• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

311 Releasing New Record 'Universal Pulse' This July

Phil

First single:

So awesome.

Yup. Good stuff. Posted this video this morning in the "what are you listening to" thread.

I love how they seem to always release albums in the summer. Their music always seems to flow well with summertime. :)

311 is just one of those bands who always sound the same to me.

Overall, their music has slowly evolved into a more mellow style. It took me awhile to adjust, but I'm cool with it. They used to be somewhat heavier with a more rap/rock style with lots of weed references. Here is one of my favorites from the early 90s.

[video=youtube;iqRSKU6Qr-A]

I love old school 311, but the last couple of albums blew. From Chaos was really there last good album IMO. I hated Soundsystem.

Soundsystem was 12 years ago, then From Chaos came out. I think Soundsystem was their weakest as well, but I like alot of it still. From Chaos (01') and Evolver (03') took them in a new direction musically and this is where I had to get used to the new 311 and their changed up style. Don't Tread on Me (05') and Uplifter (09') have more mellow/casual beats to them for sure, but still enjoyable to me. Definetely going to get the new album, even if its nothing like "1990s" 311 which I loved the best.

I'd put 311 in my top 5 bands, easily.

Soundsystem was 12 years ago, then From Chaos came out. I think Soundsystem was their weakest as well, but I like alot of it still. From Chaos (01') and Evolver (03') took them in a new direction musically and this is where I had to get used to the new 311 and their changed up style. Don't Tread on Me (05') and Uplifter (09') have more mellow/casual beats to them for sure, but still enjoyable to me. Definetely going to get the new album, even if its nothing like "1990s" 311 which I loved the best.

I'd put 311 in my top 5 bands, easily.

I liked From Chaos better than Soundsystem, I was let down with that. I got Evolver and I think there were only like 3 or 4 songs on it that I kind of liked. I loved Music, Grassroots, 311 and Transistor. Those were their best albums. I used to say they were up there on my list, but they have dropped for me.

I liked From Chaos better than Soundsystem, I was let down with that. I got Evolver and I think there were only like 3 or 4 songs on it that I kind of liked. I loved Music, Grassroots, 311 and Transistor. Those were their best albums. I used to say they were up there on my list, but they have dropped for me.

Totally understandable....like you said the 90s albums were great from start to finish, the 2000's albums are more hit and miss with songs......some really good, some easily forgettable.

• 1 month later...

Archived