in Absentia
11-13-2014, 11:13 AM
:tweet: @AGrossRecord: Kaberle hasn't signed PTO yet but he says it would be good for him to get a couple of games in with Hartford (AHL).

:tweet: @HartnettHockey: Tomas Kaberle says he hasn't signed a PTO yet, says he'd like a couple of games in with Hartford (AHL).

:tweet: @BrettCyrgalis: Tomas Kaberle said he's going to take the PTO and head to Hartford to play. "It'll be good to play some games," he said. #NYR

Phil in Absentia
11-13-2014, 02:23 PM
In what could potentially be a good sign for the eventuality of Tomas Kaberle being offered a contract by the Rangers, defenseman Michael Kostka was placed on waivers today.

Kaberle is on the verge of signing a professional tryout and playing in one or two of the Wolf Pack’s three weekend games. If he does well in this phase of his audition, the Rangers could offer him a contract as a depth defenseman.

The fact that the Rangers are willing to risk losing Kostka on waivers is probably a decent indication they’ve at least been intrigued by what they’ve seen so far from Kaberle, 36, who began skating with the Rangers last Friday.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/kostka_placed_on_waivers/

AmericanJesus
11-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Wolfpack twitter giving updates on today's game Kaberle with two assist so far.

Phil in Absentia
11-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Did Tomas Kaberle do enough to impress the New York Rangers during his brief AHL stint?

The unrestricted free agent signed a professional tryout Friday with the Hartford Wolf Pack, the Rangers’ AHL affiliate, but was released from that tryout Monday, Wolf Pack GM Jim Schoenfeld announced.

Kaberle registered two assists, four shots on goal and posted a minus-3 rating in two games for the Wolf Pack over the weekend. The team lost both games.

The purpose of the 36-year-old defenceman’s AHL tryout was to give the Rangers’ management and coaching staff an indication if he was ready for a return to the big league.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/tomas-kaberle-pto-hartford-wolf-pack-ahl-new-york-rangers/

--

Your call, Glen...

Pete
11-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Per Twitter he was released from his PTO.

Phil in Absentia
11-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Per Twitter he was released from his PTO.

Covered in the second line above. :rofl:

So Nashty
11-17-2014, 10:57 AM
What does that mean? Did his try out just end and they are going to make a choice now or did they not like what they saw and just cut it short?

If he signs for cheap, which I'm assuming he would have to either way, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot. Cant possibly be any worst than Kostka has been.

But it does not sound like he has impressed much.

Phil in Absentia
11-17-2014, 10:59 AM
What does that mean? Did his try out just end and they are going to make a choice now or did they not like what they saw and just cut it short?

If he signs for cheap, which I'm assuming he would have to either way, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot. Cant possibly be any worst than Kostka has been.

We don't know yet. He was signed to a PTO with the Wolfpack for two games and released from that PTO. That's all we know. We have no idea if the Rangers were impressed enough by his play in those games to offer him a contract or not.

AmericanJesus
11-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Without having actually watched him, the stats don't mean much. I'll leave it to management whether they think he'll make a good 7th until McDonagh's return. Once McD gets back, I'd suspect he'll get waived and then refuse to report unless we have further injuries or he somehow gets in games and outplays both Moore and Hunwick.

AmericanJesus
11-17-2014, 11:00 AM

The reports when he signed the PTO were that he would play 1-2 games out of the three Hartford had over the weekend. So this is all as expected as far as his release from the PTO.

Pete
11-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Covered in the second line above. :rofl:

I guess you're not the only one who skims. :)

Phil in Absentia
11-17-2014, 11:31 AM
:tweet: @AGrossRecord: Sounds like Rangers will have a deal with Kaberle later today.

:tweet: @stevezipay: AV: We'll have something on Kaberle later...

--

Looks like they liked what they saw.

Pete
11-17-2014, 11:41 AM
FUCK! FUCK! FUCKER! FUCK!

AmericanJesus
11-17-2014, 11:43 AM
FUCK! FUCK! FUCKER! FUCK!

I take this to mean you're happy they're finally signing Kaberle after all these years decades of speculation.

Pete
11-17-2014, 11:45 AM
I take this to mean you're happy they're finally signing Kaberle after all these years decades of speculation.

Boyle, Kaberle, it's like a collection of guys Glen coveted 5 years ago, when they were good. Wonder when Hull gets the PTO...

Lt. Dan
11-17-2014, 11:49 AM
:rofl: what a joke

To think I use to complain at times about the the D core we had before. Fuck were we spoiled.

Phil in Absentia
11-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Boyle, Kaberle, it's like a collection of guys Glen coveted 5 years ago, when they were good. Wonder when Hull gets the PTO...

Right after Tkachuk, to add size (lots of size) up the middle... or is that around the middle?

CreaseCrusader91
11-17-2014, 11:55 AM
I am guessing it is a two-way deal worth like $700K. Nothing major.

EdMc28
11-17-2014, 11:56 AM
When's Sudin coming in for a tryout?

Pete
11-17-2014, 11:57 AM
They're using their last contract on him.

And LA just signed McBain last week...

I mean McBain isn't good, but Kaberle can't even skate, never really could, and couldn't defend in my beer league.

So Nashty
11-17-2014, 12:09 PM
The reports when he signed the PTO were that he would play 1-2 games out of the three Hartford had over the weekend. So this is all as expected as far as his release from the PTO.

Gotcha, then that makes sense.

DiJock94
11-17-2014, 01:03 PM
IMG_1839.png

That was suppose to be an attached image of hockey rumors and trades image of kaberle with the statement he was released from hIs pto

Phil in Absentia
11-17-2014, 01:09 PM
:tweet: @NYP_Brooksie: #NYR to talk with Kaberle, agent this afternoon, are not expected to offer free agent defenseman NHL contract...

Phil in Absentia
11-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Kaberle won't be signed. It's official:

:tweet: @HartnettHockey: A lot of us misread AV's comment on Kaberle. AV said today: "Sometime this afternoon, we'll have something for you." Kaberle won't be back.

:tweet: @AGrossRecord: Rangers confirm they and Tomas Kaberle have parted ways. Veteran d-man will not be signing.

--

Bullet. Dodged.

RichieNextel305
11-17-2014, 03:02 PM
Good stuff.

Never hurts to take a look at someone, but didn't think it'd materialize.

Kevin
11-17-2014, 04:04 PM
He must have been really uninspiring because I thought this was a definite.

momentum
11-18-2014, 03:25 PM
When's Sudin coming in for a tryout?

:drool:

torontonyr
11-18-2014, 04:15 PM
Time to trade Henrik for an elite C, and to sign Marty for our 2-year run.