PDA

View Full Version : Article: Alain Vigneault Singles Out Trio of Rangers

Travis Bickle
10-29-2014, 12:13 AM
"The third period, Brass, Zuke and Nasher [Derick Brassard, Mats Zuccarello and Rick Nash] took the game over,'' Vigneault said. "It was one of the best periods I've seen three guys play in a long time. Brass' line really took over that period, gave us momentum. They played quick and strong in front of their net."

Zuccarello,who said Saturday that he hadn't been sleeping well after starting the season goal-less in eight games, had the game-winner and two assists in the third.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/alain-vigneault-singles-out-trio-of-rangers-1.9552990

----

Zucc can get some sleep now.

Mike
10-29-2014, 07:18 AM
He probably needs to go back to the toddler bed.

AmericanJesus
10-29-2014, 07:37 AM

Pete is not laughing.

Pete
10-29-2014, 08:32 AM
-_-

GordonGecko
10-29-2014, 08:36 AM
Zuccarello,who said Saturday that he hadn't been sleeping well after starting the season goal-less in eight games, had the game-winner and two assists in the third.

Pete is not laughing.

Yeah, definitely not cool

Myusername
10-29-2014, 09:06 AM
If only Brassard played like this more often he could be a borderline 1st line center. Guy has skillz

I'm not holding out hope though. At least he does his best work in big games

Morphinity
10-29-2014, 09:15 AM
Zuccarello needed that and I hope it can be something to build on because he was bad for the first few games and then he was snakebit for the next few.

Valriera
10-29-2014, 12:28 PM
What I thought really interesting about this line combo was the fact that Nash is essentially a much more skilled and defensively capable version of Pouliot. Brass and Zuke are not the biggest guys in the league, but they certainly have more spunk than most players several inches taller than them. The problem is they need a player several inches taller than them on their line because they can still get pushed around. When those two have a big skilled guy on their wing, they start to really excel because they work harder than every other team's skill players and they need very little space to make something happen. I don't think Nash stays there forever because it makes us top heavy, but I wouldn't mind seeing Hayes take a turn on the wing of those two once Step gets back. Hayes seems to have a great skillset to play with these two.

Future
10-29-2014, 01:31 PM
I don't think you're too top-heavy doing that.

You'd still have a line of Kreider - Stepan - MSL and have two legit scoring lines.

AmericanJesus
10-29-2014, 03:07 PM
So if/when healthy:

MZA - Brassard - Nash
Kreider - Stepan - MSL
Hagelin - Mueller/Hayes - Duclair
Glass - Moore - Stempniak
Malone

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Boyle
Hunwick - Klein
Moore

I don't hate that.

Slobberknocker
10-29-2014, 03:12 PM
i love how you put hunwick above moore on the depth chart.

i'm not saying your wrong either.

AmericanJesus
10-29-2014, 03:13 PM

Well, might not be wrong. I did have an extra "n" in his last name though.

Travis Bickle
10-30-2014, 12:08 AM

Maybe St. Louis should get one too.

Valriera
10-30-2014, 07:39 AM
I don't think you're too top-heavy doing that.

You'd still have a line of Kreider - Stepan - MSL and have two legit scoring lines.

Well I'll tell you what, if they score three goals a game I don't care who else is on the team, lol.

Future
10-30-2014, 09:04 AM

I like Hunwick's game.

He's certainly not perfect, but he skates well enough that he'll generally be in at least ok position.