PDA

View Full Version : Star of the Month: Month of October 2014

Phil in Absentia
10-28-2014, 12:27 PM
What you are voting on:

The New York Rangers' star of the month. This is a new series running here at BSBH that will determine the featured player for the following months’ BSBH Schedule Wallpaper. The criteria for this vote is simple — based on any number of conditions (goals scored, games won, Star of the Game wins, etc.), who do you feel was the star player for the New York Rangers between October 9th and October 30th?

Need a little help in recapping the month? No problem. Below are just a handful of stats that might help sway you one way or another. If not, feel free to make your own judgements using your own standards of evidence. I just ask that you are voting honestly, and not with intentional biases or agendas/grudges.

Repeat winners are allowed, but should only win if there is clearly no alternative.

October 2014 Highlights:

• As of October 28th, Rick Nash is tied for the league lead in goals (with Corey Perry) with 9 in just nine games played. His 11 points are good for a seven-way tie for third among league leaders. He also leads the Star of the Game series, winning four of the nine games played in the month of October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6sx2NaKek

• Anthony Duclair has 1 goal and 4 assists for 5 points in the seven games he’s played as a Ranger and scored his first NHL goal in the final game of the month against the Wild to tie the game the Rangers eventually won in a 5-4 comeback. His plus-5 rating is second only to Rick Nash’s plus-6 on the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRi1EuvJVNs

• Ryan McDonagh leads all Rangers’ players in average time on ice with 25:25 TOI/GP. He also has 3 assists in nine games played, two of which are power play points.

• Derick Brassard has 7 points in nine games played and was 55.5% on face-offs. He was also second in TOI/GP among all forwards.

This poll will only remain open for voting for 24 hours before the votes are final, so get your vote in quickly!

——————————————————————————————

Who You CAN Vote For:

• New York Rangers' players who played* in any game

Who You CANNOT Vote For:

• Scratched/injured players (who did not play)
• Opposing players
• Former players
• On-ice or off-ice officials
• Coaching staffs
• Fans of either team
• No one (as an actual vote — if you wish to abstain from voting, simply abstain from voting.)

——————————————————————————————

Previous Wallpapers:

October — Ryan McDonagh

Mike
10-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Nash by a lot.
Duclair has been a breath of fresh air, and shows great promise for the future.
McD has been meh.
Brass is waking up.
Glass' CORSI sucks.

jjweimar
10-28-2014, 01:11 PM
I can't see a reason not to go with Nash on this one

So Nashty
10-28-2014, 01:17 PM
No contest.

CreaseCrusader91
10-28-2014, 01:18 PM
Nash and it is a no brainer IMO.

Phil in Absentia
10-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Nash is going to win by a landslide, for obvious reasons, but I don't think that necessarily underplays the positive play of some of the other players on the team, including Duclair, Stempniak, Girardi and Brassard in the second half of the month, etc.

Slobberknocker
10-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Nash is going to win by a landslide, for obvious reasons, but I don't think that necessarily underplays the positive play of some of the other players on the team, including Duclair, Stempniak, Girardi and Brassard in the second half of the month, etc.

Agreed here. I dont even think it is a discussion.

Mike
10-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Girardi has been very good

Pete
10-28-2014, 01:34 PM

To the point they are using him to settle Staal's game.

Phil in Absentia
10-28-2014, 01:49 PM

He had one or two really poor games, but has probably been our steadiest defender all month.

Mike
10-28-2014, 02:01 PM
He had one or two really poor games, but has probably been our steadiest defender all month.

Which is 2, or 3 less poor ones than some others.

Travis Bickle
10-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Rick Nash of course.

H-Dreamer
10-28-2014, 02:35 PM
This is an easy one.

FleshistheFever
10-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Nash. It's been a while, eh? His conditioning/summer routine has paid off. Looks like something finally clicked inside that noggin of his. Better late than never. I can wear the jersey again with pride.

Valriera
10-29-2014, 12:30 PM
Easy decision here, but I can't say enough about what it says about Nash's character. It would be so easy for a player like him to go into a season long slump after the playoffs he had, where he was basically the odd man out in an overperforming group. What does he do instead? Come flying out of the gate and plays like a monster for a month, and has the production to back it up. Have to be happy for the guy and I hope he keeps it up.

RichieNextel305
10-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Nash is the obvious answer here. He's been out of his mind.

That being said, I've also been very happy with Brassard. Guy looks like he's ready to take that next step, and doesn't look weighed down by the expectations coming from the new contract.

!br-avery!
10-29-2014, 08:15 PM
Gotta be Nash
Close second is kostka

AmericanJesus
10-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Gotta be Nash
Close second is kostka

This made me smile. I'll rep you later if I remember.