PDA

View Full Version : [Brooks] Rangers Plan to Give Henrik Lundqvist Some Rest

Travis Bickle
11-02-2014, 02:22 AM
When Henrik Lundqvist started in nets for the Rangers’ 1-0 shootout defeat to Winnipeg at the Garden on Saturday night, it marked the King’s ninth start in his team’s first 10 games.

That represented Lundqvist’s heaviest full-season workload out of the gate since 2007-08, when he started the Blueshirts’ first 16 games. He had started as many as nine in October only one other time, the year before that, in 2006-07, the first of four straight seasons in which the Swedish netminder would start between 69-and-72 games per.

There are, however, no plans for Lundqvist to return to his Iron Man status. The Rangers, head coach Alain Vigneault and goaltending coach Benoit Allaire are in agreement that the perfect equation is to limit The King to the neighborhood of 62-65 starts, depending on late season playoff race scenario.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/02/rangers-plan-to-give-goalie-henrik-lundqvist-some-rest/

Pete
11-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Nothing new here. Schedule has been spread out. When it condenses, we'll see more CamBot.

phillyb™
11-02-2014, 10:23 AM
lol. i don't even understand why this is an article.
starting goalies play most games.
backups play some games.

Bretzky
11-02-2014, 07:56 PM
I thought the title meant...

The Rangers plan to give Lundqvist some rest by scoring some motherfucking goals.

Hey Marty St. Louis, that means you. So many chances. FINISH OFF THESE GOD DAMN PLAYS!

That's the best way to give Lundqvist a mental and physical break.

phillyb™
11-03-2014, 08:52 AM
pat leonard also wrote an article for the daily news that was about this topic as well.
i guess it is indeed newsworthy. lol

Future
11-03-2014, 09:07 AM
This is what, the 5th year in a row the same article/discussion has been published? lol